It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psycho hammers subway passenger

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Maxwell's silver hammer came crashing, down upon his head (doo to doo do)
Maxwell's silver hammer made sure he was dead...

Yea, our society is going crazy. But that's what we've always seen, I mean back in the 50s people thought our society was becoming degenerate when cursing started becoming more common.

This dude, has had enough chances, should've been in a halfway house, or under some sort of supervision (mental institute anyone?). Hopefully (I'm not holding my breath about it though) they'll be more careful with other people who have similar records.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidney thief
Cripes that reminds me Tod Browning's movie Freaks from the 30's.

"One of us! One of us!"

LOL! That movie is a classic. Apparently there were a lot of "extreme" films made back then, but most were destroyed when the "movie ratings" crew took over. Fortunately that one survived (probably cause it didn't have sex).

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Hey, they were probably scared to touch the bloody guy for fear of catching AIDS, because... what happens to the HERO who contracts AIDS?

I know, it sucks...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

Isn't it odd how this is somewhat similar to the attack on the poor guy on the bus in Canada that was sleeping? Wasn't he also wearing an Ipod when he was attacked and did nothing to provoke the attack? Does anyone else find this odd?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by logician magician

this at least makes some sense... the last first aid course i took i was given a keychain with a CPR mask in it, with an occlusive plastic shield and a domed, plastic mouthpiece to blow through, to protect against disease. Helping someone without protecting yourself could be risky, if you were to take the time to think of it in the situation. Isn't Philly the AIDS capital of USA? or am i just thinkin of that movie...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
i tell ya, i've been in some VERY violent situations and it's VERY hard to determine if and when to jump in.

if someone is in total "psycho-mode" amped way up and in full adrenaline, you probably would not be able to step-in. his momentum could really be in swing (no pun intend) and you'd just get smashed too.

BUT, i would be willing to bet that if hollywood made a movie that really struck the hearts of people helping and defending others in scenarios of public violence, i bet people would be more apt to intervene.

then again who knows... i can easily see a "it's not my problem" mentality in society for certain.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

This reminds me of what happened on that bus in Canada.

Bus Attack

Have people lost their damn minds?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by zooplancton

I agree.....first of all, who is to say this attack was random? How do you know that the two people didn't know each other and the victim did something to deserve a beating? I don't know about you guys, but I know a few people that deserve a hammer to the noggin. Just my thoughts, but it's sometimes true.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SailorinAZ

...Wasn't he also wearing an Ipod when he was attacked and did nothing to provoke the attack? Does anyone else find this odd?

Maybe next time someone tells you to 'turn it down' you will listen - let this be an example to all of you. Not all humans have been fully tamed.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthTellist

Originally posted by SailorinAZ

...Wasn't he also wearing an Ipod when he was attacked and did nothing to provoke the attack? Does anyone else find this odd?

Maybe next time someone tells you to 'turn it down' you will listen - let this be an example to all of you. Not all humans have been fully tamed.

iPods have been a boon to crime. It's much easier to get the drop on someone either for an assault, mugging or rape or whatever when the victim is in their own little world. You can be followed for blocks and never know it because you've got some stupid songs blaring in your ears.

Before I left CT Yale was and still is experiencing a huge uptick in crime on the campus. Crime that was once reserved for the residents of that city was flooding into the campus because of all the iPods. Students are completely oblivious to their surroundings with those things in their ears.

If you're going to walk around with an iPod you may as well blindfold yourself too.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by kidney thief

You stepped in to help a couple ladys.. this is natural cavalier behaviour, which I, too, one time did when a couple where fighting. They then both turned on me and I had to run for all my worth to avoid serious injury but that's another story
)

But.. would you have done the same if some guys got attacked?

I doubt your genes would have urged you on in that case..

[edit on 11-9-2008 by Phatcat]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I saw a clip of this on TV and immediately thought of the other passengers who got up and left. They knew what was happening and didn't try to help the victim.
It made me sick.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
God, whatever happened to chivalry.... or bravery. People these days have no sense of wrong in this world gone crazy. I know I for one would. Put me in the same situation and I would have clocked homeboy.... WITH my IPOD!!!

-Z-

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Here in the United states we created a very submissive country to a large extent Americans are scared of confrontation. The other thing in today society we have far fewer personal relationships and lack a sense of belonging. 50 years ago people would have stood up to him and said not in my town. now they say not my problem. People no longer have pride in there country or there community, or for that matter show any loyalty to anything but themselves. Its a sad commentary on just how far i think we have sunk.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Well said dragon. We as free thinkers should be able to stand up for what is right, but we're basically brainwashed into just letting it slide. Screw that. Ima be me, regardless of what is frowned upon. I will NOT CONFORM TO YOU EVIL PEOPLE. EVER.
-Z-

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Tough words, nice pose.. but that's all it is..

If someone would be drowning or in a building on fire I think the reaction to jump in and save the person is still there in society, but extreme violence is another area alltogether.

Imho you're putting on a tough guy act, which is offcourse easy to do while leaning back in your chair typing up comments.

Extreme violence is something that happens in the blink of an eye.. one second all is normal, with normal (well, what's considered normal these days) people, the next you landed in a horror movie with one person so ballistic it takes a LOT more then just having 'a pair'..

Your brain needs to come to terms with what it is seeing, cause it is so surrealistic. Your body needs to shake off the ice that suddenly switched places with your blood, and your reason needs to be overcome when it screams 'Don't interfere!'

If you do you might find yourself at a nice comfortable patch of earth about 6 feet deep, while your next of kin wheeps and says 'well, he was such a hero..'

Heck, maybe you even get a photo in your local newspaper and an editorial on page 2..

I for one love my family much more then I love that poor sob who gets trashed, so I can honestly say I'm no hero, nor a saint.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Although in my heart I am saddened and disheartened by this happening I am beginning to wonder if in fact I would have the personal strength to react without my instinct to survive kicking in.

Nobel intentions are only intentions without deeds.

In the end we each make decisions on a daily basis to alienate the people around us out of distrust and fear.

Every day people are mistreated, abused and starve to death. Do we actively as a society and as humans really go out of our way to make this change? Or do we react like the people on the bus and turn our heads, secretly glad we are not the victim.

I do not judge these people, but ask anyone who would judge them to take a long hard look at yourself and the choices you make daily.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Its different KNOWING it happens, than SEEING it happen. I have been in many randomly violent situations because of the lifestyle I once lived. I have to say my heart lead the way 85% of the time. Like I said, theres people who dont freeze up in times of danger and dismay, and theres people who do. I am one of the small percent who dont. I've been stabbed TWICE in the last 8 months and I have a keen sense of street knowledge. Im not saying im a badass and I would drop that guy no problem, im just saying if I saw that guy sitting there minding his own and some idiot comes up swinging for APPARENTLY no reason, i'd back him up, die or not. I have "Death Before Dishonor" tatted on my collarbone for a reason. I'd rather die before I let my beliefs in whats right be shot down. I'd help him even if the dude had a chainsaw cuz thats how I roll.
In the longrun... I have a pair, as a few other brave souls do.
If this ever happens to you, just pray that someone near you thinks like me and that a true hero will show their colors by saving you in a desperate time of need.
Much love all.
-Z-

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Wow...

Yet another unprovoked attack. So many parallels between this one and so many others, like the one here in Canada.

... only... something seems to be missing...

... OH, That's right!... Where are all the religious freaks claiming it's the gays fault? They should be here by now, yelling at us saying "God is punishing you for having gays in your country!" lol.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Ya know guys... after thinking about it...
Its probably the gays fault. God is punishing you for liking men.

There... happy?

-Z-

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join