It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This day in History

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I'm going to start a daily thread listing events that happened "This day in History" that may have a bit of a conspiracy angle. Might lead to some discussion on subjects that have not been discussed. Anyone think this might be a good/bad idea?

This day in History - September 9th.

2007 - Former leader of Panama Manuel Noriega finishes 15 years in Miami, Florida Prison for drug trafficking.

2006 - The Journal of Geophysical Research - Atmospheres reports two regions of the lower stratosphere show improvements in ozone layer: one no longer decreasing, the other shows signs of increasing.

2004 - A bomb blast outside the Australian embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia, kills eleven and injures up to 100 people.

1990 - Samuel Kanyon Doe, president of Liberia, captured and killed by rebels in a filmed execution.

1986 - New York City jury indicts Gennadly Zakharov (Soviet United Nations employee) of spying.

# 1986 - At the Palladium in Manhattan, New York, Compaq Computer introduces the Compaq Deskpro 386, the first 80386-based personal computer offered by a major computer manufacturer. The Model 40 features a 16 MHz Intel 80386 and 40 MB hard drive, for US$6449. The Model 130 has a 130 MB hard drive, for US$8799.

NOTE: No conspiracy at all in that one, I just find the specs and the price it was sold at quite comical.

1975 - Viking 2 launched toward orbit around Mars, soft landing.

1967 - First successful test flight of a Saturn V.

1965 - Tibet is made an autonomous region of China.

1948 - People's Democratic Republic of Korea proclaimed.

1945 - Japanese in S Korea, Taiwan, China, Indochina surrender to Allies.

1942 - First bombing on continental US soil, Mount Emily Oregon (WW2).

1908 - Orville Wright makes first one-hr airplane flight, Fort Myer, Virginia.

1850 - California becomes 31st state.

1817 - Alexander Lucius Twilight, probably first black to graduate from US college, receives BA degree at Middlebury College.

1776 - Continental Congress renames "United Colonies," "United States".

701 - Saint Sergius I ends his reign as Catholic Pope.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sensfan

Very cool. I'll be reading this post. I love this kind of history memorial. It helps keep things in perspective. Thanks!!

Zindo

join