It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stratfor: Israel in Georgia to Block Growing Russian Threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
We've been hearing rumors for some time that Israeli Mossad and American special forces were in Georgia on the eve of Russia's invasion. Stratfor seems to confirm this, and goes even further to suggest why Israel had interest in the region.

The problem now is Israel is trying to mullify Russia, and even cancelled a weapons sale to Georgia just a week shy of the invasion.

Stratfor says the only country in the world right now that can effectively threaten Israel's existence is Russia. Not that Russia has any overt intentions of wiping it off the face of the earth, like Iran's rhetoric, but in its geopolitical Cold War against us, it could give Israel real headaches.

Now we're hearing that Russia is entrenching itself in Georgia (I could have predicted this on 8/9). Be looking out for stories in the MSM about further Russian troop buildups in Georgia and news about weapon shipments to Israeli enemies.

Georgia is more than just a former Soviet satellite; it's even more than an oil port. Georgia is a very easy bridge to the Middle East, one which Russia would love to own as a way to spread its influence there further.

This new Cold War is just as dangerous as the last. Unfortunately, I believe Putin is more genius and calculating than Soviet bureaucrats in the past. Plus he has a blank check to do whatever the hell he wants.

Everyone pained and moaned when Bush was in a similar position after 9/11. I more fear what Putin will do to take advantage of his popularity.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
You forgot one thing, the Russians remember Afghanistan very well, unlike the American's who continue to fight WWII over and over again.

The example then was Vietnam and the eleven years it took before the USA was defeated, same thing now, only it's a desert. If you learn from others mistakes that is intelligence, if you continue to make the same mistakes over and over ... you're an American Politician.

join