It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psycho hammers subway passenger

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Reddupo

i completly agree with Reddupo. You can say that you would stop such an attack, but unless you where in that situation there is no possible way you would know how you would react. We have been told by the authorities constantly not to get involved, this then in turn makes the population less likely to react in this kind of sittuation. we are getting to the point where we are scared of our own shadow. Personaly i would like nothing more than to take outevery single one of these yobs. and its getting to the point where the people will lose all confidence in the authorities and take the law into their own hands. it will only take one major event where someone has had enough and go on a personal rampage against these yobs.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
It's obvious to me the real problem is this hammer-crazed society. We need to keep hammers out of the hands of crazy people. Why wasn't a background check done on this guy before he bought the hammer? He should have waited some arbitrary amount of time from the time of purchase to when he picked it up to be sure any anger had time to diffuse. He should have taken a hammer safety course and applied for a hammer permit. Hammers should be banned from public transportation. Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Which is why people with extensive criminal records should not be on the streets and should perhaps be of better use in science experiments.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Even worse, in another article it says one of the other passengers stole the victims cellphone, which fell out of his pocket, and sold it on to a teenage girl for $150.
That is some seriously f'ed up city.
Gold help us help ourselves.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
This story doesn't make sense on several levels.

As already remarked above, one strong blow with a claw-hammer has the potential to kill. Five minutes of sustained beating with a claw-hammer would/should reduce a normal skull to fragments.

So far, posters have reacted with despair. And sure, if we take the story at face-value, despair is appropriate reaction.

But is the story true ?

Are we manipulated to feel despairing, hopeless, threatened ?

And are we being manipulated, via such horror stories, to lose faith in our fellow-man and to shrink in fear of each other and of life itself ?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
this is completely disgusting. That is why I recently started carrying a knife on my belt loop last month. Typically in the past (I have been attacked as a result of the lifestyle I used to live) I would just fight back. But lately I read and watch the news, and random people out of nowhere are assailing people with any number of weapons on public locations.

I drew the line at the man in Canada who played operation on an innocent bystander, and not a single person did anything to help. Thats when I decided I better at least carry something on me personally. My managers at work got no beef with it, as it is not against the law.

I always carry a 22 inch machete in my vehicle, but I want to have something on me personally for safety now. I would never, EVER watch as some bystander just gets brutally attacked for no apparent reason like that. You will see me go in and break limbs.

Well, I'm at the point now where, I may have to violate the law and carry a nice sub-compact 9mm around(I have a CCW permit, but not valid in CA)..with something stronger in the trunk, in a locked car safe, just in case. Better to judged by 12, than carried by six.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The news just said that it was random, and that the assailant has mental problems and has been arrested NINE times since 2000, often for violent offenses.

Maybe he just needs another chance to get his life together.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Just how many chances does someone deserve, in your opinion? I think he's already had too many chances.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a couple years ago, in Belgium, there was a small group of people who beat up on an elderly man on a bus.

nobody helped.. not the driver, not the other passengers.. and the elderly man died as a result of a heart failure.

And in our media the reader's letters also where full of boasting about how they would have stepped in and condemning the ones who stood by.

I know they're lying through their teeth.. they propably know it themselves, too, if they'd be honest to themselves.

Fact is, this is a Dog Eat Dog world, and if it's not trouble affecting you personally, you praise the Lord and stay the heck clear of it.

Only if the trouble moves in your general direction afterwards do you think of responding, maybe.. and then every other onlooker is also locked in prayer thankfull it's not thém getting a whooping, maybe looking on fascinated, maybe looking away in disgust, but helping ?

The day I read in the papers a guy was being smacked up by a really violent person and someone stepping in to help, is the day I start believing in Saints.. sad but true

[edit on 10-9-2008 by Phatcat]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cowgirlstraitup7
I just saw this story and video on my local news. They said it was most likely gang related. Very sad that a child had to see this.

gang related?

well, there's only one gang who screams 'allah ackbar' when attacking innocent infidels...

Surveillance video of attack; see if you can identify the attacker.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
Just how many chances does someone deserve, in your opinion? I think he's already had too many chances.

I was being sarcastic.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Phatcat, that is a pansy move. If I saw a helpless man get jumped like that I would throw down cuz I know the innocent man did nothing and I wouldnt catch a court case over it and me and the other man could more than likely overpower the jerk who started it. Now, if he was getting gangmugged by 3 or 4 guys I might rethink my position. But having said that, theres 10 other people sitting around watching this happen and no one has the balls to jump up and at least try to subdue the man? Cmon. One of those people couldve blindsided him with an umbrella or a suitcase of some sort. Grow a pair people. Help the innocent.
-Z-

[edit on 9/10/2008 by ZyPHeR]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Once, at work, someone pulled a gun. I moved towards the weapon, grabbing children and moving them to safety, then went back for more.

