It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO floating above and to the right of moon RIGHT NOW

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Go outside right now 8:24pm EST with video camera or binoculars. There is a bright white light above and slightly to the right of the moon. If you have binoculars, you'll see that there's a red light right above the white light. It can't be a star or planet and it's not moving.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
If I am not mistaken, it's been there for some days, so I suppose it's a planet.

Someone with more knowledge and/or time will probably appear soon to clear this up, but I have just came in from my balcony after looking at the Moon and the "UFO" through a video camera, and there was nothing unusual about it.

I am in Portugal and its 01:35 of September 10.

PS: why are people always so sure that "it can not be a planet or a star"?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I see Jupiter above and to the right of the moon. Big ring around the moon tonight too. Didn't see any red light nearby, although Jupiter seems to have an orangish cast to it tonight, probably due to (at least here) the disturbed air by Hurricane Ike.

Did you take any photos?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
i heard on my local news that it is jupiter.
above and to the right were the words i heard.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
keep looking. The red light isn't there constantly. Planets wouldn't hold the same position over days. The moon circles the earth faster than planets circle the sun.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
the red light is so close the there appears to be a slight overlap. It's hard to tell with handheld binoculars.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I wonder if it can be seen in daylight with a scope?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Must be something close to your location........ I was just looking with both binoculars and ultra-zoom camcorder, and couldn't see anything red. Most likely is not a satellite.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
On a clear night in Nevada you can sometimes see three of Jupiter's moons without binoculars.

Is it just me or is there 'change in the weather' here at ATS lately?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
One more problem with the Jupiter theory. right now in order to see the moon you have to look south. the setting sun is to the right. if the sun was behind me, then I could maybe accept the planet theory because a planet would be reflecting the light coming from behind me, back to me. But in this case, the light from the sun would have to be hitting jupiter and bouncing at a right angle to me. When I looked at the 'planet' I saw a perfect circle. If it was Jupiter, it should be showing a half circle JUST LIKE THE MOON!. Once last comment. Jupiter isn't white. I saw a white ball with a smaller red dot that disappears and then reappears.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Please keep looking and recording. the red light is intermittent.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Studenofhistory
One more problem with the Jupiter theory. right now in order to see the moon you have to look south. the setting sun is to the right. if the sun was behind me, then I could maybe accept the planet theory because a planet would be reflecting the light coming from behind me, back to me. But in this case, the light from the sun would have to be hitting jupiter and bouncing at a right angle to me. When I looked at the 'planet' I saw a perfect circle. If it was Jupiter, it should be showing a half circle JUST LIKE THE MOON!. Once last comment. Jupiter isn't white. I saw a white ball with a smaller red dot that disappears and then reappears.

No. Only the planets inside Earth's orbit show phases. Planets outside Earth's orbit always show a nearly full disc.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 9-9-2008 by Phage]

[edit on 9-9-2008 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Okay, now that you mention it, that makes sense BUT I'm positive about the red light. I saw it more than once.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Update on my earlier posts. At 11:45pm EST I went back outside for another look. The light had moved relative to the moon. It was at that point only slightly higher than the moon and it seemed to me to be further to the right although I can't be sure about that part. I also noticed that it wasn't a ball of light anymore. It was an irregular shape. I watched it carefully for a couple of minutes and didn't notice any red light this time. But here's the thing. Would Jupiter, which is VERY far away, drop down closer to the horizon that much over just 3 hours? I don't see how that could be. Are there any amateur astronomers out there who could shed some light on this?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I was out for dinner with my neighbor last nite. Haven't been feeling so hot so we left the pub early. Around 9pm last nite. I looked at the moon as I always do and I caught that action. Very bright white light top right of moon. Just wanted to go to bed so I didn't really case it out, figured it was Venus by intensity.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I took my "WinStars2" software running and calculated the Ephemeris for a period of 3 days... I hope this can help explain somethings...

Ephemeris

Warning : this box displays events in universal time (UT) !

Maximum of Delta Aurigides meteor shower, from 5th to 10th september.

19h01 Jupiter passes 3.4 degrees from Moon.

22h01 Mercury at greatest Western elongation (26.8°).

Hope that helped...

Peace

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up Sator

It did look very planetoid but will say it was indeed very bright. I had to do a double take.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
i'm going to agree that what your seeing is comething localized and not a satelite or planet.

Originally posted by zorgon
On a clear night in Nevada you can sometimes see three of Jupiter's moons without binoculars.

on a clear night in Nevada you can see pretty much everything in the sky
I loe Nevada for that.

Is it just me or is there 'change in the weather' here at ATS lately?
how so Zorgon?

[edit on 9/10/2008 by JPhish]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish
on a clear night in Nevada you can see pretty much everything in the sky
I love Nevada for that.

John lent me has night vision scope... have you ever looked up over Nevada with one of those?

If not I suggest you do

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Good thread, can't help you there as we only had a weak telescope (mind you, it was good) broke by my son who wanted to see "how it works", I'm after a cheap one (a good one, any help I'll be grateful and consider, thanx) but anyway, when the thing was 'alive' and working, on a bright Summer night 2 years ago I saw an aura on a 'pole' of the Moon, (OURS), well I suppose a 'pole', I could be totally wrong.
It was the utmost highest "northern" point from what we can see, or, all reverse as things like telescopes seem to do, it could have been the opposite point, I'm no expert in the Moon position. People say it doesn't spin,,,therefore we can't see "the dark side of the Moon",...I'll leave that to the experts.

WHAT I SAW:
-------------------

A sort of "bridge of light", symbolically speaking, very bright, same bright whitish colour as the Moon on a good mood.

Shape of that aura or thing:
------------------------------------
In "grades" of whitish bright lights, a bit like when you see a blurred photo and different lines to the real accurate line.

But it was no blurring from the telescope: as all the rest was very neat. Therefore it was several rays of light, what did they apply to? I don't know.

More detail of the shapes: looked like a semi-sphere (half circle from ground to ground with perfect lines, above the Moon ground, into sky and back to Moon ground, active looking in visual fields but otherwise, no other movement) above that point, for the surface of the Moon it was quite big, to compare it I would say, it was as if you'd look at the Earth North Pole (or South) via satellite pictures, and the above semi-circle of light would raised above the whole Pole, its base being at quite far adjacent points, very symetrical around it , and above it.

Anyone else who spotted/ sometimes spots this? And what are they? What is it, or what can it be?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join