It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uncle Sam: $407 billion in the hole

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Uncle Sam: $407 billion in the hole

money.cnn.com

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The budget deficit will jump by $246 billion to $407 billion this year, the Congressional Budget Office estimates in a report released Tuesday.

"Over the long run, growing budget deficits and the resulting increases in federal debt would lead to slower economic growth," the agency said.

The budget deficit shot up 153% from last year's shortfall of $161 billion. The government's fiscal year ends Sept. 30. The agency attributes the jump to "a substantial increase in sp
That drop in revenue is driven in part by an estimated 15% decline in corporate tax receipts. They fell as a result of lower corporate profits and tax rules governing how businesses depreciate their investments this year. A second factor is the rebates provided to tax filers from the economic stimulus law Congress passed earlier this year.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I just saw this on cnn and wanted to share this to all. I also did read a while back that on sep,30th,2008 that the US dollar will be worth nothing.

There was a post on ats that claimed that sep,30th there is a audit that will show how big this hole is so this article is not the offical thing I have heard it's a estimate.

what do you guys think of this??? Is it true will the dollar be worthless???

money.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join