It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now THIS is an anomaly

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
For the last ten years in my free time, I would study satellite photos and looking anomalies on Mars and our moon.

Many years ago, maybe around 2002, I emailed Richard Hoagland's staff one of the more interesting Mars Global Surveyor photos- "the big water plume wave in the air" anomaly-"very impressive" they replied.

Just this past month, I began looking over some older photos of our moon. After hours of painstakingly adjusting the pixel contrast, this lunar "city" came into view. Nothing was added nor taken away. You can decide for yourself what it is, but one thing is for sure - it's not natural.

Lunar City

So when I was done I said to my wife "Aren't those craters beautiful?";-)

I'm working on another one that will blow your mind! I really lucked out with this one. I'll post it when I'm done.

Feedback is welcome!

Mike

[edit on 9-9-2008 by amateurradio.tv]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by amateurradio.tv

How about a link to the original image.

Standard operating procedure here.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
My eyes! Now I know what it's like to have cataracts!

And why does it take your threads five times as long to open than all the others? With or without graphics.

[edit on 9-9-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
excellent find A.Radio! Do you have a notion of the scale of this ..... this..... whatever it is?? It DOES look like a repeating pattern.... almost fractal-like. Keep up the good work; looking forward to your next offering

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Looks like Midgar from FFVII... Anyways, interesting find. By any chance, do you have an idea of the size? From the looks of it, it's pretty huge.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

source photo is www.lpi.usra.edu...

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Thanks for your input: the I don't know how to interpret satellite photos to figure out the scale - any help is appreciated
The source photo is www.lpi.usra.edu...

Thanks Mike

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Thanks for your input: the I don't know how to interpret satellite photos to figure out the scale - any help is appreciated

Thanks Mike

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MrGrieves

Thanks for your input: the I don't know how to interpret satellite photos to figure out the scale - any help is appreciated. By the way what is Midgar from FFVII?

Thanks Mike

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by amateurradio.tv
reply to post by Phage

source photo is www.lpi.usra.edu...

Cool stuff there. I do see some evidence in the originals of jpg artifacting and scanning artifacts. I couldn't find your crater (there are a lot of 'em
) so I couldn't duplicate your efforts.

This reproduction of one of the images does show some obvious photographic/scan weirdness. Lunar ghosts in a circle?

HiRes version

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
looks like six flags.

but seriously this is the part that makes me move on to the next thread:
"painstakingly adjusting the pixel contrast"

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

why does that bother you? I used adobe photoshop 6 and hours and hours of work.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I agree with the artifacting, but the reason why I was so excited to do this one was that it was a 3.5 MB photo - not a typical photo that runs about 1MB.

The location of it is you you take the photo and scale it the same size of a 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper (portrait mode of course) the city is about 5 inches high on the right hand side then 3 inches to your left and is about the size of a quarter!

Then you have to darken it with a good 70 pixel wide burn circle with only a 8% strength. The two other adjustments (below the top 8% slide rule) should be all the way to the left. And then the city slowly appears.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
That very tall tower is very interesting. I just called my 17 year old, and he was very impressed. Really good find and great work. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Interesting picture and it will be nice to find out if there are still more of this location. One picture looks like a rocket pad. The other?

img512.imageshack.us...

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by amateurradio.tv
Lunar City

So when I was done I said to my wife "Aren't those craters beautiful?";-)

Mike

[edit on 9-9-2008 by amateurradio.tv]

NOW I understand what you mean about the craters! If the craters still look good then the rest should/could be real. Can't wait to see what else you have.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by amateurradio.tv

Amazing pic, amateurradio!!
There are a surprising number of anomalies in that NASA image. But alas, I couldn't find where your 'city' on that image is!!

Here's a couple of anomalies in that image. Notice especially that 'monolith' on the left marked by the yellow arrow...

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

This reproduction of one of the images does show some obvious photographic/scan weirdness. Lunar ghosts in a circle?

HiRes version

Right! That is pretty weird, unless it's a photographic glitch! Here's the zoom...

I think it is!

Cheers!

[edit on 10-9-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Thanks for your reply, I recently found out that NASA "lost" the negative but someone had a printed photo and scanned it. Ignore the white thing -I think its a scratch or mark on the the photogragh surface. The city is to the right of that white thing (just off the photo you enlarged)

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Remember! The photo is upside down! You have to flip it so the sky in on top. Then you look at the white junk marking in the photo andt he city is just to the right and above it. I save my work at different stages and I just dug some of them up and it will show you how I found the city. Watch out debunkers- you won't have a leg to stand on

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join