It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hunt for Sarah October

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by percievedreality
reply to post by Blaine91555

Don't live in Alaska myself, if you go south...I'm in Oregon. Yeah I heard that rumor, it was pretty tasteless. Oh well, Obama is a muslim right?

IMO, we need an administration that is free to run the country and fix our problems. Unfortunately, Sarah has her own problems (as do many of us)...a new baby that is developmentally and probably also physically disabled. She should devote her time to those needs, not running the country while trying to also be the mother she needs to be (which she choose to do because she is anti-abortion). I know Obama has children but they are nearly grown up and not requiring special attention.

So having kids is a bad thing? Or is it that woman are supposed to stay home in the kitchen taking care of babies? what are you trying to say exactly?

I also tend to think to myself that, if she can't control her daughter, what is to make me think she can control anything? Then I hear stories of grants to build on property that they didn't even own resulting in 7 years of litigation. That is mismanagement and I see enough of that at work and in politics already. Not change, for sure. I have a near teenage daughter, and no way in hell is she going to make that "mistake". Leaders are not supposed to make mistakes. Tknock Obama for his experience and then name her your VP (with even less experience) and be quoted as saying the day before, 'What is it exactly that the VP does all day anyway?" You have got to be kidding, it is so laughable, and such a hypocracy!

So i guess her daughter being 18 and can legally consent to do whatever she wants has no bearing on your decision then. The fact that she is getting married again do to that is of legal age thing again. This isnt the 1950s any more why dont ya catch up with the rest of us.Ive voted democrat in every election and Im beginning to think the democrats have lost touch with Americans. Reality Hillary should be facing Mccain she would have won. Now even me Im looking at Mccain going well i guess hes not that bad.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Don't live in Alaska myself, if you go south...I'm in Oregon. Yeah I heard that rumor, it was pretty tasteless. Oh well, Obama is a muslim right?

IMO, we need an administration that is free to run the country and fix our problems. Unfortunately, Sarah has her own problems (as do many of us)...a new baby that is developmentally and probably also physically disabled. She should devote her time to those needs, not running the country while trying to also be the mother she needs to be (which she choose to do because she is anti-abortion). I know Obama has children but they are nearly grown up and not requiring special attention.

I also tend to think to myself that, if she can't control her daughter, what is to make me think she can control anything? Then I hear stories of grants to build on property that they didn't even own resulting in 7 years of litigation. That is mismanagement and I see enough of that at work and in politics already. Not change, for sure. I have a near teenage daughter, and no way in hell is she going to make that "mistake". Leaders are not supposed to make mistakes. Tknock Obama for his experience and then name her your VP (with even less experience) and be quoted as saying the day before, 'What is it exactly that the VP does all day anyway?" You have got to be kidding, it is so laughable, and such a hypocracy!

Man that argument is sooo last week. We all know how she "should stay home like a good little women and take care of her children". It just never seems to amaze me when that comes out of the mouth of dems/libs when they were the ones fighting for womans rights. I bet there is a woman somewhere around you that would slap you for that comment.

I was going to rebut the rest of your sorry attack on her family but it is not worth my time. Anyone with any intelligence would know everything in your statement is ridiculous. I like to see you control "your" kids. God knows my parents couldn't control me, and their parents couldn't control them. Who the hell wants to seriously control their kids anyway?

F* it im done, this makes my blood boil.

[edit on 9/10/2008 by sputniksteve]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
So having kids is a bad thing? Or is it that woman are supposed to stay home in the kitchen taking care of babies? what are you trying to say exactly?

No, I did not mean to imply that. Having kids is something that I would hope all experience at some point in their life. For the record, I never said anything about women in my previous post, you are trying to steer this into sexism, which is not. If McCain had just fathered a baby that will require special attention (thus taking him away from his duties at POTUS), I would expect him to do the same as I argue for Palin. Mother or father, they both now have a comittment. Or if your a rich enough Republican, I guess, you can just hire a live in nanny right? Sheesh.

