It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World wants Obama as president: poll

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The American public will vote for who it wants. And given the track record it will be the opposite of the worlds opinion. Im voting McCain because i agree with him. Plus its not like the public knows waht they want anyway. Bush won 2 terms. And if he is so evil why did the public vote him in again. Sure say i didnt vote for him. Then ask yourself why did the rest of my country vote for him. I dont want Obama to win because id rather not pay to build up the rest of the world with my taxpayer money. And if i get drafted id rather go to the middle east then Africa.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Oceanborn

It's Will Farrell and the movie is "Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy"

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Thanks a bunch!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
duh

they know he'd make our military so weak that everyone could just invade and control us!!!

and work us like slaves to take back the debt we owe them!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

Sure, because as we all know, Australia is just dying to invade us. We all know that 92.3% of Europeans want to invade America after it is weakened. And don't get me started on those Africans.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
We're a sovereign nation, and have the right to vote for whichever candidate we believe will promote the best interests of our own country.

One of the inherent Human Rights that happens to be listed in the Bill of Rights is for all people to have Free Speech: It's just that we don't have the Lawful jurisdiction to enforce Human Rights on other sovereign nations. The best we can hope for is to set a good example & hope that the other peoples in the world start following along.

Even though no one has the Right to shut up people who say what we don't want to hear, we all still have the Right to not listen.

[edit on 10-9-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

Originally posted by MrVertigo

So am I to understand that you think that Bush & co have done a good job?

The state of your economy is good?

The state of your constitution is fine?

The use of torture is ok?

Iraq was a great idea?

Yes
Yes
Yes
The US does not torture
Yes

[edit on 9-9-2008 by RRconservative]

Going to have to call you out as a liar here!How can you sprout that rubbish?

concerning mcCain-No person wants a man who sings BOMB BOMB Iran as the leader of America over here in Blighty.And that VP god freak thinks your doing gods work in Iraq!

To be honest most of us couldnt give a toss about your elections,its only our media who are making this front page.You dont cover our elections I dont think we should,Its your country do as you damm well like

If McCain wins theres going to be even more wars,and I hope every person on this planet gets a vote to decide what side they want to fight with when push comes to shove

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Of course we should care what the world wants. When we go to the war, who do you expect to take our backs?

You can shun all of the countries who are wanting better relations for the US, but in the end, the US will never be able to survive without the help of those same countries.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
If the rest World really wants him to be their President, I'm willing to make the supreme sacrifice and let them have him. LOL

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by feydrautha

Hell to the no...?

But anyway, this poll did not include "Americas enemies". Well, unless you consider the rest of the world to be Americas enemies.

Africa is our enemy? Europe is our enemy? India is our enemy? South America is our enemy?

I wasn't aware of that. We're pretty much screwed when you add Iran, China, and North Korea onto that list.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The world only wants Obama because he is gonna fleece the American people with his Global Poverty programs.

The richer countries won't have to worry as much over the world's poor because the American taxpayer would be throwing money at the problem thanks to Obama.

The poorer countries think they would benefit off the transfer of wealth from the American people to the third world but in reality it will just go to their elites.

Seriously, it should be obvious why the world wants Obama, he will transfer the wealth out of American.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by magnetik

Intelligence? It is not a matter of intelligence...

The world, whether we like it or not, is ruled by spheres of influence. Every time there is a vacuum of power, anywhere, the major power of the region will fill that vacuum. If the region is specially attractive, like the Middle East, due to it's petroleum, a major power, like China, Russia or India, will step in.

That is why so many countries want Obama in power. I'm not implying that he is week, and would leave American interests exposed, but he is perceived as weaker then McCain...

We shall see...or not...

Every time a new USA President assumes the office, major powers, like Russia and China, usually create an incident. The manner in which the new President reacts will greatly dictate those nations foreign policy, they will get a clear picture in how far they can go, in their expansionist pretenses...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NorthWolfe CND

Every time a new USA President assumes the office, major powers, like Russia and China, usually create an incident.

That is an excellent point. I would be surprised if it were China, at this point. I'm fairly certain that Russia, though, will. Putin has been very clear that he has expansionist intentions. My guess is that soon after the Inauguration, they may make a move on the Ukraine, probably similar to the Georgian move, where they claim they're going in, to stop genocide. It will also be a test of Nato's resolve, in addition to the new president.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
How can anyone claim all our European allies are against McCain when the article doesn't give the country by country results. The article brags about the Ausies supporting Obama, but doesn't mention the rest of the E.U., so claims that all of our European allies oppose McCain haven't been proven by any links I have seen.

I am voting for McCain, because I think a hard liner stance will most likely result in less war, not more. I think that McCain will be perceived as a much more competent president than GW, even with Cheney behind him, and the agressive powers of the world will be far less likely to stir up trouble. U.S. foriegn policy has gone to pot not so much because of GW's aggressive stance, but because of his incompetence. GW talks tough, but can't deliver, makes too many mistakes.

I think Obama will be a cream puff on U.S. foriegn policy. Obama doesn't think much of the U.S. in my opinion, and he will do very little to defend us as a nation. His choice of Church convinced it for me.

A weak U.S. foriegn policy would be a global disaster. Thid world dictators and all the 2nd world nations like Russia and China would immediately begin challenging Obama's willingness to respond to their agression. If Obama is elected, chance are that global hotspots will start showing up all over the world.

If you want global stability, and a reduction in military activities around the globe, McCain should be your choice.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Wrestling is fake, so is politics.....

I found a video relating to the words of Jesse Ventura I mentioned on page four, worth a look.

I still don't understand why anyone would give two #s about who the rest of the world wants for our president. I understand why they care, but why should we care who they want. We should pick the candidate who truly represents our national interests, and it ain't Obama, McCain, Hillary, or any other run-of-the-mill politician.

[edit on 9/10/2008 by ludaChris]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

The rest of the world has shown little evidence of being able to know what's best for themselves let alone what's best of the U.S.

Maybe if there was evidence the "rest of the world" had superior skills at knowing what's best I might care.

Excellent points!

In the past, many Americans would have preferred someone besides Kohl and Chirac in Germany and France. But somehow the voters there did not listen or care. That's just two examples.

So, I hope the rest of the world understands when I (respectfully) tell them to buzz off with respect to our elections.

[edit on 9/10/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
If the majority of the world DOES want someone to be the President of the United States...thats the LAST person I would vote for.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Excellent point!

Going it alone and declaring unilateral war has OBVIOUSLY put us in a position in the world to be more prosperous and safe!

Good to see someone beside the great Decider wants to stay the course.

Ever think about how much of our economy depends on those countries you don't care about?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join