It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Count Down to Hadron Collider Initiation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Seeing as how tomorrow is CERN's official date for startup for the new Hadron Collider, (and supposed subsequential anhiliation of our solar system)...

...I thought I'd say my farewells, it was fun...

[edit on 9/9/2008 by Choronzon]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
ooooooooooooooh its tommorow!!!!!
i thought it was today haha

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
and if nothing happens then what?

i think these guys know what they are doing, and do you really think that the Illuminati would allow a threat to their power to go on, i dont think so.

therefore i will psot tomorow night and all will be well...

until 2012 that is.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Here's something to keep us going for now...

An Inside Look at the Cern LHC Accelerator

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I'm looking forward to this. I honestly don't think anything will go wrong, but there's a small part of me that kinda hopes it does. I mean seriously...creating a black hole here on Earth would be kinda cool (and deadly). But still, I'm looking forward to it, even though it will take some time before data starts coming in.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Meh. Nothing is going to happen. I have full confidence in the scientific minds that put this project together.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Most people are tending to look towards the negative parts of firing this baby up. However I sit here Knowing that this machine will most likely change our views on life, and give us a new "Hope" or dream or something to strive for; Who knows, all i know is that people living on that day will be witness to history in the making. Maybe, maybe we can then stop killing one another, and instead zip around in 'space-time'.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hakii
Most people are tending to look towards the negative parts of firing this baby up. However I sit here Knowing that this machine will most likely change our views on life, and give us a new "Hope" or dream or something to strive for; Who knows, all i know is that people living on that day will be witness to history in the making. Maybe, maybe we can then stop killing one another, and instead zip around in 'space-time'.

I don't think they will discover anything honestly It's just a massive waste of money and seriously what good is knowing a particle exists even if they find it it isn't going to be any use.

The whole thing makes me mad the fact that they are doing things they don't understand and deciding to risk the planet just on the off chance of a nobel prize.

Complete waste of money that could be used elsewhere in my opinion the best thing that could happen is if the thing blew up and killed the whole lot of them bunch of arrogant morons.

What is more likely to happen of course is nothing but them wasting more money to build a bigger one then repeat cycle until eventually something does go wrong.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
When exactly will they fire this thing up? Is it in 2½ hours, or is it 3½ hours from now? I tried to check their website, but it didn't say (or at least I couldn't find it).

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

8:30am GMT+2 hours, hope that helps.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
Here's something to keep us going for now...

An Inside Look at the Cern LHC Accelerator

Excellent video! I thoroughly enjoyed it, thanks I ll have the kids watch it tomorrow.

We are making a LHCake for a treat, white and dark matter cake, yum. This video will go good with LHCake!

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Aha. 8:30am GMT+2.

I'm in GMT+1, and it'll soon be 6:30am here. So, that's 2 hours from now. I don't believe the world will be destroyed, but I won't be surprised if there'll be a huge explosion (like a nuke). I wouldn't want to be near that place when they start it up...

edit to add: hey, wait a minute. I mean that's only one hour from now! Wow

edit 2 to add: ehr... I mean three hours from now. I need coffee...

[edit on 2008/9/9 by Hellmutt]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Relax people, they shoot out the first protons beam to let it run thru the entire 17 miles ring, a test run merely.

The real deal begins on 21st Oct and each day they will boost the protons of 2 beams traveling in opposition direction until it travels 99.99999% to the speed of light inside the accelerator, before colliding with one another at 4 intersection points creating the big bang.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by damefool

Thanks for the info, where did you learn this? I am not doubting you, just what you say makes sense and I thought I had read as much as I could on this...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by damefool
Relax people, they shoot out the first protons beam to let it run thru the entire 17 miles ring, a test run merely.

The real deal begins on 21st Oct and each day they will boost the protons of 2 beams traveling in opposition direction until it travels 99.99999% to the speed of light inside the accelerator, before colliding with one another at 4 intersection points creating the big bang.

Thanks for pointing this out, most people are completely stupefied by the whole thing.
There is not going to be any major collisions done until late October.
So the fake end of the world will not be tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by damefool

Thanks for the info, where did you learn this? I am not doubting you, just what you say makes sense and I thought I had read as much as I could on this...

It was on wiki and some other sites. Are we allow to post links?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
It is true though. No actual high-energy particle collisions will occur until late October. If there were any danger, which there probably isn't..... nothing bad would happen until then.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Just wanted to say that ELEVEN OF THE FIRST TWELVE THREADS ARE ABOUT THE LHC.

It's getting old already, people, and there's still a month or so before things even get remotely interesting there.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
It's starting up in less than seven minutes. Less than seven minutes to go folks...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Has the Large Hadron Collider destroyed the world yet?

Maybe you guys should check it out...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join