It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama The Sexist: You Can Put Lipstick On A Pig

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Major Discrepancy
The Major is both amused, and saddened. Amused at the new level of hoop jumping and contortionist "apolognastics" the Obamanites have had to engage in. The Major has no choice but to question what a Harvard education actually imbues its recipient. Not much in the case of the Junior Senator from the easily duped state of Illinois.

The Major is perhaps the best writer on ATS.

Maybe be the best line since Palin's speech: "...the Junior Senator from the easily duped state of Illinois."

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
As already said and stated, Obama was talking about McCain's "Change" plan. McCain specifically attacked a woman. McCain also voted against Equal Pay for Equal work. So who's the sexist here?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krieger
As already said and stated, Obama was talking about McCain's "Change" plan. McCain specifically attacked a woman. McCain also voted against Equal Pay for Equal work. So who's the sexist here?

Obama is the sexist pig. Can you imagin what he calls his wife and daughters behind closed doors? This is clearly a line in the sand for the women in this country.

I expect Hillary to comment on this one... I expect the media to go after Obama just like they would go after McCain if he said Obama was chucking spears at Palin. I wont hold my breath though...

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by northof8

HE WAS ATTACKING MCCAIN'S "CHANGE" PLAN! You can clearly see it in the video! He talks about McCain's "change" plan, attacks it, says the line, and continues to go after then"change" plan

McCain told ALL WOMEN they are less then men. He told them they don't deserve to be paid the same. McCain SAID CLEARLY that a woman doesn't deserve to make as much money as a man when he voted against equal pay for equal work.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   

"Spear chucker" is a racial epithet. "Lipstick on a pig" is not an inherently racist or sexist remark. It's only being called such here because of the supposed linking to Palin's joke during the convention speech.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
It's very hard to take this as a "sexist" remark. I'm sure the Palin supporters will take this opportunity to play it off as so. Which is sad.

If you find this sexist, you're probably an Obama-hater.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The only one who really knows if it was a dig or a just poor choice of expressions is Obama.

I can see arguments for both sides to be honest.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by nataylor

"Spear chucker" is a racial epithet. "Lipstick on a pig" is not an inherently racist or sexist remark. It's only being called such here because of the supposed linking to Palin's joke during the convention speech.

Lipstick on a pig is not an inherently racist or sexist remark... I agree with that but... In the context of Palins remarks and Obamas play on those remarks I would say this is a highly sexist remark and its not a stretch to make the connection. If you can't see that then I don't know what to say.

Now here is a stretch but a very chilling telling of who Obama really is in my opinion. Obama made a slip up of his true faith on ABC News the other night. He said he had Muslim Faith. Nothing wrong witht hat but... Muslims think Pigs are filthy, no good and have no place on this planet. Obama called Palin a pig. Palin is white. Obama hates white women and thinks they are pigs. Obama is a racist sexist.

At the very least he played the gender card and the white women in this country won't stand for it.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
BUT HE WASN'T TALKING ABOUT PALIN! Watch the video. He is talking about McCain, and only McCain!

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Krieger

I think you made your point. Repeating it a hundred times wont make it any truer.

Is this the end of the world? No.

Does Obama likely wish he hadn't gone there? You betcha.

My $0.02.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Here`s another sample of opinions to obama`s pig statement. Seems to me most Americans are completely outraged, especially women.
Scroll down from the story in the link to read readers comments.
blogs.abcnews.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

BUT HE WASN'T TALKING ABOUT PALIN! Watch the video. He is talking about McCain, and only McCain!

Spin it anyway you want. In the context of what Palin said and what he said he was talking about Palin.

He slipped up the other night and admited he has "Muslim Faith" then makes a reference to a white woman running for VP being a pig. His true colors are coming through. He hates pigs, white women and he is a muslim... Crash and burn...

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by northof8
Lipstick on a pig is not an inherently racist or sexist remark... I agree with that but... In the context of Palins remarks and Obamas play on those remarks I would say this is a highly sexist remark and its not a stretch to make the connection. If you can't see that then I don't know what to say.

