It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My father was asked to join....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Join a cult. Get ahead in society. Be a better person. BELONG! Oh I can see the Masons saving the world around me now with all of their wonderful Charity as we speak, can't I?

Sarcasm. It's common knowledge that most Masons don't even know the society's true purpose. Do you think it's possible that you would tell us if you did? Don't you think if there WAS a Masonic conspiracy, that most masons would be brainwashed to think the opposite? Don't you think the ones who did know something would be best to say they didn't, out of fear of death?
Don't underestimate "ol' boys in nice suits". They are some of the worst organized criminals in the world, and I'm guessing the "charity" work is just a way to launder money.

Any knowledge that would be for the betterment of mankind (I've come across some myself) has ABSOLUTELY NO BUSINESS BEING KEPT SECRET!!! In this world that's falling apart, how dare you try and play that off on anyone. I spit on the Masonic Ideals and tell them they best be honest, or Karma will severely slap you the next time you incarnate, maybe even sooner. Let me tell you, Masons, you have not become a better person by deceiving people and being secretive about things. This is not the behavior of a group seeking the betterment of humanity, because secrets and favoritism
does not unite humanity. It only crates an "us" against "them" mentality. If you want us to stop being suspicious of your organization, disband it.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

Awesome and well said!

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Well thats fine and dandy!
But I'v posted this for a few quick answers not some raving rant about how the masons "suck".
Did you come here just to flame some masons?
Do you think that will change anyones mind?
Spitting on things and or people,that just makes you way better then "them" does it?

Give me a break go rant somewhere else

Spike

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

To the OP: This is what you can expect if you become a mason and ever admit or wear anything that can identify you as a mason. A vast majority of people don't care, a minority think more highly of you, and a smaller minority will accuse you of all manner of evil and horrible things that you know your not doing.

This is a prime example of unsubstantiated allegations - I have already offered why there can be no "levels" in masonry, and it was ignored. Instead I'm simply told I'm a low level cult member and, gosh darn it, there must be evil lurking within my fraternity! Its a level of paranoia that almost borders on absurdity.

I wish people who state things like this could see what they are doing. Let me apply it to dunwichwitch here:

You went to school at some point in your life. I'm telling you its a cult, and you were a low level member of it. There is evil in your school, but you wouldn't know because your just a low level member. Only the high level members know whats going on, but I can tell you (somehow - not even being at your school) that its just pure evil and conspiracy! Insert any group you belong to (and as much as you might think your a loner, you do belong to SOME sort of group) for the same effect.

This is a primary example of using non-falsifiable statements to try to make a point. Its poor logic, but to those not interested in the facts, it works. I cannot prove what I said is true, but I just accused someone of the same things I was accused of. Neither of us can prove or disprove what the other one is saying.

So how about instead we see some evidence of "low levels" and "high levels"? Or evidence that freemasonry is a cult?

Edit: As an aside, this person seems to suffer from A LOT of anger issues. Why so angry? You can't claim its righteous anger, because its not based in fact. For someone who claims to want to help humanity so much, you sure are doing a good job of hurting it by demanding everyone confirm to your will about what groups you approve of and do not approve of.

[edit on 9-9-2008 by LowLevelMason]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Easy way to talk to your local Masons is to run a Google search for a Masonic lodge in your area. Generally they'll have some contact information listed on their main page, that you can use to start a conversation with one of the members.
Even if you don't end up joining, you'll get a fair view of the Masons in your area, and they generally have schedules for various events in your area you can meet them at.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunwichwitch
Oh I can see the Masons saving the world around me now with all of their wonderful Charity as we speak, can't I?

No one said charity would save the world. It only helps make it a better place for those who perform and receive this comfort.

Sarcasm.

No! Really?

It's common knowledge that most Masons don't even know the society's true purpose.

But it is so much more feasible that every non-Mason knows the 'true' intentions of the Fraternity.

Do you think it's possible that you would tell us if you did?

If there were any type of conspiracy I do not think it would be tolerated or abided and would exposed by Masons who uphold the morality and justice which are part of the foundations of our Institution.

Don't you think if there WAS a Masonic conspiracy, that most masons would be brainwashed to think the opposite?

If there were members of the Craft that were perpetrating crimes they would be expelled just as others have before them. Not all Masons are perfect and those who do not abide by the laws of the country in which they live are no longer welcomed amongst the Bretheren.

Don't you think the ones who did know something would be best to say they didn't, out of fear of death?

That is a most comical sentiment. I can see it know, a million men buried up to their necks between high and low water mark.

Don't underestimate "ol' boys in nice suits". They are some of the worst organized criminals in the world, and I'm guessing the "charity" work is just a way to launder money.

What would be the purpose of laundering money that you plan on donating? You launder money that you intend on keeping.

Any knowledge that would be for the betterment of mankind (I've come across some myself) has ABSOLUTELY NO BUSINESS BEING KEPT SECRET!!!

