It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mod Bias In Flagging Threads As HOAX

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by CO Vet

Home » Blogs » Politics » Political Animal

You are lying sir. As seen by this screen-shot, you are purposefully presenting false information in an effort to support your shoddy case.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mister.old.school

Originally posted by CO Vet

Home » Blogs » Politics » Political Animal

You are lying sir. As seen by this screen-shot, you are purposefully presenting false information in an effort to support your shoddy case.

1) Place your mouse pointer over "Political Animal" towards the top of the page (Home » Politics » Political Animal)
2) Single click on the left button on your mouse.
3) Look towards the top of the page where it says "Home » Blogs » Politics » Political Animal"

Glad to see how fast you can call people false names. Goes to prove.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Well I'm staff, but I doubt anyone is going to mistake me for "leaning left"...

Not in a million years

Semper

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Well I'm staff, but I doubt anyone is going to mistake me for "leaning left"...

Not in a million years

Semper

That's for sure!!

Personally I think the mods and staff go out of their way to allow conflicting views to be heard. Sort of like this one.

and I have received my share of the red flag reprimands.

[edit on 9-9-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
So ...... no coincidence that your last thread was flagged as a potential hoax then !!! I may be wrong but it does sound like your a little sore because of that judgement by the mods.......

personally i've been on here for quite a few years (only joined to post last year) and from what i've seen the mods do a damn good job of maintaining order and flagging threads as hoax etc..... If it wasnt for the mods doing their sterling work then this place really wouldnt be worth visiting every day.

just my 2 cents

[edit on 9/9/2008 by scepticsRus]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Given that theres over 50 of us, and we're from all over the world, and a large chunk of us cannot even vote in the US Elections - and those who are eligible come from all different political persuasions - I'd just like to take this opportunity to tell you that your assumption here is a complete and utter load of rubbish.

Perhaps you should look at this story:
www.abc.net.au...

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

No disrespect intended, but dont a lot of bs threads here not have a source at all?

Just because someone posts his take of an article on the internet, does not make him a hoaxer. Maybe the person that wrote the article, but not the member.

We're conspiracy theorists. There is plenty of crap out there that makes it way to ATS. Are the people that post the threads on it hoaxers? No. They are just choosing to believe what they want to believe. Just like the rest of us.

I saw his thread. Thats not a hoax. David Bieniek's crap was a hoax. Come on.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I didn't see one mention of the mods political opinions in that story. Was this supposed to link to ATS Moderators want Barack Obama to be president?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by round_eyed_dog

If you cannot connect the dots to the statement I quoted and that article, then there is no sense in trying to explain it to you. Have a nice day.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by baked

And if you post something as your opinion, it is always and forever allowed...Or a personal experience, dream, thought etc

You get the idea...

It is when you post something that you are claiming has happened as fact and then posting source material to support it; then when it is found out to be false with supportive facts as to the reason it was reported.... Well what is it except a hoax?

An opinion can't be referenced or investigated, an allegation of factual occurrence always can.

I don't personally assume a thread that has been found out to be a hoax is the fault of the thread author. In fact many times I have seen something discovered as a hoax and the OP agreeing with the findings.

I have personally posted something that I thought was fact and had the members "set me straight" on more than one occasion. It was simply a situation in which I was wrong. Happens...

Semper

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join