It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COINTELPRO memo reveals J. Edgar Hoover gave order to withhold evidence in 'Omaha Two' case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

COINTELPRO memo reveals J. Edgar Hoover gave order to withhold evidence in 'Omaha Two' case

www.opednews.com

Conrad scrawled on his copy of the COINTELPRO memo, "Dir advised telephonically & said OK to do" followed by his initials. Hoover gave approval to withhold the FBI Laboratory analysis and the lab director was able to keep the results permanently hidden. However, Conrad did keep up his end of the plot and gave the results to the Omaha SAC who in turn shared them with Gates.

Ultimately, 15 year-old Duane Peak confessed to planting the bomb that took Minard's life. Peak also claimed he made the emergency call and that Ed Poindexter and Mondo we Langa helped him build the bomb. Peak was offered a deal and became the state's chief witness against the two Panther leaders in exchange for a short sentence and his freedom. To keep the case from unraveling it was necessary for Peak to have been the caller as he claimed. However, there was one catch, the voice on the tape did not sound like Duane Peak but rather that of an older man.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
A very interesting article, and one which begs the question:
Is It Still Happening Today?

We know that the FBI have NO proof against OBL, but he was blamed anyway by bush.

How many examples must there be, over the years, of cover ups, frame ups, innocent people sent to prison or worse, just for political or monetary expediency?

We know that Hoover was far from perfect - the question is, what will history reveal about the times we live in when the documents leak or otherwise become available?

www.opednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Excellent article.

If you read about the secret life of Hoover, you would be amazed at everything that happened in his life. He was the one imo that setup the blueprint as to how to create false accusations on anyone you want amongst many other nefarious manuevers he created.

So how many examples are there? Way too numerous to count and I would guess the majority are buried deep within massive tangles of lies.

My question is how does the reference to COINTELPRO in the article relate to COINTELPRO that we hear on ATS? I'm not making the connection as my understanding of what COINTELPRO truly is seems to now be clouded.

I'll see if I can find the link on Hoover. Thanks for the post.

new topics

join