Originally posted by dragonridr
So i guess her daughter being 18 and can legally consent to do whatever she wants has no bearing on your decision then. The fact that she is getting married again do to that is of legal age thing again. This isnt the 1950s any more why dont ya catch up with the rest of us.Ive voted democrat in every election and Im beginning to think the democrats have lost touch with Americans. Reality Hillary should be facing Mccain she would have won. Now even me Im looking at Mccain going well i guess hes not that bad.

No it really doesen't as she was 17 when she got pregnant. I know this is not the 50s and I am not even that old, so keep trying. Democrats lost touch? Just not going to put up with the Republican crap anymore. You say McCain is not that bad and you are trying to play the sexism card on me above? Please, McCain is a womanizer and has been for 35 years! After he is elected (God help us) and we go to war with Iran and the draft is reinstated, I hope you miss your children as much as I will miss mine. Wake up.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
Man that argument is sooo last week. We all know how she "should stay home like a good little women and take care of her children". It just never seems to amaze me when that comes out of the mouth of dems/libs when they were the ones fighting for womans rights. I bet there is a woman somewhere around you that would slap you for that comment.

As I said above in response to another, "Oh, that is so sexist" comment, I never said anything about women in my previous post, you are trying to steer this into sexism, which is not. If McCain had just fathered a baby that will require special attention (thus taking him away from his duties as POTUS), I would expect him to do the same as I argue for Palin. Mother or father, they both now have a comittment. A comittment that is too much for who I want to be POTUS.

I was going to rebut the rest of your sorry attack on her family but it is not worth my time. Anyone with any intelligence would know everything in your statement is ridiculous. I like to see you control "your" kids. God knows my parents couldn't control me, and their parents couldn't control them. Who the hell wants to seriously control their kids anyway?

People who demand respect and have come to realize that SOME disipline is a good thing, that is who. I can see that you have no respect for anyone, thanks to your upbringing. Too bad, that the majority think that that is okay. No wonder you would support a man who divorces his crippled wife, lies about it and then marries his new woman for money not love. Conservative? Evangelical? Family values matter so much? NO... the definetion of a hypocrite!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

As I said above in response to another, "Oh, that is so sexist" comment, I never said anything about women in my previous post, you are trying to steer this into sexism, which is not. If McCain had just fathered a baby that will require special attention (thus taking him away from his duties as POTUS), I would expect him to do the same as I argue for Palin. Mother or father, they both now have a comittment. A comittment that is too much for who I want to be POTUS.

People who demand respect and have come to realize that SOME disipline is a good thing, that is who. I can see that you have no respect for anyone, thanks to your upbringing. Too bad, that the majority think that that is okay. No wonder you would support a man who divorces his crippled wife, lies about it and then marries his new woman for money not love. Conservative? Evangelical? Family values matter so much? NO... the definition of a hypocrite!!!

I am sorry I mistook "she should stay at home and be the good mother that she should be" as sexist. I guess in context of your first post, it certainly seems that way, maybe it is just me. Now if you claim that you would say the same thing about McCain, well that changes the dynamic. I personally think you could do both jobs, no matter what gender you are. Call me optimistic I guess.

As far as saying I don't have any respect, because I don't wish to control my daughter, and my parents didn't wish to control me is a little out of line I think. You have kids obviously, so you are telling me they will never do anything to bring shame to you? How do you know this? I was brought up with great morals and values, but I still made mistakes. I teach my daughter the same great morals and values, and I fully expect her to make mistakes. I know kids that had dominating parents that tried to control every aspect of their life. It is unhealthy, and severely hurt their development.

I am sorry but I just don't see any merit what so ever in your arguments.

And just for the record, I will not be voting for McCain. I just can't stand the way this woman is being treated. Talk about your hypocrisy.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
About the supposed lipstick remark on Palin. Here is Obama's respone;:

It's so silly how Republicans take something out of context and make it something it is clearly not! I don't think Americans are so easily fooled though and it may backfire of Republicans. Oh, and if people want to interpret his comment that he called Palin a pig it's fair enough to use the same interpretation about McCain when he used a simular statement about Hillary. This is just ridicolous!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 10-9-2008 by Shades1035]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
strange that ATS say I post a malformed ID when I click the yotube icon and paste the link to the Youtube Obama response.. shrugs..

Fine here it is in plain text then: www.youtube.com...

[edit on 10-9-2008 by Shades1035]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join