It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Message to Obama- Blame Yourself

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Obama needs no one to blame for his current situation except himself.

First of all, this should have been a repeat of Clinton-Dole with Obama winning decisively. After 8 years of Bush, America was ready for a fresh face. In addition, Obama had defeated the toughest candidate in the race and that was Hillary. Against all odds he managed to beat Hillary despite his poor finish. However, this is where Obama made an error. Instead of putting his pride aside and making peace with Hillary, he let the relationship sour and spin out of control. The media picked up on this and the stories started flying about Bill-Hillary-Obama all the way up to and during the convention, at times upstaging the message he was trying to send out. Shortly before the convention, realizing he was going to need her and her supporters help, he tried to appease her and her supporters. But the damage had already been done.

The second thing and probably the biggest mistake he made was selecting his Vice President. All he had to do was to pick Hillary and this election would have been game, set, match. Palin or no Palin. Instead he picked Senator Biden. A person who contradicted his message of more of the same. A pick that further alienated Hillary's supporters.

Now Obama finds himself blaming other people like Palin and Fox News for his recent fall. On top of that his surrogates or should I say many people who favor the Democrats are now working overtime in an effort to discredit Palin in every way possible. The dirtier, the better.

This was Obama's to win since the word go but he let McCain stick around due to two poor decisions. Decisions that could haunt Obama for many years to come.

Do you agree with these two reasons or is Palin's overnight success really to blame?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Yes, it was Obama's to win and he threw it in the trash can. You really can't blame him though.

Obama did not have the experience to make the wise choices needed for the job. He had millions of people who turned out to worship him and it went to his head.

Obama fell on his own sword, that sword being his ego.

Sarah Palin's shoes have more executive experience than Barack Obama. At least they have been behind the big desk.

That didn't help him either.

It was his, but the total lack of experience and his own ego let it slip away.

Give him ten years and he'll probably make it to the oval office.

[edit on 9-9-2008 by mrwupy]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Do you agree with these two reasons or is Palin's overnight success really to blame?

These two reasons ALLOWED Palin to be an overnight success.

Everybody loves a good story. That's why we all love going to the movies. The Obama story was perfect. He was an unknown idealist who beat the experienced veteran party politician.

The next chapter of Obama's perfect story would have been picking Hillary Clinton as VP. He would have had Hillary and Bill Clinton leading a second American revolution to TAKE BACK the country from the Republicans. Clinton had the country under control when he left. Bush could be blamed for screwing it up. Together, they could have run a campaign to TAKE BACK America.

But Obama choked....

For whatever reason, probably ego, he decided to not only bypass Hillary, but to not even consider her. The last insult added to injury was not even asking for her records so she could be seriously considered.

And then to add Biden... BIDEN? Joe Biden, who got less than 1% of the Iowa vote? Joe Biden who had to drop out of a previous race because he got busted plagiarizing and entire speech?

BIDEN???

Picking Biden ENDED the Obama fairy tell. And it set the stage for the beginning of a new story -the Sarah Palin story.

So yes, Obama can blame only himself.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Last time I looked..
The election is in November, so it isn't won or lost quite yet....

While it does appear to me that Sen. Obama's campaign suffered a knockdown during the past week, and doesn't seem as smooth as he did prior, I would hardly think that this would continue through to election day.

Personally I am waiting for the debates to see how each candidate President & Vice President handles themselves...

Right now it's pretty much same old stump speeches with the occasional gaffe here or there which won't add up to much come November.

Everyone makes mistakes.. we can't expect them to be perfect.. that would be unfair.

I want to see actual answers to important issues that the US faces in the coming years.

Hopefully, I will hear something to sway my decision to one candidate.

I am one of those undecided voters...

I am listening.

ed:sp

[edit on 9/9/2008 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

I want to see actual answers to important issues that the US faces in the coming years.

This is where Obama is failing miserably. In addition to what the OP pointed out, Obama has painted himself into a corner in terms of many of the issues. He has picked Joe Biden as VP knowing Biden's son is a prominent Washington lobbyist. Not smart when his entire campaign was about blasting lobbyists.

Then he voted FOR the FISA bill that he said he would filibuster. Again, not smart when you're running against Bush's dismantling of the Constitution.

