It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqis are getting fat....Bush to blame

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Iraqis are geeting fat....Bush to blame

cranialcavity.wordpress.com

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Starved of entertainment in their violence-racked city, many Baghdad residents are turning to food as one of their few remaining pleasures, and paying the price as they pile on the pounds.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.usatoday.com
latimesblogs.latimes.com

[edit on 9-9-2008 by StefanO]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Supposedly, Iraqis are now more scared than ever leaving their homes for risk of getting killed, instead staying in their safety of their homes, watching cable -TV. Cable TV IN Iraq is post Saddam. Another beautiful example of America spreading democracy. What's next? Airdrop diet pills, and Weight watchers pamphlet.

cranialcavity.wordpress.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Of course, it's Bush's fault.

His program of force feeding the Iraqi civilians it to blame.

Where are the videos of soldiers stuffing food into the mouths of innocent Iraqi's ?

I bet the army makes them form naked pyramids and then eat.

It's just disgusting the lengths to which our military will go to poor helpless civilians.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I dont know what the current situation is in Iraq, but how long you think before downtown Baghdad looks like Anytown USA? I like differences in culture and not being bombarded with McDonalds, Starbucks and other healthy US offerings no matter what country im visiting.

My point you ask. Many European nations now have followed the US in its never ending quest to be the fattest and most disgusting people in the world, after being forcefed this crap you call food over here.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by StefanO

You can blame on Bush for getting Europeans fat as well.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
reply to post by StefanO

You can blame on Bush for getting Europeans fat as well.

That is very true, as I noted on the above post. I'm all for democracy, im NOT for mini Americas spread around the globe.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Is this for real? People are seriously blaming Bush for Iraqis getting fat? This has to be a joke right? Better fat then dead I suppose...right?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
Better fat then dead

That'll make for an awesome bumber sticker

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by StefanO

Heh, I was just thinking "Must have been Bush's fault" would make a nice one too

I got in an argument with my Aunt this last weekend, she seems to think everything wrong with the world is solely due to GW.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
People are being slaughtered in the streets, there is no identifiable Iraqi authority in most places... and someone is focusing on weight problems?

Um... can't the issues of "whats the best diet" wait until after the murdering is over?

new topics

top topics

join