It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gold is crashing.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Real gold or paper gold?

All I can assume is if that scenario plays out, fiat currency will show it's hand that it's only paper......Physical gold is the way to go. IMHO

What do I know, I bought physical at $1000.......

[edit on 10-9-2008 by Pinktip]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
OMG! Are you saying Alex Jones is lying!? Gold it's going to be 2000$ an oz?! How could such a thing be true!

I sold all mine when it got to 1050. I think it almost cracked 1100 didn't it? Can't be greedy

sty

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Gold will allways be the main way to preserve value. If now gets cheaper is because some people want a lot of it , so they want the most their money can buy.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
here is the question, how low will it go?
i missed the first gold rush and was debating buying a ton of it ($500k) a while back when it wa just under $1k.

so now that I saved a bunch how low should I let it drop before I pounce?? (and I will pounce this time
)

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The dollar is strengthening so it takes fewer dollars to buy an ounce of gold.

That's why the price per barrel of oil is only around $100.

It does give the appearance of a crash.

I was tempted to go all in for gold a little while ago. Boy am I glad that I didn't.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I have said this many times before. The value of our currency is directly tied to the confidence of the people in the govt who prints it.

Bush: 8% approval rating
house and senate: 12% approval rating
SCOTUS: 22% approval rating

So what does this mean? Its the coming election that is driving the price of gold down and the value of the dollar up.

Lets review: An election is coming. Regardless of who wins the economy and approval ratings of leadership will be above 50%. When we have 50% with confidence in the leadership instead of 8% the dollar will become more valuable again and the prices of property will go right on up.

One more time: Gold will return to its price before the real estate boom and real estate will pick right back up and spike up.

Here is a valuable warning. The new president will only help for the first year if they start screwing up and possibly two. If they do really well we are back on track and the economy recovers.

Remember, it is only paper and you have to place confidence in who prints it. If you do not handle cash and use electronic banking its not even money, it merely an accounting of your work credits against the global machine.....

Gold spikes again possibly two years from now.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
No-one has given an explanation as to why gold is going lower while the US dollar is rising?

Sure we could point at the drop in oil as a contributor to the dollar increase. But I believe it's the reverse...

What actually instigated the increase in the US Currency and what's lowering the gold and oil?

All three play a factor... my thoughts on where it started and why the markets are the way they are now.

Jul 10, 2008

The Bank of Israel will increase the rate of purchasing US currency to $100 million per day beginning Thursday, the bank announced.

The US dollar was being traded at NIS 3.22 on Thursday afternoon, a rise of one agora over the morning hours' NIS 3.21 exchange rate.

The bank noted that the plan to increase the US currency purchases was part of a plan to increase foreign currency reserves to $35-40 billion.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Source

Israel was going to buy I think 80mil starting next year. But changed their minds and decided to buy now.

Is this their way of paying the US to help them attack Iran? For another post/topic.

I believe Israel is buying US dollars with gold. This in turn will devalue gold as it is being depreciated due to being purchased with US currency.

With the US currency now being backed with legit gold, this in turn will strengthen the US dollar on Oil, in turn lowering the value of Oil.

The question is .. how long will Israel keep buying US currency and when will Iran be attacked. Two factors for you to look into so as to make investments which may increase ones bottom line.

Edited to include the date the article was written.. as it plays a major factor into how long Israel has been buying US currency to-date.. That's quite the buying power I would say...

[edit on 10-9-2008 by Willbert]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

so would you suggest buy maybe a week before the election and hold it for at least a year and a half?

and i am planning on buying actual gold and holding it in a safe.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

No advice, however if it was me I would buy one week before the Iran Action.

Oil & Gold can only go up then.

For small amounts up to 1kg suprisingly Ebay can be a good source if you use and play the other game in tandem, the exchange rate changes re country of purchase and delivery address the Dollar in your case, can more than take away the small risk of no delivery (Ebay guarantee but time and hassle), and cost of delivery. Infact if done right this alone due the amount of money being exchanged can over a term of such deals make as much or more than the gold rises!

