It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CERN Scientists Bombarded With Death Threats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Lolacopter

According to an article published on the Telegraph, CERN, the organization behind the project, has been bombarded with calls, faxes and e-mails from concerned, wanna-be scientists assuming that the LHC will end the universe as we know it. Yes, folks, they believe the universe, which is billions of years old, can be destroyed by an insignificant, man-made machine. Don’t you find this just a bit ridiculous? Reactions like the ones the LHC tries to replicate have been happening on a galactic-level for far longer than what our mind can conceive, so I don’t think there’s really a reason why anyone should worry.

www.geeksaresexy.net...

Here's to hoping that tomorrow morning never comes for us in the U.S. Or maybe CERN is Bush's ticket to the imperial presidency? The Illuminati's gotta be upset that their plans could be put on indefinite hold. And what about the Reptilians? They're probably thinking "Dear God, I can't believe those humans are messing with the beginning of the universe."

In other words...WE'RE ALL GUNNA DIE!!!!!!!111one1!

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Hahahaha, thats funny. People should not even care, why are people bothered, who cares?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Its primarily religious people.
If you do some research on these wannabe scientists you will find affiliations with Jehovah's witness's, Seventh Day Adventists and Mormons.
They simply do not want scientists to find the god particle which can disprove many things about religion.
Many of the worlds top scientists not even affiliated with the project have already stated its harmless as it does not posses enough energy to do any significant damage.
People just don't understand to make a planet eating black hole you would need more energy than the sun has.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Outside source: Bible

Revelation 20: 11-12

11 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.

The part I want to call attention to is where it says, "And there was no place found for them." What are they thinking. If they create a thousand little black holes a second, what would prevent them from combining together like magnets do and forming a bigger one that starts to swallow up the Earth itself. Remember, an atom left alone harms no one, but... let mankind play with it and it can kill millions. So much power from such a little piece of the universe.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg
Its primarily religious people.
If you do some research on these wannabe scientists you will find affiliations with Jehovah's witness's, Seventh Day Adventists and Mormons.
They simply do not want scientists to find the god particle which can disprove many things about religion.
Many of the worlds top scientists not even affiliated with the project have already stated its harmless as it does not posses enough energy to do any significant damage.
People just don't understand to make a planet eating black hole you would need more energy than the sun has.

the so-called "god" particle doesn't really have any religious significance. It's called that because of how important it is to physics, as it's about the last standard model particle that hasn't been observed. It'd clue physicists in on why matter has mass, and might even help them figure out just what exactly is up with gravity.

EDIT: Well, no religious signifigance I know about. Could be that there's a religion or sect that claims that it alone holds the secret of mass.

[edit on 9-9-2008 by mdiinican]

top topics

join