Then he unequivocally stated on numerous occasions that the surge was a mistake and wasn't working. Bad move again. Now he says the surge worked.

Economy? He campaigned for 18 months about eliminating the Bush tax cuts. McCain kept saying raising taxes in a weak economy would be a disaster. So now Obama comes out and says he's not going to rescind the tax cuts if we're in a recession.

So you're not going to see ACTUAL answers from Obama because his answers seems to be malleable to say the least.

McCain's answers are straightforward:

lower taxes
drill for oil here in the U.S.
less government intrusion into private lives
strong defense

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Hey, the short senile little man, with the short arms, who's never voted anything worthwhile in government, but spent 5 years being tortured and the hooker-turned Queen of Alaska, with the fisherman hubby, who forgave her for having an affair with his best friend...(see latest Inquirer) the worlds NOW most reputable tabloid reports.....and the ambiance in her family of trailer trash, BUT CHURCH GOERS... now that was a wise pick.

I love you Dg but this is uncalled for. I hope you don't get in serious trouble.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

As you know I am an Obama supporter, but most of your post is valid and I have to agree with you.

Obama had a chance and he blew it on a pick he thought was better for him and his campaign. He clearly was wrong!

That being said, I don't think anyone is digging this dirt up on Palin for the sake of trying to save Obama, they are digging the dirt because that is what politics is about. Obama had plenty of dirt dug up on him and that's all ATS was talking about during the primaries. Now it's Palins turn to get her fair share of politcal mud slinging.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Cowgirlstraitup7

Fair is fair on the dirt stuff.

I must say I am beginning to think this may be Obama's third mistake. Instead of taking on McCain, he is taking on Palin. While Obama is busy on Palin, McCain is getting his message out. Personally, I think Obama should let Biden take care of Palin in the debates while he competes with McCain.

Just an observation.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Kellter

Actually, i have plenty to say about Obama himself. I dislike him, dont know where he came from, i do not like Biden, and overall, i think we have very poor choices as presidential runners up this year.

I'm an equal opportunity girl and i call it as i see it.

The truth, thru my eyes, is that we dont have anyone running whos worth a subway token.

I hope that clarifies it for you and others.

One's running on sympathy, the other on promises that wont be kept.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Go ahead and chastise me for NOT liking anyone running.

I'll just take it like a woman that i am.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I wouldn't be to premature in counting Obama out. Granted his campaign doesn't look to good right now but after the debates, his
chances will dramatically improve. People will see what an old man McCain is and Palin will lose most of her luster. Provided they don't
just softball the questions. If they hit her with policy questions she will
fold like a cheap suit.

Biden isn't the most exciting thing, but he is a pro and could be the october surprise.

Or the October surprise might be that Palin has just one more HUGE
skeleton in her closet and the Christian Right will bail once again.

[edit on 9-9-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Hey, the short senile little man, with the short arms, who's never voted anything worthwhile in government, but spent 5 years being tortured and the hooker-turned Queen of Alaska, with the fisherman hubby, who forgave her for having an affair with his best friend...(see latest Inquirer) the worlds NOW most reputable tabloid reports.....and the ambiance in her family of trailer trash, BUT CHURCH GOERS... now that was a wise pick.

Nice... how lady like.
very professional response ma'am. and to think I used to respect your opinion.
used to

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

your making some valid points. I am not counting anybody out. I guess after the debates we will have a bigger picture.

Although the VP debate is the one everyone is looking forward to, I really don't see it as giving either candidate big points. I think Obama vs McCain will be the ones that will be the tale of the tape.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

No complaints from me. I have been saying all those things for some time now.

I will say that the election isn't over yet. But the certainty of an Obama win is out the window at this stage.

I really do think this is McCain's to lose now.

Pretty shocking when you consider everyone thought the Democratic nominee was a guaranteed win.

[edit on 10-9-2008 by loam]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom

Nice... how lady like.
very professional response ma'am. and to think I used to respect your opinion.
used to
Actually, its fine to dislike the things i say. As far as the story on Sarah, its at any checkout counter. I would not say my pointing out this would be construed as "political trolling" NOR is it unlady like.
Its whats out there so YOU and I can make up our minds, providing we have one of our own, as to who to chose.

Again, my sincerest apology.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

I couldn't agree with you more.

