It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New" Life" Form Being Created????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
hey i reallly don't know how to post other articles "properly" by ats standards....

so here it is haha

Szostak's protocells are built from fatty molecules that can trap bits of nucleic acids that contain the source code for replication. Combined with a process that harnesses external energy from the sun or chemical reactions, they could form a self-replicating, evolving system that satisfies the conditions of life, but isn't anything like life on earth now, but might represent life as it began or could exist elsewhere in the universe.

blog.wired.com... u=1&mbid=yhp

so basically these scientists created some other miniscule type of life form. its all experimental right now but wow! it kinda trips me out .

say they create more advanced life forms.. wouldnt this maybe disprove a lot of the religion theories on how we were created?
maybe we were all made in a big lab? hahah

whatever it's interesting

any thoughts??

sorry if it HAS been posted already

[edit on 9-9-2008 by TheBadge]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBadge
so basically these scientists created some other miniscule type of life form. its all experimental right now but wow! it kinda trips me out .

That's not what the article says. These things they've cooked up have no particular ability -- or desire -- to reproduce. That's kind of an important requirement for life. Maybe the most.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
yeah but they are still movin around. i know its not all advanced life or anything but its a start. like i said its experimental

or shall i say "life"

[edit on 9-9-2008 by TheBadge]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I must say I'm not impressed. These protocells came from a living creature I assume? (Like maybe created from stem cells.)

So the man made stem cells that can collect DNA... and they have the ability replicate, but won't?

Yeah... not a very big deal there.

[edit on 9-9-2008 by the_watcher]

new topics

top topics

join