It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a thought - Why you may never see a real UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Take this into perspective.

We "as humans" are working on making cloaking devices for our troops, and our vehicles. (If you've been reading the news, or keeping up on CNN you'll know what I'm talking about)

Now if "WE" are doing that now, and are many years away from intergalactic space travel. Not even touching on inter-dimensional time travel. What makes you think that these Aliens can't make themselves 100% invisible to all forms of wave lengths?

On top of that, I don't think it would be that hard for them to use stealth technologies like we've incorporated on our planes using radar reflective coatings and radar scattering angles.

Going one step further, I doubt it would take much effort for them to make themselves look exactly like our commercial planes in the night sky. Whether a replica that runs on "other" energy means or just a visual hologram of some sort.

Now in the past, before we had means to track things in our atmosphere. Before we had our missile defense systems.. and world wide radar monitoring.. I'm sure they strolled our way to peak around. But during this day in age, I find it very hard to believe that they would want us to know what they're doing.

If anything. I'm sure the majority of the anomalies we do see in the sky is nothing more then our government, or another just toying around with some new secret project.

The way I look at it, if they do want to be seen.. and are not hiding. Then we'd probably have much better video footage of close up's. Not something blurry, or speeding by at 10,000 miles an hour.

.. My 2 cents.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Or they are just getting ready for the harvest.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Triton1128

Military and other scientific craft may use a cloaking device, however a cruise ship or other craft for space tourists may not. Some may not care if their ships are spotted as they would have monitored our communications and realize most people would not believe it.
The best sightings and encounters are from people who did not go out looking for them.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
If anything, and this itself sounds far fetched. It could possibly be another civilization here on Earth. Another time far into the future, or maybe the distant past. Maybe THAT civilization is toying with time travel or something else far advanced. So what were seeing is a science experiment flaw or success.

Blip into our time quick, take a snap shot.. and blip back to their time. Or maybe an accidental blip to our time. I guess well never know, but its fun to keep the mind thinking.

Its fun to ponder these things when you don't limit yourself to set rules. For all we know time is not a constant, but can be manipulated, by some superior means of technological advancement. I can only hope some of these answers come to fruition in my lifetime

[edit on 9-9-2008 by Triton1128]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008

Military and other scientific craft may use a cloaking device, however a cruise ship or other craft for space tourists may not. Some may not care if their ships are spotted as they would have monitored our communications and realize most people would not believe it.
The best sightings and encounters are from people who did not go out looking for them.

I see your point, but I'm sure they would have some set standard. Being that advanced I can imagine they would see what kind of detrimental impact they could have our race if they were to interact. If they knowingly were coming here, I don't see how hard it would be for them to add a cloaking device. A push of a button for that added 100% security.

Again, the only scenario I foresee that the vehicle would not have a cloaking device, would be a scientific test. Where the outcome would be undetermined on their side. One minute their in a lab, in a pod. The next their in our time line going, ZOMG!!! and hitting their reset button to blink back hahaha

[edit on 9-9-2008 by Triton1128]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I don't think they are ready for us. We are too busy killing and pointing terrible weapons to each other. If we do that stuff to each other, what would we do to them? Not in my back Galaxy!

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I know we're not ready, if they do in fact exist. But I doubt well ever be ready if we continue the path we're currently on.

If anything they could be our saving grace.

I feel many are ready for change. But unfortunately, the handful of those who ultimately make our country's decisions.. are not.

Regardless..

top topics

join