It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean Leader Is Very Ill, American Official Says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

North Korean Leader Is Very Ill, American Official Says

www.nytimes.com

The North Korean leader Kim Jong-il is seriously ill and might have suffered a stroke weeks ago, an American intelligence official in Washington said Tuesday, after Mr. Kim failed to attend an unexpectedly small-scale celebration of his country’s 60th anniversary.
The official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said that the exact status of the North Korean’s health was unclear, but that it did not seem Mr. Kim was on the verge of death.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
www.reuters.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
FOXNEWS offers up the idea Kim Jong II is dead and an imposter is running North Korea.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The Times article goes on to state that "there are few indications that North Korean officials are stepping up preparations for a transfer of authority."

Of course, there are threads here on ATS that speculate that Kim may already be dead, and there's been an imposter in his stead.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9.9.2008 by ItsTheQuestion]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
No, he is Kim Jong Ill

I think the world would be a much better place without him and I hope that democracy will be restored.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lebowski achiever
No, he is Kim Jong Ill

"Yeah well, ya know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

I think the world would be a much better place without him and I hope that democracy will be restored.

Well, North Korea would certainly be a better place.

edit to fix 'North Korea' link...it's a fascinating watch! A western filmmaker allowed to film in North Korea.

[edit on 9.9.2008 by ItsTheQuestion]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
And we have a denial...

No.2 denies Kim Jong-il ill

It all sounds very austin powersish to me.

CT

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

Yeah no kidding. The death of Lil' kim would make the world a much better place for the North Koreans and the rest of the world. God knows how many people have suffered and died because of his communist regime.. Malnurishment, poverty, disease, murder, and everything else that happens to people in North Korea..

When I was stationed at Osan Air Base in South Korea we were required to wear our dress blues and travel to the 38th parallel. They took us to a watchpost where we could actually look over onto the North korean side. They have this empty town with noone in it.. And they have giant loudspeakers on the hillsides constantly blasting North Korean propaganda.. Telling everyone to join them. They even offer people to come over to live in the afformentioned empty city (can't remember the name of it.. It's on google earth though). Seems like the act of a paranoid schizo to me..

When I was there we got to walk around in the meeting room of which half is on the North Korean side and half is on the South Korean side. Anyway, long story short I got to walk on the North Korean side for a little bit and take photos. They were freaky.. They were constantly videotaping us and taking pictures from windows and stuff. We were told it was because they later on use it for propaganda videos.. But why would they do it all the time?? Seems more like they WANT us to think that almost. That place was creepy though.

VERY tense atmosphere with the North Korean guards constantly staring at the South Korean guards and vice versa.. They do it for a whole 8 hour shift I guess (but they do get a break i think). The South Korean guys always had a bunch of marbles in their pocket which we were told was so that when one man walked/ran it would sound like alot of guys instead of one. It was very odd.

One of my grandfathers fought in the vietnam war and many of his friends died. When I was there at the 38th parallel they had a tiny gift shop and I bought him a shadow box with part of the barbed wire from the old border fence. It was emotional when I presented it to him a couple months later. It was wierd too because I had JUST barely had enough money to buy it.

Anyway, we were told during a briefing on N Korea that like 80 percent of children under the age of 12 die. Largely because of malnurishmen they said.. Pretty sad.. And its that kind of crazy stuff that we almost never hear about in the press.

-ChriS

[edit on 10-9-2008 by BlasteR]

join