It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My father was asked to join....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Hey

My father was asked to join the masons.
Is it likely that they will ask me to join someday?
Do they wait for the right time to seek you out?

Spike

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
By the rules, they arent supposed to recruit. YOU are supposed to seek THEM out. You, being of sound mind and all that yadda yadda yadda....

So dont hold yoiur breath.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Really?not to be mean but how do you know the rules?
My father was asked by another member from what I know...
If you're not part of that club,dont you think any rules you know or heard of would be false?
I dont know just thinking outloud.

Spike

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

I have filled out my petition already. Thats how I know. And I have family in the fraternity( well, the shriners).
If you are over 21, I will suggest that you go ahead and file your own petition. You are going to need a few sponsors. You probably know someone already through your dad who can help you with it.

There is nothing scary about it. There are no blood sacrifices or any of the hooey that you hear around the internet.

Its just a fraternity that helps you build your character and become a better person. All the while, helping people along the way.

Hope I could be of help.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Don't be a sell out. Face the world head on and always do the right thing even if it is the more difficult path. Don't join.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The ordinary freemasons are nothing special, and certainly nothing to be unduly scared of. They do a lot for charity and war veterans. Its the upper tiers of the cult who you have to be wise to and fear.
If your father joins and begins to climb the ladder he may become respected to the point that you could be invited to join but I don't honestly think that's the way it works. It is more likely that you may join simply because you want to follow in your fathers footsteps.
Personally, I would not want anything to do with the masonic cult but its your choice.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
The ordinary freemasons are nothing special, and certainly nothing to be unduly scared of. They do a lot for charity and war veterans. Its the upper tiers of the cult who you have to be wise to and fear.
If your father joins and begins to climb the ladder he may become respected to the point that you could be invited to join but I don't honestly think that's the way it works. It is more likely that you may join simply because you want to follow in your fathers footsteps.
Personally, I would not want anything to do with the masonic cult but its your choice.

You know NOTHING about masons. There is no masonic conspiracy. You are only afraid of what you dont know about. I think a little bit of masonic knowledge would do you good.

You speak of "upper tiers" when if you knew ANYTHING about freemasonry, you would know that there is NO SUCH THING as an "upper tier" THere is no central governing body of freemasonry. Each chapter is different.

You heard a story about about some crazy italian masons and now you think ALL masons are in some plot to kill or take over the world.

In the meantime, you are scaring people who would be a good a asset to their community if they joined.

What do you gain from it all?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SailorinAZ
Don't be a sell out. Face the world head on and always do the right thing even if it is the more difficult path. Don't join.

Personally, I don't think joining the Masons is selling out. I've been made aware by a couple of pals that they would sponsor me should I ever be interested in joining. That is the extent of the 'recruitment'. Even that, I would say, is because membership has been declining.

Incidently, I declined the invitation but strictly because I was already involved in several community volunteer efforts...not because I didn't want to rule the world.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   

LAUGH

Yea me speaking about something thats happening in my life is selling out...

SPike

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by MockedUnicorn
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

I have filled out my petition already. Thats how I know. And I have family in the fraternity( well, the shriners).
If you are over 21, I will suggest that you go ahead and file your own petition. You are going to need a few sponsors. You probably know someone already through your dad who can help you with it.

There is nothing scary about it. There are no blood sacrifices or any of the hooey that you hear around the internet.

Its just a fraternity that helps you build your character and become a better person. All the while, helping people along the way.

Hope I could be of help.

I never said I thought anything of the sort...
I'm just lookijng for a couple of sane answers
thanks youres was a sane answer
Spike

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I'm not on good terms with my dad...
And I dont know anyone (or care to know anyone he knows...)
So I guess its the waiting game?
I have no idee how to "sign up" not that I even want too...
Tho I would join if asked.

Spike

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I gotta say, Spike, (cool name! I love Bebop!) that, as I understand it from your OP that your father was approached by a Mason (be it a friend or co-worker) who recognized in him, the qualities that make a good Freemason. It probably happened in passing during a conversation about something else. I can imagine umpteen ways it may have come up. Regardless, they have no eye on you, in my opinion. My dad was a KoC (Knights of Columbus) and I have never, in my 39 years, been approached by any member of the KoC.
No biggie, Cowboy.

Cuhail

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail

I gotta say, Spike, (cool name! I love Bebop!) that, as I understand it from your OP that your father was approached by a Mason (be it a friend or co-worker) who recognized in him, the qualities that make a good Freemason. It probably happened in passing during a conversation about something else. I can imagine umpteen ways it may have come up. Regardless, they have no eye on you, in my opinion. My dad was a KoC (Knights of Columbus) and I have never, in my 39 years, been approached by any member of the KoC.
No biggie, Cowboy.