You want the 'secret' knowledge about bettering mankind.....here it is....
Brotherly Love, Relief and Truth. That is it, the principle tenets of Freemasonry.

In this world that's falling apart, how dare you try and play that off on anyone. I spit on the Masonic Ideals and tell them they best be honest, or Karma will severely slap you the next time you incarnate, maybe even sooner.

I think the one who should be wary of Karma is the one who goes about expectorating on others and their opinions.

Let me tell you, Masons, you have not become a better person by deceiving people and being secretive about things. This is not the behavior of a group seeking the betterment of humanity, because secrets and favoritism
does not unite humanity. It only crates an "us" against "them" mentality. If you want us to stop being suspicious of your organization, disband it.

I see Fascism is alive and well in your perception of how the world should be governed.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
To the OP, none of my business, but in my expirience, it's best to mend whatever faults there are in the relationship with your father. It can't be done when he is gone. I watched as some of my family members tried to tear apart lifelong relationships over money. After long rants and trying to reason with everyone, we all decided that anyone can make money, not everyone can have the love of family. It is the greatest gift God gave us, the ability to love and be loved. And to answer your question, nobody will be eyeballing you, but if you ever need help, a good mason will do whatever is in his power to try. Even the lower level ones.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

what makes me laugh out loud is to see you folks come into threads and spout off like you actually know and can prove something, and then you scurry off with your tail between your leggs, only to spout the same unproven claims somewhere else. Here is my callenge to you, put up or shut up. Show me the proof. Any proof. Now run along to the next thread.

I feel much better now.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

You're right,it's none of you're business...
Of course love is worth more then money.

Spike

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

10-4.
just a little help though, if you don't want people diving into your business, you might not want to include it in your posts.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Just out of curiousty, my husband is a mason, isn't it tradition that the person interested has to ask 3 times before they are considered to be allowed to fill out a petition. My father in law made my husband ask three times, and it wasn't made, it was just the petition wasn't given to him until the 3rd time he asked. My husband says it is to see how serious one is about joining the lodge. Is this true?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by luvforwill
Just out of curiousty, my husband is a mason, isn't it tradition that the person interested has to ask 3 times before they are considered to be allowed to fill out a petition. My father in law made my husband ask three times, and it wasn't made, it was just the petition wasn't given to him until the 3rd time he asked. My husband says it is to see how serious one is about joining the lodge. Is this true?
I've heard that before as well, but have never actually seen it an official rule. (At least not in my state... different Grand Lodges have different bylaws. It's possible that it IS a rule on the books somewhere.)

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
all i know is that, that is how my father in law handled my husband. I remember getting mad about it, because all my husband wanted to do was join and it seemed like he was ignoring it, but then it was all explained once he became a mason. Which i propbably know more thani should know about the rituals that happen, but truly what wife doesn't. But it is really very interesting the symbolism and the meaning to everything you guys go though. I just became a Daughter of the Nile (female shriners) and we pretty much went through the same thing, ....i think, according to what i understand, with little changes. We definitly don't call each other brethren.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by luvforwill

I have heard of this tradition, and I do know some brothers that do this. Frankly, I know if I had to ask more than once I would assume I wasn't wanted - so I am thankful the person I asked didn't make me try two more times! At the same time I sort of had a "pre-interview" with the person who gave me the petition that made me really muse on why I wanted to join, so I guess it had the same impact.

I do note that, from my observation, PHA lodges seem to be really into this. I had a PHA brother in college and he absolutely refused to give anyone a petition until they asked him 3 times.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

True,good point.
I was in a pissy mood when I answerd,you're quite right.

Spike

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
My husband had the pre-interview too which i was allowed to sit in. This gave me an opportunity to voice any opinions and questions that i had at the lodge. which i did get some answered, i had most of mine answered before that being that we hung out at the Shrine Temple ALOT before that. But i thought it was awesome that they requested me there for the interview.....i always called the lodge a 'Heman Woman Haters Club" which i still do
but only to give grief to the husband. i couldn't be more proud that he is a mason and i hope my son will grow up and want to do the same thing.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spike Spiegle
Hey

My father was asked to join the masons.
Is it likely that they will ask me to join someday?
Do they wait for the right time to seek you out?

Spike

You don't contact them. They contact you.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spooky Fox Mulder

I am amazed by the things people believe and state with absolute certainty. This is just not true - where did you get this from?

They will almost never contact you (I would say never, but someone ALWAYS claims to be "invited"). You need to contact them.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LowLevelMason

Originally posted by Spooky Fox Mulder

I am amazed by the things people believe and state with absolute certainty. This is just not true - where did you get this from?

As it says in my signature; if people were to know the things I know, it would all fall apart.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by Spooky Fox Mulder]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

Right. You have some "divine knowledge" that no one else has about how the world really works.

There are two options here: believe that you somehow know some big great secret that no one else does, or go from my own experience being a mason where its a social taboo to invite people. Occam's razor and all that.

Freemasons rarely invite. Its a social taboo. Best way to join is ask.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by LowLevelMason]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join