It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bob Woodward reveals existence of secret weapon in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Bob Woodward, an investigative reporter who helped uncover the Watergate scandal with Carl Bernstein, has revealed some tantalizing information in his new book, "The War Within". He reveals that the U.S. military has a new secret weapon that will change the face of combat to the same degree that the airplane and the tank have. He refers to it as being a "special capability" used to locate and kill top enemy leadership. What could this be? A slick new spy satellite of some kind?

Link to YouTube Video

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm guessing these are the same things.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I have been watching all the mainstream media, and so far, there is little reporting on this revelation regarding a technological advance in warfare that is top secret. In the 60 Minutes interview, Woodward reveals little except the existence of the top secret weapon.
Why hasn't more media jumped on this?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The secret weapon is a matrix of audio-video micro-devices. Essentially they look like stones, bricks, and other clever disguises. Each device is separately addressed, which allows for fine identification of the target area. The system requires a lot of data processing and human intervention; hence, resolution of targets is slow. Each micro-device can capture audio and video information and transmit it to a nearby hub. It's like a vast ethernet.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The scuttlebut is something out of a science fiction novel. Invisiblity for machine and people to the naked eye-no joke. That is what a friend of a friend is saying. Comprable to the Manhattan Project with Nuclear weapons. True invisiblity for our troops and weapons. It is only being field tested in Iraq by special ops on certain missions. It is not fool proof yet but close to it. Imagine that.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I agree, there has not been much media attention on this. Also, until Woodward comes clean (if he actually does know something), all we will be doing is speculating.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I agree its weird about the lack of coverage. I saw the article this morning, but didn't have time to read it.

Just now I had to actually hunt to find it again.

Silly of me - I should have checked ATS for it first.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Fascinating!

Maybe it's got something to do with this ATS thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

...the other thread is a link to a US soldier at the scene of an IED'd American tank who may (or may not) be wearing an invisibility suit.

F

[edit on 13/9/08 by Fuggle]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
It's probably an integration of surveillance: Satellites, drones, ground based units as well as communications, bugs and tracking devices working together to create a real time picture of where the bad guys are. Just a guess.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I know the term "threat to national security" gets thrown around a lot, but wouldn't revealing a secret like this qualify? Couldn't it be a treasonous act to do so? I would imagine that telling our enemies about the Nuclear Bomb would have gotten someone killed. I would have to think that it is either not as monumental as he makes it out to be or he is about to get into a lot of trouble.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
what makes bob woodward so special of a citizen that he gets to know but the rest of the "stupid" civilians are not allowed to know.

if it's so top secret how does a reporter famous for bringing down corrupt politicians know.

this guy stopped be a reporter along time ago, now he's just a political tool being used to spread agendas in exchange for black tie dinner invitations and being able to chill in the whitehouse.

the 4th estate my #$@, this guy is the definition of a sellout.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
in regards to invisibility suits, that stuff isn't classified, hell, i first heard about them on the discovery channel three years ago as being in their RTD&E stage. And that sony patent has me intrigued. Does anybody know where more information on said patent can be found? Also has anyone considered that this technology may refer to a rail gun? Woodward may or may not be a sellout, but he kept Special Agent Bright's identity as deep throat secret until Bright said otherwise. If the man has done anything, its proving he's able to keep a secret. The question in addition to what the tech is, should be, why is it being publicized. If you think the USG lacks the ability to muzzle the media you're in never never land. Could this be a piece of propaganda entirely?

top topics

join