It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hunt for Sarah October

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

The Hunt for Sarah October

Democrats understand Sarah Palin is a formidable political force who has upset the Obama victory plan. The latest Washington Post/ABC Poll shows John McCain taking a 12-point lead over Barack Obama among white women, a reversal of Mr. Obama's eight-point lead last month.

It's no surprise, then, that Democrats have airdropped a mini-army of 30 lawyers, investigators and opposition researchers into Anchorage, the state capital Juneau and Mrs. Palin's hometown of Wasilla to dig into her record and background. My sources report the first wave arrived in Anchorage less than 24 hours after John McCain selected her on August 29.

The main area of interest to the Democratic SWAT team is Mrs. Palin's dismissal in July of her public safety commissioner. Mrs. Palin says he was fired for cause. Her critics claim he was fired because he wouldn't bend to pressure to get rid of a state trooper, Mike Wooten, who had been involved in a bitter divorce battle with Mrs. Palin's sister. Mr. Wooten is certainly a colorful character. He served a five-day suspension after the Palin family filed a complaint against him alleging he had threatened Mrs. Palin's father. They also accused him of using a Taser on his 10-year-old stepson, drinking in his patrol car and illegally shooting a moose.

More...

They really need to find something. Otherwise, stories like this one make the Obama people look very desperate, imo.

[edit on 9-9-2008 by loam]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
What's the problem? Certainly not the Obama team's strategy. I mean, you do understand that the other party would and does do the very same type of thing.

Politics is just Hollywood for ugly people.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsTheQuestion

Oh, no. I get that.

Except in Palin's case it starts to look like Obama isn't the *change* he claims to be.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by ItsTheQuestion

Except in Palin's case it starts to look like Obama isn't the *change* he claims to be.

How so?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Someone show me a news article that reports that the Rep's have done this to Obama, most importantly to Biden at this magnitude.

Be of good cheer, if this army can't find anything they will make it up!

Roper

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
If they go looking for something it will show that they really are just 'old politics as usual'.

Actually, they don't have to look far. Her church prays for gays to convert and she believes in the rapture cult. That should have legs enough to keep them going for a week or two.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I seriously doubt their efforts will avail them anything. The American people are a lot smarter than they give them credit for.

I'm sure the Democratic candidates will be given the same treatment before November 4th arrives. October will prove to be a very interesting month I think.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I really don't mind an objective and complete background check on a major candidate. If some fatal dirt is there they need to find it now, before we all have to live thru impeachment proceedings.

Regardless of what they find they need to use it more wisely than her opponents have done so far. The mad dog rabid attacks have hurt Obama far more than they have hurt Palin.

If they don't find anything then the only thing left for Obama is the race card. How he plays it could determine the outcome of the election.

From the way things look now, 2008 will be remembered as the year the spelling of landslide was changed to S-A-R-A-H.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I don't buy that no one investigated Obama. I remember people traveling to Kenya, Hawaii and Kansas to investigate his family ties. This is absolutely understandable to me.

In addition, when Obama became the candidate, he was known. He has been a vocal State Senator and a US senator for 12 years Since the 2004 DNC, he's been pretty amazingly popular. There's been a lot of time for research.

The reason people dive-bombed Alaska is because no one had ever heard of Sarah Palin before. And all of a sudden, 2 months before the election, she was in the country's spotlight. Naturally, there's going to be an influx of investigators and journalists into Alaska.

The opinion piece in the OP doesn't give any sources as to how they determined that it's the Democrats behind all this. I'm sure many of the people are Democrats, but I'm also sure plenty are Republicans and plenty are on assignment from their newspapers and law firms.

I don't know why you say that Obama isn't the change he's supposed to be based on this. Obama is not responsible for all the people who went to Alaska in search of Sarah.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

In all fairness, and in reply to your point, I just found this:

Mike Gehrke, the DNC's research chief, e-mails to say that Democratic staffers have not traveled en masse to Alaska to join the Sarah Palin hunt.

"Not a single person from DC or Chicago has traveled to Alaska to do research," he writes. Not a single Obama staffer, not a DNC staffer, not a hired gun, he says.

Local Democratic operatives are helping out, and Obama has a field office open, he said, but John Fund's report of an "army" of 30 officials being airlifted to Alaska are false.

Link.

The impression however will still likely stick.

Originally posted by mrwupy
From the way things look now, 2008 will be remembered as the year the spelling of landslide was changed to S-A-R-A-H.

I think that's right.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Action....reaction....

McCain-Palin Start Truth Squad

The McCain-Palin campaign says it is fighting back with a Truth Squad against what the Wall Street Journal describes as pro-Obama Democrats who have “airdropped a mini-army of 30 lawyers, investigators and opposition researchers into Anchorage” to dig up information on Sarah Palin.

The campaign said it has established the Palin Truth Squad that includes elected officials and other leaders in key states who “will issue alerts and statements to voters and the media to set the record straight.”

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Don't suppose you'd edit your first post to include a balance to what apparently amounts to an OP ED by a disgruntled Sarah Palin fan presented as fact?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I don't buy that no one investigated Obama. I remember people traveling to Kenya, Hawaii and Kansas to investigate his family ties. This is absolutely understandable to me.

Yes, it was Hillary Clinton and the Dems who investigated Obama as much as anybody.

The reason people dive-bombed Alaska is because no one had ever heard of Sarah Palin before.

This is the type of attitude that is perpetuated by the Washington media elite. Sarah Palin WAS known to the entire state of Alaska. She was known to a wide range of Republicans who follow politics.

Just because the Washington media missed the boat doesn't mean that NO ONE had ever heard of her.

And what will happen when a crew of lawyers is sent to Alaska is sooner or later somebody looking for their 15 minutes of fame is going to confirm or start some rumor. I think we've seen this play out many times before.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Huh?

You have an assertion by John Fund and a rebuttal by Mike Gehrke. I presented BOTH.

You want me to do what?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
LMAO Loam................star & flag for this thread title alone......

When I stop chuckling I plan to actually read it..
...............BUT I know am positively safe in a star & flag for any thread Loam writes.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Starred and flagged by the way.

I'm still voting Libertarian. I just find it amusing that Palin becomes the lightning rod and no one even asks who Joe Lieberman is.

Had Obama chosen Hillary he would have been President, but he didn't.

There is nothing funnier or more satisfying than seeing a politician slain by his own ego.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Had Obama chosen Hillary he would have been President, but he didn't.

There is nothing funnier or more satisfying than seeing a politician slain by his own ego.

Indeed.

I recall prior to his selection of Biden, the rhetoric was that Clinton couldn't possibly be the choice because it would dilute his message of change....Then he produces Biden as his selection.

Yeah. That made sense.

As I have said before, for a Candidate who claimed to represent change and was committed to reaching across the divide to heal differences, he sure demonstrated otherwise when he couldn't even accomplish that within his own political party.

Ignoring half of the Democratic electorate turned out to be a really dumb idea, huh?

Colossal political mistake.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Oh CRAP! I said Joe Lieberman and the vice presidential candidate on the Dem ticket is Biden.

I'm keeping up with this election and I can't even remember his name.

That's how boring the democratic ticket has become.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

That's ok, I knew what you meant.

Never a dull moment.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Why is that necessarily an ego thing. Didn't Obama and Clinton differ fundamentally on a number of issues?

[edit on 9-9-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join