It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Registering to Vote from Abroad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I have registered to Vote from Abroad about a month and a half ago. However, I am a bit worried about receiving my Absentee Ballot in time of the election and even more worried that my vote will not be counted (I am registered in FL)

Has anyone else here registered from abroad? Have you received your Ballot yet? Have you had any contact from your vote registration office when asking questions about this?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I'm actually looking at my 'Application for Absentee Voting' right now, and I'm in Sydney. For the primaries, I first was mailed this, ticked a relevant box, and mailed it back. Then before the primary election I was sent the actual ballot, voted, & then sent it back.

Now with the real election I'm having to do the same thing. Last week I received the application, which I'm mailing back today. Last time I was sent the paperwork with plenty of time to spare, so I'm assuming the same will happen this time.

Considering the last time i voted for Ron Paul, someone might accidentally delay the posting of my ballot - who know's...

Anyway, I initiated the absantee process on my last visit to the states in December of last year - I went to the courthouse and spoke to the people directly, gave them my address and all relevant info. If I had done everything by mail, I probably wouldn't be as confident though.

new topics

join