Once, out at night, a little person (obviously drunk) came at me with no weapons. I ran, mostly out of shock.

You never know what you will do until you are doing it, and you may wish later that it was another action than the one you did.

I think it says more about the type of people who live in urban areas now. This is not a stereotype, merely an observation. Maybe they just get used to the boys in blue being there. Hmpff, I don't know.

Jason

Edit; Just saw the video in it's entirety. Look, I get why some might fear getting involved. But no calls to report the crime? No help for the victim afterwards?

If I was rich, I would move that poor 20 year old and his mom to another city, and get him a good job. No one should have to live in that crazy place. Not after a hammer beating, anyways.

[edit on 10-9-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

a "little person"?
as in, a midget?
I'd have run too that would be some freaky s**t!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kidney thief

Yes, a midget.

I have an unnatural fear of clowns, REALLY old people (the kind with the see-through skin), and Little people. I have no idea why.

So I guess the scariest thing in the world is an elderly, midget-clown.

Oh, and if he was hiding in a tall hedge.

Tall hedges bother me too.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Hmmm. Okay. I wasn't really sure where you were coming from. It's hard to tell sometimes.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phatcat
The day I read in the papers a guy was being smacked up by a really violent person and someone stepping in to help, is the day I start believing in Saints.. sad but true

[edit on 10-9-2008 by Phatcat]

I was at a bar (sober, i swung by to be a DD for some friends after being at a concert all night) a couple years ago. This known, super-shady thug who has robbed friends of mine, pulled blades and guns on friends, etc was there with some girls, two of which started to fight in the bar. The whole lot got thrown out, so myself and a friend went out to the patio to watch a little catfight action thinkin it'd be the chicks fightin (rollin on the ground, pulling each others hair, tearing off clothes, straddling each other etc.. ha yeah right.)

Anyhows when we get out there all 5 or so of these girls are yelling at the guy over something. Out of the blue, he punches one in the face, he kicks another in the stomach, grabs another one by the hair and knees her, all the while I was like WTF, standing there shocked on the patio. A guy in the parking lot went over to intervene and calm him down, and got knocked right out, one punch. The attacker goes back to hitting the girls who are frantic and arent doin much to defend themselves other than screaming.

So me and my buddy jump the patio fence into the lot, and get in the middle, trying to seperate the guy from the girls who are attacking each other and this dude's still swingin full force.. the dude starts hitting my friend, i throw a punch or two, whatever. Finally his buddy comes outside and calms him down for a second.
The attacker looks at me and goes "You. I know you punched me!" and charges at me.
Like a one liner out of a Shwarzenegger film i go "And ill do it again, bitch!" and knock him out flat; his nose explodes and he falls in a heap, unconscious. First real punch I've thrown in 10 years. Im 6'4 200 lbs, this guy was an inch shorter but about 30 pounds on me, he's a cage fighter, p.o.s. known violent guttertrash.
Problem is I ended up breaking my hand from hitting him so hard. Didnt even get a lousy phone # from any of those broads either.
WHat Im sayin is, people will do stupid things like the violent woman-beater, but there are people out there who will act instinctively for the good, outside of thinking long enough to be afraid of action or think of the consequences which could've been worse than what happened for intervening. The next few weeks i was expecting to get shanked, robbed or jumped by this guy or one of his cronies...

As an aside, when this happened i had just quit my job and started workin at a tattoo shop as their new artist; i couldnt tattoo and make money for weeks upon weeks until after my hand was rehabbed into being steady again.
This spring i went for an interview at a local tattoo shop, was hired by the shop manager then he brought me into the back to meet the co-owner.
Lo and behold, its the scumbag whos faced i split in half and broke my hand on. Needless to say, I never bothered going back.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

What is the link here this is the third or fourth attack story on a person listening to an ipod.There is something very strang here.All involve a person who is completely relaxed and then they attack violently.
Strange.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson
reply to post by kidney thief

Yes, a midget.

I have an unnatural fear of clowns, REALLY old people (the kind with the see-through skin), and Little people. I have no idea why.

So I guess the scariest thing in the world is an elderly, midget-clown.

Oh, and if he was hiding in a tall hedge.

Tall hedges bother me too.

Cripes that reminds me Tod Browning's movie Freaks from the 30's.

"One of us! One of us!"

Ever see a midget with no arms or legs light a cigarette with a match?? watch that film and your fears will take a sudden turn for the worse.

[edit on 10-9-2008 by kidney thief]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join