Cuhail

hey man
Yea bebop owns....
Thanks for the reply,(do they have and eye on me was what I wanted to know)GUESS THEY DONT.
PS:do you also enjoy such fine works of art as ghost in the shell or hellsing

Spike

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
And thanks for the thumbs up on my name,cool avatar to go with it too heh?
The ava was done by miss Greeneyedleo she rocks.

Spike

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Well, by joining, you will have better chances of moving up in your career. What I don't like about it, is that you could be a complete idiot but as long as your a Mason, another Mason will promote or help you. People should be promoted and recognized by their performance and character. I prefer to take the road less traveled even if it is a tougher path. I sleep better at night.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Well, by joining, you will have better chances of moving up in your career. What I don't like about it, is that you could be a complete idiot but as long as your a Mason, another Mason will promote or help you. People should be promoted and recognized by their performance and character. I prefer to take the road less traveled even if it is a tougher path. I sleep better at night.

It seems as though your perception of the "road less traveled" is based on falsehood. I've been in the fraternity for several years, and when anyone discusses new membership with me, I always note the following:

1) You will not gain any career help out of joining, and if you join because of this you will be severely disappointed for doing all that work and getting nothing out of it.
2) There is no "masonic preference" as you claim. If you ever attempt to get "masonic help" for material gain or to save you from something you've done wrong, you will be sorely disappointed because it won't work and is actually likely to backfire and get you expelled.

So in reality, masons are on the "road less traveled" right along with you. Maybe you should not judge all masons so quickly?

As for the OP - it really is the exception to the rule to be invited, and its usually because someone forgot the rule (no inviting) or because its a clandestine/non-mainstream lodge. Make sure your really dealing with regular freemasonry, because its a social taboo to invite someone. If you want to join you'll need to ask, waiting on the off chance for someone to forget they shouldn't be inviting you is not likely to work out.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
My opinion is based on my first hand observation of how Masons in the military promoted and helped other Masons regardless of how incompetent the individual was.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Average amsons are nothing to be feared, nice men who do mostly good, even though misguided. Sadly they agree to be willing deceived until they reach a certain level. They may as well play a video game to level up. because for what they gain, they gain within a mental construct created by a faulty and fallen creature, man. And though they report they gain life benefits. They do or do not know that they are being used like the taliban uses families to hide behind. My old man was asked, I am not sure if he joined or not. But he still defends them but believs some things ai try to convey to him. Most parents are short witted and dont like intense conversation with there kids that outwit or change them..call it stubborness i guess.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

My opinion is based on my first hand observation of how Masons in the military promoted and helped other Masons regardless of how incompetent the individual was.

My experiences are also based on first hand observation, knowing quite a few military masons and have some in my extended family. I never saw nor heard of any special treatment being given. In fact, I often saw the opposite - masons held each other to higher moral and ethical standards than they did their fellow members in the service.

I have no doubt somewhere a mason has promoted someone because that someone was a mason. The organization is too large and vast to reasonably believe everyone is exhibiting masonic conduct as they should. However, this is not in my observation a pattern and those joining for this reason are going to be severely disappointed.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mastermind77
Average amsons are nothing to be feared, nice men who do mostly good, even though misguided. Sadly they agree to be willing deceived until they reach a certain level. They may as well play a video game to level up. because for what they gain, they gain within a mental construct created by a faulty and fallen creature, man. And though they report they gain life benefits. They do or do not know that they are being used like the taliban uses families to hide behind. My old man was asked, I am not sure if he joined or not. But he still defends them but believs some things ai try to convey to him. Most parents are short witted and dont like intense conversation with there kids that outwit or change them..call it stubborness i guess.

The problem with this is that there are no high level or low level masons (my name is sarcasm, just in case no one got the joke). I am always fascinated how people have over the years always made this same claim - and yet I have never observed anyone being able to offer evidence for the claim.

Its so strange because anyone who looked at masonry for even a short time would quickly realize "levels" goes against the entire system. There is a reason why masons meet on the level. Further, if anyone looked at the lodge system, it would become obvious that the structure of lodges makes any sort of "ruling upper levels" impossible. Every grand lodge is separate and has no authority over any other. How exactly can there be these boogey-man upper level masons in such a structure?

The response, of course, is to claim that this is not whats really going on with the structure. The problem is that if everyone is being lied to and there is some grand hierarchy no one knows about, how exactly can us "lower level masons" (whatever that is) be manipulated for nefarious purposes? It doesn't work very well if my response to any masonic "order" from such a hierarchy would be laughed at by me and every other mason.

Interestingly, everyone who makes these fantastical claims without evidence always was either "invited" or has a family member that was. This is also fascinating because it goes against yet again everything that masons actually do.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join