It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hidden bible code in genealogy?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by pureevil81
reply to post by OmegaLogos

OH dear, seems I'm in trouble.

Actually, I think that it was very clever. We need topics like this to exercise our little gray cells!!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by pureevil81

Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

Explanation: pureevil81 you are not in trouble and have done nothing wrong in my eyes at all. I was just pointing out that scripturally this has no foundation but esoterically and mystically it has great foundation and merit. Also I am in no position to judge you personally or your actions regardless of the fact that I am in a position to assess the validity of what you are posting (as you are with my posts) and I'm sorry if I gave that impression and If I did give it I retract it immediately and unreservedly as this was not my conscious intent. I should of starred and flagged earlier to show that I do support the OP and yourself for you bringing to light this brilliant insightful gem. That which is pointed out in the OP is of no worth if you are a scripture nazi but if you study kabalah,dee,crowley ect it just might be a very valuable tool. I wonder if the algorythym holds true for the genealogy of Jesus in the NT?, and if it does then what gnosis does this mystical message impart? My ancient greek to neo-modern textglish is pretty poor so pls watch any post of mine with such translations like a hawk because I'm sure to unknowingly and unintentionally promote some kind of ignorance which I apologize for in advance.

Just returning to the subject of the Topic i.e. hidden gnosis in names and sets
of preordered by decent names, I recently did such a study on my own name
(Peregrine *obscured for privacy and security reasons) and incorporated both western astrology and eastern astrology using my birthday (3rd sept 1972 6am Virgo and yang water rat + various other astrological subgroupings according to eastern or western style of POV. Basically my name breaks down into son of the miller (aka the Rock or millstone) who moves through the fields grinding grain (aka farming and milling). The secret book of Birthdays
says that my birthday is the day of the mold breaker and my symbol is the mortar and pestle (a hand held and powered mill!). Then I am a virgo whose symbol is sheaves of grain bearing hay of course which is the favourite food of my Chinese astrological symbol i.e. the rat and mercury is an extremely important planet for both these signs. Personally I have always had an affinity for the messenger of the gods who just happens to be God of the GRAIN trade!!!
There is a plethora of other tie ins that are extremely accurate or more than just coincidental for example my g/f is a cloud horse symbol and I'm a mountain river rat and I ask you how else would a rat meet and be able to go out with a sexy cloud horse unless he resided on a mountain by a waterfall surrounded by misty clouds, Spiritually speaking that is! LOL
The grain of today is information and data and I'm unashamedly quite proud of my abilities to grind arguments down to their bare constituents and run them down to the Nth degree as any good intellectual millwright miller and mill should be competent at even if they only wear sackcloths after all I am my namesake literally in more ways than I ever imagined. So yes names do have mystical powers and meanings and I encourage you to investigate your own names mystical components and maybe do a brief genealogical tracing of your own family tree and see what might be there.

Personal Disclosure: I fully second MatrixProphet in what she says concerning, and I quote, "Actually, I think that it was very clever. We need topics like this to exercise our little gray cells!! ".

Edited because I completely forgot my disclaimer.
me total
hmmm can a clown dance .....lets see...

[edit on 14-1-2009 by OmegaLogos]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

No worries, I did not intend to come off as if taking offence myself, my apolagies.

I wonder if the algorythym holds true for the genealogy of Jesus in the NT?

This was intention for starting this thread. I haven't had time to find out yet. When I do I will post results whether good or bad, like I said this isn't necassarily a bible code in the true sense of the word, but could it be a message hidden behind a message? What good is the genealogy of the bible, if not for a hidden message?

There are also other genealogies that I haven't had time to go over yet, so far in this thread there are two genealogies that have been broken down into messages, if nothing else it is worthy to at least look at with open mind. IMO.

I sense good humor from you, if not intentional I apolagize, I appreciate all contributions from you, and hope I have not discouraged you.

Now, here is a banana trying to teach a clown to dance.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

When I do I will post results whether good or bad, like I said this isn't necassarily a bible code in the true sense of the word, but could it be a message hidden behind a message? What good is the genealogy of the bible, if not for a hidden message?

Oh my goodness, you guys are funny!

I want to tell you that I have never looked at genealogy of the Bible in this perspective! Mystery novels always have clues like this! But again, we often don't see the naked man in the room because we aren't looking for him!

Cudos to you!

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MatrixProphet

You are right, I'm not looking for any naked men in the room!

It is easy to look over things like this, how many people actually pay attention to genealogy.

Thank you MP, later!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Interesting find, I'm going to look into it some more myself. Thanks for posting it.

