It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does MAD. even exist any more ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
With the news of the day from Iran to Georgia many people are lead to believe that the US is hell bent on starting a world war , there by resulting in the use of nuclear weapons .
As some one that remembers the cold war and the threat of MAD , mutually assured destruction , being the only thing preventing the cold war from going hot , I just cant understand why any government would actively seek a war with another country where there is any possibility of that war becoming nuclear .
Unless one of those country is 1. run by some mad man or 2 The one country has some super high tech weapon that can render the other countries armed forces useless , and I am sorry but I don't see the current missile defense system up to said task , but what do I know .

I realize this post asks you to assume that the US is in some way provoking a world war , if you disagree I respect your opinion but having said that there are a large number of people that do believe that the US is in deed trying to start a war . It is those people I would like to hear from and how and why they think any country would provoke a war where nuclear weapons could be used ?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

The talk of war is mostly fearmongering IMO. I think they realize that it's more frightening to propose that we may have a long, drawn out, guerilla style WWIII with lots of personal suffering instead of one that is over as quick as two men in uniform can push their buttoms.

join