It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oprah disses Palin, so Florida GOP women boycott Oprah

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Women are beginning to show their displeasure with Oprah's blatantly partisan politics:

The Florida Federation of Republican Women, miffed that Oprah Winfrey refuses to invite Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin on her show, will be boycotting the show and cancelling their subscriptions to Oprah's "O" magazine, the group announced today.

"Women in Florida helped build Oprah into the icon she is today,'' said Linda Ivell, president of the federation. "With our Republican sisters across the nation, we have collectively enjoyed her entertaining, informative and female-driven programming as we raised our families and became more empowered as women. We are deeply disappointed in Ms. Winfrey's decision to sit out the greatest political moment in the history of women since suffrage."

She said Winfrey's decision is "an abuse of her power –gained on the backs of our patronage of her advertising empire."

miamiherald.typepad.com...

It is Oprah's right to choose her guests, but she is a fool for thinking that all her viewers are politically aligned with her, especially when a dynamic, popular woman like Sarah Palin hs entered the race. People want to hear from her!

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Yes, she's got a nice a$$ buy popular and dynamic? maybe because she has good marketing since being chosen as his running mate. From what i have read most alaskans dont like her much and have been quite close to having recall since she was elected governor

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
oprah will have her comeuppance when her sponsors start withdrawing their support from her show. She's obviously biased, and her credibility has taken a steep nosedive. It'll be funny when she finds herself sitting on the outside of the talk show circuit looking in.

Oprah has gotten too big for her britches literally.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by pexx421

Originally posted by pexx421
From what i have read most alaskans dont like her much and have been quite close to having recall since she was elected governor

You are sorely confused. Sarah Palin has the highest approval rating of any US governor. Either provide a link for your allegation or admit you made it up.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Yes, she's got a nice a$$ buy popular and dynamic? maybe because she has good marketing since being chosen as his running mate. From what i have read most alaskans dont like her much and have been quite close to having recall since she was elected governor

What her backside has to do with anything I don't know, but I'd like to see some of your reading materials that say "most Alaskans don't like her". Can you provide a link?

Here's one from Politifacts, that most people seem to believe is balanced source.

"Governor Palin is the most popular governor in the country."

[edit on 9-9-2008 by LLoyd45]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Pexx,
Nice try at throwing gas on a fire but all you've done is fuel our cause. Even the MSM is starting to get the message that you Obamaites are treading deep water and the rip tide is comming! Your lame try at foolish misuse of information thats patently WRONG, only shows the depravity and fear that this great lady embues in your party. Good luck in the election, A landslide is comming your way and theres no where to run!!

Zindo

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Maybe you should also mention that Oprah has stated that at this point, she does not want to have her show used as a political tool by ANY of the candidates for POTUS of VEEP, so it's not just Palin she doesn't want on the show, it's all 4 of them. She said she would be happy to have any of them on AFTER the election.

Here's the direct quote from Oprah..

“The item in today’s Drudge Report is categorically untrue. There has been absolutely no discussion about having Sarah Palin on my show. At the beginning of this presidential campaign when I decided that I was going to take my first public stance in support of a candidate, I made the decision not to use my show as a platform for any of the candidates. I agree that Sarah Palin would be a fantastic interview, and I would love to have her on after the campaign is over.” – Oprah Winfrey, September 5, 2008

From here

[edit on 9-9-2008 by sensfan]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Then why did she have only Obama on her show 3 differant times before the DNC???? Sounds like maybe its damage controll to me!!

Zindo

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

From what i have read most alaskans dont like her much

BS ALERT! Dead wrong.
EVEN WORSE .. someone gave you a star for that error! :shk:

Originally posted by sensfan
she does not want to have her show used as a political tool by ANY of the candidates

I'm glad you brought that up sensfan.

This is soooooooooo lame! In years past Oprah has had BOTH sides of the election process on. I remember the Bush43 interview when he was asked what his favorite gift was that he got and he (ignorantly) said 'I dunno' .. a tie?' and oprah had to remind him of some family heirloom cufflinks that he got.

She doesn't want her show used as a political tool? Baaaaaaaah!

She's endorsed a candidate. Her website discuss' it. She has said in many interviews that she endorses Obama. But now she doesn't want to give the opposition any airtime - unlike years past when she actually interviewed both sides.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Are you from Alaska? Or you are just making this up?

Because I am a former resident of Alaska and guess what pexx421: You are WRONG

As far as the topic. I boycott her because she is annoying, obnoxious and just boring. Palin, no Palin...couldnt pay me, a woman, to watch her show.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Oprah pushing Obama on her website -
www.oprah.com...

Winfrey has had Obama on her program two previous times, in January 2005 and again in the fall of 2006 shortly before he announced his presidential candidacy.

Oprah had been calling for Obama to run for POTUS before he was on her show in 2006.

I call B.S. on her 'not wanting to politicize' her show. She's been politicizing herself and the show and the website for years.

ON A GOOD NOTE - if those Florida women are boycotting Oprah and her self-serving mindless new-age drivel, then their collective IQs will raise up a whole lot!

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by pexx421

Well, from what I've read she has a 60% - 80% approval rating in AK.

For a politician that's pretty good seeing as how Congress is pushing a whopping 9% approval rating and the other 91% of us havent started dragging them out of their D.C. offices and lopping their heads off in the street.

ballotbox.governing.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

ON A GOOD NOTE - if those Florida women are boycotting Oprah and her self-serving mindless new-age drivel, then their collective IQs will raise up a whole lot!

Couldn't agree with you more on this point....I can't stand her show..it's all mindless drivel as far as I'm concerned.

But, it's her show, she can have whoever she wants on it. Not an issue as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
[she can have whoever she wants on it.

Absolutely.

And we can all call her on her BS when we want!

Makes life fun, eh?

BTW - HOCKEY SEASON IS HERE!

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I understand people at the Oprah camp are mixed about this.
Obviously this is extremely bad marketing not to have Palin on before the election and dangerous to get the gun totin' women upset.
Oprah's true colors are showing, no pun intended.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
If I was Oprah I'd invite John McCain on the show ASAP, afterall he is the Presidential candidate.

Peace

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Oprah is a chick 's show. The women wantto see and hear from Sarah.

Oprah is misguided.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   

BTW - HOCKEY SEASON IS HERE!

And it's about time!

GO SENS GO!

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
McCain goes on Oprah and Palin goes on The View (another chick show), then everybody's happy.

I'm a solutions oriented dude.

Peace

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

You’re are talking from the seat of your pants and grasping at nothing just like your guy Obama. try living here in Washington where the dumb bitch we have as governor is taxing us to death and steals election when she clearly lost twice in recounts yet went to court and won that way. Sarah Palin, was never close to being recalled I have family up there and they are going to miss her as governor

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join