Kind Regards,

Elf.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom
reply to post by Illahee

so would you suggest buy maybe a week before the election and hold it for at least a year and a half?

and i am planning on buying actual gold and holding it in a safe.

I would not buy gold at this time. The first window to look at is the two year period of the next president. If there is a complete leadership failure it will be at that time becoming obvious and a mild price spike would be the signal to buy and hold till a couple of months before the next election as the cycle we have just seen ends then sell. No one can say the peak but sell when you are close to double your money or a little less 'if you get a feeling.'

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Willbert

Gold is a conversion commodity used as solid investment. The dollar is rising due to all the ele3ction fluff.

People are becoming interested in their own country for the first time in 8 years, and they will place trust that they have withheld in the currency of the next govt.

Its just as important for both sides to tout change and rile up as many people as they can. If one or the other can win by 60% it would be a very good sign toward restored confidence. It looks neck and neck though so 50% is still a far cry from where we are.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Could it be that the gold price is falling because nobody has any money left to buy it, at an institutional level, thus breaking the back of demand?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The paper dealers are broke, have no product to match the gold they have already sold, they are inticing people to invest to cover their butts.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Perhaps I am missing something, but where is the conspiracy? It seems as though people believe that precious metal prices could never go down, when in reality that was propaganda pushed by companies like Kitco to get you to buy more.

The reason why its dropping seems rational - dollar is rallying, all evidence shows the US slowdown was actually a global slowdown (stopping flights away from US stocks), etc.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Could the Rothschilds have anything to do with this?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Gold and most World Commodities are priced in US Dollars that being the worlds agreed upon exchange medium. US Dollars are climbing in Value because of demand for dollars -- the world has inflated itself to a point to where they are having a hard time to grow much more so they have to find support and that is a ways down from here... its like we just came over the top of the second hill of a three hill roller coaster.... everything will behave wildly until everyone's books are solid ... once they are solid then they will start micro chipping us and treating us like cattle -- culling the herd at will..
Moooo ~

I'll look at the charts tonight tomarrow and he who U2U's me will get me prediction.... until sept 12th... after that -- I will just delete your request.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
the LHC is a huge experiment in hidden mass. hidden mass is the only reason the you cant turn lead into gold. there is a conspiracy for ya

also there is not enough gold in the world to support/back the money already printed and required for everyday commerce. So iam not sure if you can use paper to value the gold at all?

When you are hungry you can eat as much gold as you want but you will still starve so gold is worth what?

I beleive it went, copper then bronze then iron then steel maybe the golden age is now over and platinium or titanium or something new will reign.

or the value of gold has been manipulated for 10 years to steal the money of the middle class investor and now the time is right to reap the harvest.

or last but not least TPTB fear we will try to return to a gold and silver backed currency what a dissaster for the printing presses.

[edit on 10-9-2008 by lunchmanstan]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by lunchmanstan

I beleive it went, copper then bronze then iron then steel maybe the golden age is now over and platinium or titanium or something new will reign.

Gold and diamond. They are used heavily in modern technology. If it's going to be replaced with a new metal or gem, it would have to be one that is equally used.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Well I hope the gold goes past $944/oz mark. The buying time was pretty bad. But surely $944 an ounce later on won't look as high, as what is yet to come. But I'm sooo mad now to see what the price is at grrrrrrr... Oh well

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I am kind of worried, but then not.
Okay, right now, the value is down big, at 754.
I am afraid that the value will go further down to perhaps 650.
Thing is. If you bought physicals, you have not much to worry about, imho.
Eventually, the gold will rise. -When I don't now.

If You have bought 'gold-paper', You might get severly fa**ckd.
Several banks oversold themselves. Imagine when the customers go all together to the bank to be handed out non-existant physicals. -bad business, angry people.

If you have just enough to suffice, bouy just one ounce. that will be better than nothing.
Right now, and in the closest future, it will become worthless... ...then wait, it will bloom, and buy you a new house, clothes and food. AND give you someone to work for you!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join