It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodbye all, LHC going live tomorrow

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
O.K. This is it.
I have avoided this thread like it was infected with the plague. Now here I am, watching this hurricane on t.v. and reading about the end of the world. Two words, "THIS SUCKS."

It sounds like they are going to slam two things together at the speed of light and get some either begining of the world or end of the world results for no other reason than curiosity.

I saw that machine on the news earlier and it looked extremely expensive, so for their sakes, I hope SOMETHING happens.

I have faith that they will be able to keep their little black hole contained, since they are able to contain nuclear energy so easily, but incase they don't know what they are doing, and this thing goes all Trenoble on us, I would like to take this oppertunity to say, "BYE."

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Whenever I hear of the LHC I always ALWAYS think of Ghostbusters....... And their equipment..... You know when Egon tells the crew to NEVER CROSS THE STREAMS...

Dr. Peter Venkman: This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
Mayor: What do you mean, "biblical"?
Dr Ray Stantz: What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath of God type stuff.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Exactly.
Dr Ray Stantz: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!
Dr. Egon Spengler: Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...
Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave!
Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

LOL

If the dead start rising from the graves...... Ive got my zombie plan.
Do you?

www.iphonesavior.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
The funny thing about all of this end of the world hype on the LHC is that is comes from a single thread of a proposed theory of what they might find. These strange particles they theorize are pure mathematical model fantasy at this point and are based on an atomic model that many question as far as being valid.

The LHC will most likely disprove this particular atomic model and the corresponding strange matter particles predicted. The acceleration of the particles will cause the protons to gain a lot of energy over their rest state so when they collide they will have an energy greater than is found in nature except for perhaps at the theoretical big bang. It just seems silly to speculate on the end of the world being caused by acceleration and collision of a microscopic amount of matter really. The entire planet or local group destroyed by hairless apes with a microscopic bit of high energy but otherwise normal protons.

Give it a rest.
If you need something to worry about worry about the bees dying off, or other canary in the coal mine warnings that are happening every day.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I just have one question.

Why is it that no government or scientific leader or human rights advocates have not stepped in and intervened and told these insane scientists that NO they will not be allowed to pursure this any further?

Where is the voice of reason?

From what I understand these scientists are "pretty sure" that they wont open up a black hole and unleash hell upon the world.

I dont know about anyone else, but for me "pretty sure" just doesnt cut it. We are screwing around with the divine nuts and bolts of the universe and dabbling our curious little fingers where man has no business being.

So please, anyone, why isnt someone putting the brakes on this whole CERN insanity? If you threaten your next door neighbor you go to prison, so what happens if you threaten the entire world?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Its not running its full cycle until later next month.
They are just starting it up and getting it ready.
The collisions wont occur until October some time.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
As of this post the world will end in 39 minutes.
That is all.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Just a wee little amount of $6,000,000,000. Euro too.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Arrrrghhh, run for the hills... get into your escape pods!

The Borg have invaded.

No, no... wait. Not the Borg.

Arrrrgghh, run for the hills, grab your torch and pitch fork!

There are Gremlins on the loose!

No, no... wait... we got it wrong.

I wish that all of this nonsense would stop. If we are going to die, so be it. Although, I have a feeling that the death of humanity will have nothing to do with the LHC, and a lot more to do with an almighty coronal mass ejection from the sun in about 2,000 million years! Either that, or a twenty mile wide asteroid in about 17 years time.

Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later. I am so sick and tired of hearing people whine and complain.

What ever happened to the adage of living ones life in the moment?!?

I supose we have all become a bunch of whinging, complaining, 'no hopers' with nothing better to do than spin tales of doom and gloom.

Shame really, because we used to have such potential...

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Anderi

Yeah...leave it to stupid humans to blow the entire world up to keep from losing money.

Nice unibrow, BTW

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   

I want to know why The Catholic Church has not stepped in and stopped it.
Isn't one of the reasons they are doing this is to prove the "Big Bang" theory?

If they succeed, wont that make a mockery of the catholic religion?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

The man speaks the truth!
A strange coincidence

www.exodus2006.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

I saw a midget riding a tricycle this morning on my way to 7/11. Im pretty sure that is one of the seven signs of the apocalaypse. Better prepare for the rapture.

I believe it's in the bible somewhere if Im not mistaken

Oh and, watch out for them Gremlins.....nasty little buggers they are..... especially when they been drinking.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by just_julie

Why should the Catholic religion be worried? Aren't they supposed to take their religion on faith?

Besides, being a scholar of the major religions, I happen to know that there is a wonderful verse in the Bible that talks about the earth being a sphere that orbits about the sun, held in place by the 'hand of God'. What better way is there of describing Gravity and the Solar System to a 'less technologically advanced civilisation than that?

One could argue that it is a description carried over from a lost but highly advanced civilisation that came before. One could also argue that it was simply provided for by the writter of that particular scripture...

It's all about your beliefs, or knowledge...

I doubt that the Catholic church will get upset about the LHC. They have too many other things to worry about, such as paedophiles and homosexuals in the clergy.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   

A midget on a trike huh?

I do believe that is the sixth of the seven signs of the 'pocky clips'!

In which case I have just burned my priceless collection of original Shakespeare manuscripts. Eaten the 4,000 year old jar of egyptian honey, and finished the Napolean brandy owned by the short lad himself...

So, in the morning I am going to feel ill and 'stoopid' or will have died as the final sign of the 'pocky clips' is that we will all get a wart on our big toe and then we will all die like lemmings. Not sure how, we all die, but it says here in my 'idiots guide to the end of the world' that we do... so it must be right.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
So I'll be waiting for all the threads on how the world didn't end

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by president

So, pretend I'm stupid and explain to me what "trenoble" is

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Attention. Approximately 4 minutes ago the world ended. Some of you may be experiencing a lingering impression of life due to the time dilllation effects of of a black holes gravity upon space-time. Ignore these residual self beliefs. You and the world are now dead. This has been the voice of the apocalypse, welcoming you to the end of the world.

[edit on 9/10/2008 by Shazam The Unbowed]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I don't understand why there is fear of a black hole being created. Black holes have already been created on Earth (Popular Science last year) in a machine, but they are so small that they zip out of black hole state nearly instantly. Black holes are just a great deal of mass, so is it even possible for particles with little mass to create black holes big enough to effect anything in human everyday life?
Has no one else had worries of Shub-Niggurath coming out and unleashing grunts and orges upon us? (Quake)
Prepare for bunnyhopping!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shazam The Unbowed
Attention. Approximately 4 minutes ago the world ended. Soem fo you may be experiencing lingering impression of life due to the dilllation effects of of a black holes gravity upon space-time. Ignore these residual self beliefs. You and the world are now dead. This has been the voice of the apocalypse, welcoming you to the end of the world.

How nice of you!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
SIGH

Now we have to wait til 2012 to see if the world ends then

Unless some other date comes up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join