There are many different kinds of codes in the Bible. There are also many puns, symbols and word plays that require a knowledge of the original language. It has been pointed out that it is a collection of 66 different books by over 40 different authors - so quite to the contrary of the poster who protested "there can't be codes" - it is a testament ot the divine inspiration of thew holy Spirit that the collection of books has a unified message and detailed evidence of highly intentional design.

Also discovering deeper levels of meaning is not adding to message, as another poster claimed, for nothing is added only discovered from what is already there. Because the scripture is authored by extraterrestrial super intelligence which exists outside of our time domain - it is wholly consistent that we are still discovering elements of the text.

In addition it is Biblical to search for them as well:

It is the glory of God to conceal a matter;
to search out a matter is the glory of kings.

(pro 25:2)

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

Thank you for the response, Bigwhammy.

I was hoping you would chime in, I look forward to seeing what you can find.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Yes, I agree with Bigwhammy. Yes! It's true!

I flagged this OP because I forgot to earlier! I think this is one that many will come in and out of.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

Explanation: hmmmm Bigwhammy your post has holes all through it. If you are using it as a boat to keep you afloat you may just start to take on some ignorance denying information such as this ...You state and I quote "It has been pointed out that it is a collection of 66 different books by over 40 different authors - so quite to the contrary of the poster who protested "there can't be codes" - it is a testament ot the divine inspiration of thew holy Spirit that the collection of books has a unified message and detailed evidence of highly intentional design."...Well 1stly whilst it is Common knowledge that the "Bible" is a collection of 66 different books by over 40 different authors...it is on the other hand quite UNCommon knowledge as to what it itself has to say on the matter... for instance I use only itself to debunk all authors and books from Joshua onwards as being true Canon i.e Word of YHVH HERE!(which leaves just Moses and the Torah as "supposedly" Authentic, but lets take that as an A PRIORI pure given.OK) [basically DON'T EVER add to YHVH's Commandments via Deut 4:2 Deut 12:32. And what are some of these commandments...hmmm? let me see now....how about:-
Deut 18:9-13 (shown below)
Deu 18:9 When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.
Deu 18:10 There shall not be found among you [any one] that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, [or] that useth divination, [or] an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,
Deu 18:11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
Deu 18:12 For all that do these things [are] an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.
Deu 18:13 Thou shalt be perfect with the LORD thy God.

So wheres that put your statement and again I quote "In addition it is Biblical to search for them as well:

It is the glory of God to conceal a matter;
to search out a matter is the glory of kings.

(pro 25:2)"?
as that clearly goes against scripture and wasn't Solomon a wizard and a consulter with familiar spirits etc? Solomon, I shall fear him not!]

Furthermore I would like to point out more scriptures from the Torah to make this point of what it says about itself (or if you prefer...what YHVH has to say about it through Moses!) concerning the issue of taking the LAW at FACE VALUE. Deut 30:11-14. Specifically Deut 30:11 which I quote directly from the KJV with Bold as MY emphasis ..."Deu 30:11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it [is] not hidden from thee, neither [is] it far off." and here is a scripture (Deut 6:1-25) from the Torah (or The LAW) that explains the purpose of the LAW (of love vrs 5) and how it should be taught (vrs's 20-25) and there is nothing on finding any hidden codes etc....So where does that leave your statement and I quote "Also discovering deeper levels of meaning is not adding to message, as another poster claimed, for nothing is added only discovered from what is already there."?
...There isn't any thing hidden deep in the text that's SCRIPTURALLY valid at all because that would be The Forer Effect in Full Effect!

Finally you state without references and I quote "Because the scripture is authored by extraterrestrial super intelligence which exists outside of our time domain - it is wholly consistent that we are still discovering elements of the text." and I would like to direct you to my Post in another thread which, although it uses scripture from books and authors I have already debunked as being valid, those scriptures are nearly always used to define YHVH's Global powers etc. I'm just wondering if you could show me in any of those scriptures (or any other scriptures you can provide) where YHVH exists outside time?
Even in Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.....YHVH wasn't OUTSIDE or BEFORE or GREATER THAN the beginning...he was what...hmmm lets see now...he was IN the beginning (which being from the Torah agrees with my POV that the NON Canon scriptures referring to YHVH's OMNI states of being are a furphy as well!!!)

Personal Disclosure: Once Again I am NOT Claiming that there ISN'T any hidden codes or messages in the bible as there is and I think that the OP showed that quite conclusively, but this is mystical and esoteric in nature and
NOT, I repeat NOT valid scripture and its no use denying it! Unless you care to provide scriptural proofs for your arguments from the Torah and then I might just start agreeing with you.

<< 1   >>

join