It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who/what is in my house?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Background: my wife and I are open to the possibility of spirits, and have had some minor experiences to reinforce that belief. The last few days, however, have started making us nervous-mostly for the inconsistency. We do also have two cats in the house.

For about a month we've both had disturbing dreams (which I've not been writing down so I'm reluctant to try to reconstruct), but starting about 4 days ago, we've both been hearing strange noises at night in the house. First night, at about 3:30 am, I heard male voices having a discussion in the living room-nothing clear, as I would expect from the distance/walls, but normal human voice sounds- clearly enough that I got up to check who it was, and no one was visible. My wife didn't hear anything. I wasn't able to sleep the rest of the night. The second night, we both heard some non-specific banging in the common areas of the house, but nothing seemed out of place when I checked. That was about 4 am. The third night nothing unusual was heard, but the cats didn't come into the bedroom all night, which was a first time occurrence since moving here 5 months ago. Last night was the most disturbing, in that there were multiple happenings and they were not shared. About 9:30 pm, my wife called to me to ask what I meant. I hadn't spoken or heard anything, but she clearly heard a male voice say "Now is the time to really freak out." I calmed her down and we went to bed. About 11:30 pm, I clearly heard someone trip/kick something plastic (bucket, kid's toy, coke bottle....that sort of sound) and my wife's voice, swearing, coming from the living room. The only problem with that is, she was asleep beside me at the time. Finally, she tells me that she heard a tremendous crash from the kitchen area about 5 am, but she decided that it wasn't real since it didn't wake me-and in fact nothing was out of place in the morning. One of the cats has exhibited a personality change, becoming moody-even for a cat.

My wife knows the history of the house from the original builder to present-it has been in her family for at least 30 years. So far as we are aware, the only person to die in the house was her mother, and we have dealt with possible negative spiritual influences with at least two cleansing rituals. Nothing too unusual has come up before now. We have talked extensively about renovating, but so far we've only replaced some curtains. The nearest to a structural change we've made has been installing smoke alarms.

So, do you think we've:
been targeted by multiple spririts for some reason?
disturbed the graves in the attic by driving screws into the ceiling?
hosted a dimensional/timeslip anomaly?
gone round the bend?
been affected by the radiation from the smoke alarms?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Well if there are spirits in your house, are you 100% sure that they are negative? Well if you want to get rid of them , try burning sage bundles and reciting a pray of our choice throughout your house. Also spray water with kosher salt in it to help cleanse your house. IF this doesn't work you can try contacting a local priest or paranormal society.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
No, not 100% sure they're negative, if they are there at all....with the caveat that we are experiencing negative effects, i.e., anxiety, loss of sleep, etc. One of the ritual cleansings that we've done was a white sage ceremony. There's already so much moisture in the walls that I've been hesitant to use the water/salt cleansing, but we may have to give that a try.

After this morning (hearing my wife's voice from another room while she was beside me), I'm actually more inclined to attribute this to a dimensional separation thinning or a timeslip phenomenon rather than actual spirit entities, but since those are even odder possibilities than 'merely' ghosts, I thought I should keep spirits on the list. Basically, I'm asking if someone has similar experiences so I can tell the wife we're not just waiting for the nice men with white coats.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Strange indeed.

Have you considered installing motion/noise camera? Interesting to see what it would pickup.

C-BuZz

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostbug
Background: my wife and I are open to the possibility of spirits, and have had some minor experiences to reinforce that belief. The last few days, however, have started making us nervous-mostly for the inconsistency. We do also have two cats in the house.

So, do you think we've:
been targeted by multiple spririts for some reason?
disturbed the graves in the attic by driving screws into the ceiling?
hosted a dimensional/timeslip anomaly?
gone round the bend?
been affected by the radiation from the smoke alarms?

well, i can telll you that as a muslim we do NOT believe in the dead being able to get up and walk the earth etc in the sense many others claim...
we believe in the dead being bound to their graves awaiting judgement day...

HOWEVER, we do believe in there being another race of beings who have free will called "jinn"... these beings can see us but we cannot see them - and if they ever do visit people they do not show their true form (i.e they could appear as some strange looking creature or a regular human being...)

the jinn are what people constantly refer to as poltergeist etc, believing that they are dead people, when in fact the jinn are merely a race created like us with free will and other qualities that we do not have (for example they can see us, fly etc...)

ALLAAH says in the qur'aan (rough translation)
surah al-anaam

128 And on the Day when He will gather them (all) together (and say): "O you assembly of jinns! Many did you mislead of men," and their Auliya (friends and helpers, etc.) amongst men will say: "Our Lord! We benefited one from the other, but now we have reached our appointed term which You did appoint for us." He will say: "The Fire be your dwelling place, you will dwell therein forever, except as Allah may will. Certainly your Lord is AllWise, AllKnowing."

the devil / satan / shaytaan is one of the jinn= whom The Almighty Lord has created from fire, and there are many devils in existance from amongst the jinn AND mankind...

however, jinn are NOT all devils... as they are like us they can be christian, hindu, sikh, buddhist, jewish, atheist or muslim etc and thus there are both good and bad jinn...

muslims have much knowledge of the jinn and their abilities within the qur'aan and the ahadeeth of the final messenger, and many will call it strange or superstitious and this is mainly due to the lies people believe today about ghosts etc...
one with faith who believes in the Creator and that there are such things as angels will not find it hard to also believe that jinn exist too

uk.youtube.com...
a short video briefly explaining the jinn (3minutes)

paeace be upon those who accept the straight path of guidance, aameen

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyescryforALLAAH07
well, i can telll you that as a muslim we do NOT believe in the dead being able to get up and walk the earth etc in the sense many others claim...
we believe in the dead being bound to their graves awaiting judgement day...

Cool, I didn't know that. So I should take it that, along with the other respondents, you're inclined to believe that it is in fact another entity/entities, and that I should take action with that assumption, rather than, say, putting all the smoke alarms in the garage for a couple days to get the radiation down?

I like the idea of a motion sensitive camera as well, but I'm not in a position to make that investment right now. To cover the most likely areas, we'd need 4 cameras (due to the architecture), plus wiring them in and the storage media. Not to mention fiddling with them so the cats don't set them off.

new topics

top topics

join