It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tv shows Future Weapons and US boarder war painting an invincible USA?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I've watched the series, Future Weapons quite a bit and I'm always impressed by the technology and strategies on the show but I'm also wary because I know how much dis-info and propaganda will surround the military's might before and during periods of War. When watching it you get the impression that the military is almost invincible with un-pierceable amour and assault weapons with unbelievable range, accuracy and power. I believe this impression is intended.

For those of you who have seen the show, how much brain washing do you think is on there?

Secondly, there is a new show called US Boarder War which is about the boarder patrol keeping out illegal aliens but I detect that its there to convince sheeple that it's not a problem and that everything is fine- kind of like Fox, ABC, CNN and the rest of the alphabet posse.

What do you guys think about this kind of programming?
And what other shows do you know of that do this?

[edit on 9/9/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Yes, I watch shows like that sometimes, and how they portray the military. But I notice most of the time it comes with disclaimers that it is a protyote, and will not be used until 2030 or sometime.

Have you ever read the book 1984, you should...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Good Wolf
Secondly, there is a new show called US Boarder War which is about the boarder patrol keeping out illegal aliens but I detect that its there to convince sheeple that it's not a problem and that everything is fine- kind of like Fox, ABC, CNN and the rest of the alphabet posse.

Why is this illegal immigrant drama what is being hyped then? The agenda appears to be exactly the opposite of assuaging the population.

I am not sure how to say this in brief nor if I should: having an "illegal immigrant problem" is the outward appearance that is desired. Why? Because the enemy has to perceive that there are a large number of potential young and able conscripts that could be called upon should an enemy try to invade it. The enemy won't be too scared if they know the greater portion of the population-- legal or not-- is of retirement age. In essence the problem is the front.

Besides that, it serves other purposes in the great goings on which aren't relevant to this question.

Probably a theory you won't hear from too many but I just say what I think about it since I don't follow the conspiracy sheeple's theories nor the mainstream either.

Originally posted by Good Wolf
What do you guys think about this kind of programming?

And what other shows do you know of that do this?

Future Weapons is interesting perhaps because it is a cool gadget show.

The likes of US Border War would be about as exciting as DEA or Cops and has little if any more of a point to it other than to feed an appetite for violence and vicarious persecution. As I see it, this kind of programming is in an essential way today's equivalent of the Gladiators at the Coliseum.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

I can certainly see what you mean. I just saw the ad for it on the tv shortly before I started this thread, so I thought I'd bring the subject.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

The likes of US Border War would be about as exciting as DEA or Cops and has little if any more of a point to it other than to feed an appetite for violence and vicarious persecution. As I see it, this kind of programming is in an essential way today's equivalent of the Gladiators at the Coliseum.

Violence and vicarious persecution. Well said!

I always equated COPS with the PTB method of instilling the "We Always Win" mentality.

Like Sherriff Burnell and his multitude of "World's Wildest Police Chases, etc." Watch it. Notice Burnell always points out the poor loser not getting away with quips like:

"Running is NEVER a good idea"
"Police ALWAYS know when your lying"

Every last word Sh. Burnell utters on the show is brainwashing. It's almost laughable when you recognize the tactic.

Cuhail

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by truth_seeker3

It's been talked about so much and yes I do intend to read it sometime. It seems its a staple in conspiracy theorist lore.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail
I always equated COPS with the PTB method of instilling the "We Always Win" mentality.

Like Sherriff Burnell and his multitude of "World's Wildest Police Chases, etc." Watch it. Notice Burnell always points out the poor loser not getting away with quips like:

"Running is NEVER a good idea"
"Police ALWAYS know when your lying"

Every last word Sh. Burnell utters on the show is brainwashing. It's almost laughable when you recognize the tactic.

That is my concern with these shows, but that in its self doesn't mean conspiracy, as it mite just be 'Cop-Pride'.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I've seen Future Weopons a couple of times. To be honest it's the type of program that disgusts me, as it's nothing but tecnolust and is totally amoral.

Basically the shows portrays death and destruction as something cool, and once a group mind functions on that basis there is nothing but bad things that can happen in the future.

It goes beyond propaganda, it's complete brainwashing. First it starts with tom and jerry, or itchy and scratchy, where people start grining like idiots because cartoons are feral, and then it upgrades to actual real destruction which should, if we were all in our right minds, disgust us.

I think a huge part of the NWO agenda is carried out through memetic manipulation, mostly through non interactive means, especially tv. Future Weopons is just one of thousands on thousands of shows that, if we stop and think, are not good for the group, or indeed the individual, mind, as it conditions us to accept violence, which is a distortion of our civilizational nature.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
No. No it's not cop pride. It's driving home the notion that if you run, you WILL be caught. The videos never, ever show the ones they cut off pursuit on because they're driving just way to fast to chase. They only show the horrible crashes and sensational busts that they can interject their own interpretation of the event. They'll take bits and pieces of the facts of the case -specially chosen facts- and spin them into an exciting, humbling portrait of "You play, you pay!".

Watch it (Wild police chases) and think of everything Burnell says as "instructions" and you will totally see the propaganda.

Cuhail

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Hmm. I see what you mean.

top topics

join