On top of all of this McCain was having a hard time getting his party to accept him and was pretty much running a lame campaign. And Obama still couldn't get McCain off his back.

This year has been full of surprises and this isn't over yet. So we will have to wait and see.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Obama needs no one to blame for his current situation except himself.

What do you mean by current situation? If you mean he should be ahead more..then yes you can say that he should be. I am sure the McCain camp feels the same way. If you mean he is losing, he isn't...

McCain's post convention bounce in the polls has evaporated..
As of today they are split 45%/45%
www.cnn.com...

However, this is where Obama made an error. Instead of putting his pride aside and making peace with Hillary, he let the relationship sour and spin out of control.

"HE LET the realtionship spin out of control"
Well assuming there was a genuine issue and not a media manufactured one between Obama and Hillary, I find it odd that you seem to know them personally enough to feel comfortable in assigning blame for whatever issue they had. Hillary seems like a tough lady, I suspect it wasn't entirely Obama's fault.

The second thing and probably the biggest mistake he made was selecting his Vice President. All he had to do was to pick Hillary and this election would have been game, set, match.

I think Obama differs from McCain in this regard and wasn't neccessarily thinking desperately about how to appeal to the largest swath of a voting block (women) in making his choice, but actually chose who he thought would be best for the job of VEEP. I know...UNBELIEVABLE isn't it that someone would make a choice that way.

Now Obama finds himself blaming other people like Palin and Fox News for his recent fall.

I haven't seen him blame Palin or Fox News for any swing in polls? Have a link? Fox News has more bad days then good, but they get it right now and then, like Megyn Kelly taking it to Tucker Bounds about McCain's ads. You should look it up on Youtube, good stuff

And also...what "fall?" McCain's Polling numbers are dropping and they are kneck and kneck again? See link above.

On top of that his surrogates or should I say many people who favor the Democrats are now working overtime in an effort to discredit Palin in every way possible. The dirtier, the better.

YES, you should say "people who favor democrats" I appreciate the honesty.

Obama wasn't responsible for the sleaze stories about Palin, people that post on the internet with an agenda were primarily responsible. I have the same opinion of those stories as I do of most of your threads..shall I list them?

Palin deserves proper vetting and the media focus seems to have turned to fact checking rather than sleaze, but I can see how making the case that Palin is still under attack for illegitimate issues would help McCain's camp deflect genuine questions and why supporters like yourself would keep saying it.

Palin's overnight success ...It was frighteningly indictive of how the GOP genuinely felt about John McCain...They didn't even care if she was vetted or if they knew her views or not. They were Gaga before she even spoke for the first time at the convention. What does that say about John McCain?

The new car smell has faded quickly as people get back to thinking about the issues. Again...see polling data and listen to the news. Tolerance for the kind of Campaign McCain has been running is nearly gone. Even Mitt Romney and Karl Rove took McCain to task publically in the last 48 hours....I guess what I am saying is what is Barack Obama supposed to blame himself for?

[edit on 15-9-2008 by maybereal11]

[edit on 15-9-2008 by maybereal11]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

current situation- McCain shouldn't even be close. Economy bad, Bush 8 years, people want change. Has nothing to do with losing. Election isn't over.

Releationship go sour- It was Obama's job to reach out to Hillary and Iron out the differences. If she wouldn't play nice then he should have used the media spotlight to put her into check. Just the fact that she owed so much was enough to pressure her into accepting his way.

Biden as VP- Obama would have picked Hillary cause he wanted that women vote also. He didn't pick her cause he wasn't sure if he would be able to control her. Like you said she is one tough lady. Even Bill has trouble controlling her.

Recent fall There isn't a thing that isn't circulated by either party that either party candidate aren't aware of. As long as it doesn't lead back to them it is a green light, sleaze or not. His recent fall is referring to that is message is being overshadowed by the sleaze.Prior to Palin he was doing pretty good at keeping things on issues.

He should blame himself for not defining himself clearly, emphasizing that he has the experience in addition to experienced advisors, and for not kicking McCain's ass from the word Go.

McCain really reminds me of Bob Dole. This race should have been over a long time ago.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
my 2 cents...did it ever occur to you that the polling companies and the media have an "interest" in trying to keep this race close? i have yet to hear what mccain is going to "change" in real terms to help the middle class or lower class.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join