It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama The Sexist: You Can Put Lipstick On A Pig

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SectionEight

Who cares what the crowd did? He scratched his face and that's all you can say about it. You have no proof whatsoever that he was flipping her the bird.

He didn't even drop his other fingers at all anyway, he just used the middle finger to scratch...

You're posts in the politics forum should come with the disclaimer: "This person will believe anything as long as it promotes his agenda".

[edit on 10-9-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
reply to post by northof8

Funny you say that, because I can't find any mention of Palin in the entire clip. Do you mind providing any proof that he was? Again, the only reason you people are tying this together is because of the word "lipstick".

It's ridiculous.

"You people"? What is that supposed to mean? It was his audience that tied it together not us. The audience knew what he was talking about but you don't? That's fine if you don't mind Obama running against Palin. I know I sure don't... Obama doesn't have a clue and that's why he thinks he has found an easy target in Palin.

Palin has really gotten into his head for some reason. His solution to win the election is to spew innuendo and call an American woman a pig but he will sit down and make nice with a terrorist? If this wasn't so absurd it would be laughable...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Fine, you keep on truckin. I have said my piece.

We see things differently and I will agree to disagree.

This thread has run it's course for me.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

You people: as in you people on this forum who keep taking a statement out of context.

Write down what he said on a piece of paper and tell me how it relates to Palin in any way shape or form other than the word "lipstick".

That's the only similarity and he wasn't even talking about Palin at the time, he was talking about policy (something you people should focus on more often).

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Who cares what the crowd did

You should care. It reflects your party and reflects on how people perceive Obama.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Who cares what the crowd did? He scratched his face and that's all you can say about it. You have no proof whatsoever that he was flipping her the bird.

He didn't even drop his other fingers at all anyway, he just used the middle finger to scratch...

You're posts in the politics forum should come with the disclaimer: "This person will believe anything as long as it promotes his agenda".

Do you think that's appropiate language and usage for some one who graduated from a Ivy league school who wants to be President, whether or not he was talking about a particular person?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mabus325

Appropriate language? Saying a well known phrase that Dick Chaney used 4 years ago?

Look, if you want to say Obama is sexist, I am sure you can dig up some comments he has said in the past that aren't taken completely out of context of the speech.

That's still stupid, but at least it's fair.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

You people: as in you people on this forum who keep taking a statement out of context.

Write down what he said on a piece of paper and tell me how it relates to Palin in any way shape or form other than the word "lipstick".

That's the only similarity and he wasn't even talking about Palin at the time, he was talking about policy (something you people should focus on more often).

He was talking about Palin and you know it. You are just taking the literal to the extreme. No he did not say Palin but the audience knew who he was talking about.

Why that kind of reaction from the crowd? Why did they react that way after he made the pig reference to Palin?

Why is he so afraid of her? Why is he running against her and not McCain?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
You should care. It reflects your party and reflects on how people perceive Obama.

We are all grown adults. Even if the crowd did mistake his face scratch as the bird, who cares?

I have video of Bush shooting the bird blatantly at the camera. Not even I would say that deems him unfit to be the President.

This isn't the high school class president election. Let's talk about adult topics.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

If you don't realize there are subtleties to public speaking that make it a highly skilled profession, then I can excuse your lack of understanding.

He is a highly trained speaker, he does not scratch his face with his middle finger, or pick his nose or scratch his asscrack. Every movement, every profile he shows to the camera, every calling of emotion to his voice is trained through practice. Just like in a football game the coach likes to scrpt his main plays and fit them into the ballgame, a public speaker scripts his chosen message and delivery.

The tactics he employs are nothing new, he is just very very good at them when it comes time to perform them live. With all the cameras though and two years of stumping, his trick plays are easy to spot.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I just responding to who cares what the crowd did. Not the rest of the stuff. Read what I wrote on page 14 about this issue.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

So because he said lipstick and the crowd cheered, he was talking about Palin?

Again, I'll ask you like I asked a previous poster:

If it is such an obvious jab, why didn't he come right out with it? Why not say, "You know Palin won't change anything, you can put lipstick on a pig..."

If he really wanted to take a jab at Palin, and he didn't care if he got caught (since according to you it was an obvious jab), then why not just take a jab at Palin?

I have no idea why the crowd laughed. I wasn't there. I didn't experience the atmosphere the crowd was in. Sometimes crowds laugh and cheer at comments that others wouldn't because they are caught up in the hype (ie. see stand up comedians that bomb and comedians that kill).

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Hmm... Last time I wore lipstick I still squeeled.
Yeah, I think it's pretty obvious that this is just a not so well thought out thing he said, he must have deverted his eyes from the teleprompter for a moment lol.
It's either a saying that has nothing to do with Palin, a refernce to Palin, or another one of those little bits to keep the media hipe going.
If it's the later, then all I got to say is I aplaude you Obama and crew, you did a good job on that one. I don't doupt that the right wing media and left wing media will be putting on a good fighting show for us and we will be fighting as well, remember foilks, R&D are two sides of the same coin, they were created to keep the people devided, to keep us fighting with each other, it's liek a football game where people become violent towards the opposers, people get a mod mentality, a us vs. them mentality, all it does is devides "We the People" even more, it's a great tactic the NWO uses agianst us, something to destract us away from the big picture, the greater scheme of things. Something that shifts our focus away from the things that really matter.

-Jimmy

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight
If you don't realize there are subtleties to public speaking that make it a highly skilled profession, then I can excuse your lack of understanding.

Pardon my lack of knowledge. I suppose after having 8 years of a man who couldn't read a 30 second pre-scripted speech without making a mental faux pas, I can be pretty forgiving to anyone else.

I know some pretty good speakers. I am a pretty damn good speaker myself, but any person who has done extensive public speaking will tell you that the nerves never go away. Not everything is done to perfection, and not everything is done on purpose.

Saying that a man scratching his face is preplanned is preposterous.

link   
Love the way this is post front and center on ATS.
This was not a shot at Gov. Palin it was directed at the way the NeoCons are trying to say that they will be agents of change.
Unfortunately the American people have been so dumbed down that many will believe the lies of the Republican campaign machine.

Shame on you ATS for allowing this post to be front and center on you site.

link   

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Why do we keep falling for the political bait that distracts us from the main issues ? The Tactic to use women to do your dirty work in politics is as old as dirt. (If you ever argued with your wife or girlfriend and remember the outcome you understand my point) I know see why the new thing to do is "Dumb Down" everything. Its funny I read some of these posts and it sounds like its taking off the mainstream news verbatim. Are we really that easy to be programmed ?I really wish we had more debates amongst the candidates and less jab throwing. Here is a article that hopefully starts your research (if you don't know about reading people)

www.livescience.com...

But trust me when I say EVERYONE has tell tale signs that will allow you to pick them apart you just have to pay close attention. ...But as the article says plz "Make up your own mind"

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

It's all in the timing and generating the desired crowd response while retaining denial. He is very masterful at it but has rellied on it a few too many times. He stepped over the line with this last one, if you really are a paid public speaker you would know this.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Depends on who your target audience is ..........

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join