It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 - Stake your posessions?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Hi Everyone,

I see a lot of threads here from people who just accept 2012 lore as fact. Since you believe it's a fact (obviously I don't), I am wondering: would you be willing to stake something on it?

Let's say I gave you 1000$ now. Would you sign a contract assigning me all your worldly possessions in 2013 if there is no nibiru/alien takeover etc?

I'd love a serious answer from the believers - and you never know, I might take you up on it!

Sufusci (skeptic)

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sufusci2

The only wager I would be willing to make is that absolutley nothing is going to happen. Anyone who believes that the Earth is going to end in Dec. of 2012 can go ahead and give this fine gentleman any and all of their earthly possesions, and after he runs out of room, I will take them....!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I think it will be interesting to see if anyone really does believe, so much so that they would go through with it. I'm more than happy to bet on this one!

I'm looking forward to 2012, the olympics will be great!

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 9-9-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

tell you what, you give me $2000 and ill wager my 1991 Honda Civic CX Hatchback. (in other words, wanna buy a honda?)

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Interesting idea!

Now has anyone here seen the film "Solar Storm"? It's about what NASA are predicting for funnily enough, December 2012!

In the film, the solar storm produces a state of alert called "E.L.E" That is an "extinction level event". Yes I know it's only a film, and it;s only a film about what COULD happen in 2012.

Personally, I think we'll all be here on Jan 1st 2013 but I wouldn't stake my life on it lol!

Ross

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by nomadrush

I have been through many, many predictions in my life that failed to materialise, much to the believers dismay. Now, I'll be able to gain more than just a "told ya so", but actual $$$ !

I'd love to do this publicly with those guys that predicted this from the sumerian texts - would be hilarious come 2013. I'd have all their book sale profits!

[edit on 9-9-2008 by sufusci2]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

In fact - I wonder if the people who write these books would do this. Would certainly be a good test of their sincerity.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

LOL - well there certainly may be some big bets at the bookmakers between now and then!

Ross

top topics

join