Now here is a stretch but a very chilling telling of who Obama really is in my opinion. Obama made a slip up of his true faith on ABC News the other night. He said he had Muslim Faith. Nothing wrong witht hat but... Muslims think Pigs are filthy, no good and have no place on this planet. Obama called Palin a pig. Palin is white. Obama hates white women and thinks they are pigs. Obama is a racist sexist.
Did you actually watch the video I posted above, where his remarks are put in context? Did you watch the Stephanapolis interview, where his "muslim faith" comments were in context? It's pretty clear if you watch those videos what he's actually talking about. That people can take things so wildly out of context is disturbing to me. I makes me wonder if people who do take such things out of context can carry on day-to-day conversations with people, because it seems they would constantly be thinking people are saying one thing, when in fact they said a completely different thing.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

And yet you and the others are still screaming that Obama is a sexist and was attacking Palin.

And no, Obama doesn't wish he hadn't said it. He wasn't attacking Palin but McCain's BS.

So I'll repeat it as much as I want.

OBAMA WAS ATTACKING MCCAIN'S BS "CHANGE" PLAN NOT PALIN!

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by nataylor

Did you actually watch the video I posted above, where his remarks are put in context? Did you watch the Stephanapolis interview, where his "muslim faith" comments were in context? It's pretty clear if you watch those videos what he's actually talking about. That people can take things so wildly out of context is disturbing to me. I makes me wonder if people who do take such things out of context can carry on day-to-day conversations with people, because it seems they would constantly be thinking people are saying one thing, when in fact they said a completely different thing.

Too bad you feel this way. Obama is the one saying these things and I would bet he takes a fairly big hit in the polls because of this latest gaff and I am happy he did show his true colors here and about his faith the other day.

I also suspect that if the tables were turned the same people here that defend this sexist remark would be all over it.

I don't think we are taking these things widly out of context. From your perspective as an Obama supporter I can see your point of view. You are doing damage control.

Here is the bottom line... This is a pattern that has been emerging from the left. They are all about the politics of personal destruction and Obama is the leader, he is a sexist and played a whole deck of gender cards in one sound bite.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I don't think we are taking these things widly out of context. From your perspective as an Obama supporter I can see your point of view. You are doing damage control.
Thanks for not answering my question. I take it you didn't actually watch the video. And don't call me an Obama supporter. I'm not. I hate the guy's policies. But that's the difference between myself and, it would seem, many of the people here. I care about policies, not silly little false outrages like this that do nothing but drag the whole political system down. Debates the ideas, debate the policies. Don't make stupid false claims about any of the candidates. It's ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Krieger

Yes, he was attacking McCain's plan. But do you honestly believe he didn't think it was a cute play on a phase his opponent had just used to great success in a speech days before?

The audience seemed pretty hip in mid-sentence with where he was going.

...and the comments about her five children are just down right bizarre.

In the interest of fairness, here are more of the statements that precede Obama's lipstick comment.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

reply to post by loam

And yet you and the others are still screaming that Obama is a sexist and was attacking Palin.

And no, Obama doesn't wish he hadn't said it. He wasn't attacking Palin but McCain's BS.

So I'll repeat it as much as I want.

OBAMA WAS ATTACKING MCCAIN'S BS "CHANGE" PLAN NOT PALIN!

Obama has lost his mind if he thinks he can use that excuse. He was calling Palin a pig. You can't explain it any other way. Palin made a reference to lipstick in the biggest speech of her life and Obama mocks that by comparing her to a pig with the same line? Come on man... Just admit it... He screwed the pooch on this one.

It is amazing that on one night he says he is a muslim and the next he makes a reference to the one thing muslims fear most and thats pigs... Crazy stuff if you ask me...

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by nataylor

You don't say? Like focusing on McCain's vote against all women in AMerica? Like focusing on McCain's policy that women are less then men? Like focusing on McCain's belief that a woman is less then a man?

But Obama attacked McCain's BS Plan! Sexist! Obama hates men!

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by northof8he is a sexist and played a whole deck of gender cards in one sound bite.
And you apparently don't understand what the phrase "playing the gender card" means. It means "the act of bringing the issue of gender or sexism into a debate, to obfuscate the matter." So it is, in fact, the people "outraged" by this that are playing the gender card. Your poor command of idiomatic phrases might explain why you think this is a sexist remark in the first place.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join