It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul to Run For President! [UPDATE: He Will Not]

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
this is the real October surprise.I am surprised that no one posted this.

Potential run as an independent

On September 5, 2008, the Constitution Party of Montana removed Chuck Baldwin from their presidential ticket, replacing him with Ron Paul for president and Michael Peroutka for vice president.[146] [link to www.ballot-access.org]

The same day, Paul made a brief press statement: "On the heels of his historic three-day rally in Minneapolis that drew over 12,000 attendees, Congressman Ron Paul will make a major announcement next week in Washington at the National Press Club."[147] [link to www.reason.com]

The congressman has apparently invited Chuck Baldwin, Bob Barr, Cynthia McKinney, and Ralph Nader to the press conference, leading some to believe that they will endorse Paul running for president on the ticket of either the Constitution, Libertarian or other third party.[147][148] [link to www.economicpolicyjournal.com]

from glp
Rumor has it that several minor partys are going to merge into one party to support Ron Paul . The candidates from the merging partys will attend the Ron Paul news conference to pledge their support.

should i say owned,pwned and boned?

stay tuned for sept 10 for the big announcement

[edit on 9-9-2008 by greenjuice]

[edit on 11-9-2008 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Well there goes the 10% hate Bush young fanatics that Obama would have got. McCain is in for sure now.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Not so sure about that. If my memory serves me well I believe it was the Republican who wanted Ron Paul to drop out of the race. I remember the press constantly asking him if he was running third party. You see, they knew that if he did he would take away some of the Republicans from McCain. No doubt Obama will take a hit but I am sure McCain will take a bigger one.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
90% of the country doesn't even know that Nader and Barr are even running. So I don't think that their endorsement would change things very much. Ron Paul has my vote, but if he is still unable to generate any media support, my vote will be nothing more than a symbolic gesture.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Wow
Ron Paul for President

Christ what a breath of fresh air that would be. Certainly a brave step in the correct direction.
Cheers for this
Peace
Kirky

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Yup
Heres to symbolic gestures
Cheers
Kirky

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight
Well there goes the 10% hate Bush young fanatics that Obama would have got. McCain is in for sure now.

That 10% that you say hate Bush are 10% of Americans that care about the direction that this current criminal administration has taken the country. Not to mention what they have done to this countries Constitution. For the first time in my life during this administration I was ashamed of my country.I voted for him the first time in the belief that he would bring respectability back to the White House after Clinton's blatant misuses of a cigar in the oval office. I along with many other Americans that voted for him feel betrayed. I love my country and want to see us back to being a country people of the world could look up to with admiration not lies. This is excellent news to me. Call me a wacko,Ron Paulite,Ron Paul fanatic, call me whatever; I call myself part of the un-brainwashed. If more people stop and actually listen to what the man has to say then maybe...just maybe this country might have a chance at surviving the next 100 years with out the NWO.

And just for the record I don't hate Bush ....I hate his policies....In my opinion Bush is just a figure head.....no one in charge of a country could be that stupid and meet with dignataries from other countries and get anything accomplished.

[edit on 9/9/2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by walkinghomer
Not so sure about that. If my memory serves me well I believe it was the Republican who wanted Ron Paul to drop out of the race. I remember the press constantly asking him if he was running third party. You see, they knew that if he did he would take away some of the Republicans from McCain. No doubt Obama will take a hit but I am sure McCain will take a bigger one.

Cheers

What are you kidding? Obama's whole platform is that McCain would be a third term for Bush. All of the people that will vote for Ron Paul would have voted for Obama or not at all.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SectionEight

Maybe not all of them, but certainly a lot of them. I would be curious to see how many Paul supporters decided to change to McCain after the nomination? I doubt there were many.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
90% of the country doesn't even know that Nader and Barr are even running. So I don't think that their endorsement would change things very much. Ron Paul has my vote, but if he is still unable to generate any media support, my vote will be nothing more than a symbolic gesture.

I guess a bunch of us here wound be making symbolic gestures.

I'd like to see what would happen if he indeed got a majority of the popular vote...all hell would break loose I'm betting.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ATruGod

Well that won't happen but his patriotic service to get John McCain elected is much appreciated.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Hey it would be great if ATS did a fake election to see the numbers just from ATS of who would vote for who. All anonymous of course.

McCain
Obama
Paul

I think it would be great to see what happens.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by greenjuice

This makes me want to actually vote now.
Obama and McCain just arnt the persons I want to see in the white house.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Well If Ron Paul really does run we'll see who the REAL Conservatives are. There are polenty here on ATS that SAY they're Conservatives but back a candidate that panders to the Conservatives but is anything but. For those of us that want to see the Constitution placed ahead of the interests of big business and unbridled political ambition this could be a welcome turn of events.

There may still be hope afterall.

You say you want a Revolution?

[edit on 9-9-2008 by jtma508]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Would you say Ron Paul is a better representative for the Republicans/Conservatives or for Libertarians

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I wouldn't go that far just yet. The many that 'hate' Bush are borderline Republicans. They didn't want to vote for Obama anyway and would have voted for McCain but now will be swinging to Paul. I believe, if he actually can get into the debates like Perot did (which was killed in the next election by Clinton and Dole. They worked to remove any other parties from attending which should be against the law. We will have to see.) Perot got quite a few votes. I think that Paul could get quite a few more. If we TRULY want change in this country then this is the move to make.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
This makes me want to actually vote now.

I hate to admit it, but I agree with this statement. I dread going to the booth in November.

I also agree with the earlier poster who suggested an unofficial ATS election. Why not?

And why doesn't ATS have a forum for polls like other forums do? I can think of about 62 polls I'd have posted since I joined. Besides, polls are fun.

Sleuth

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
i had a difficult time getting any OP links to work...

so i finally got to the Ron Paul blog site that haS the 10 Sept press release

here: www.campaignforliberty.com...

there are 203 comments last i looked...
the most important one to me was by scott the 19th comment which
tell us that the 'Press Club ballroom' at 10:00am on 10 Sept '08...
is all booked up --- and Ron Paul is not occuping the room for a confrence or press statement as rumor has it.

next, its most likely RP will only be 'endorsing' Barr & the other guy

like i say, i couldn't get the other links in the OP to come up, so i just don't know where all these Naders et al are joining together in supporting RP.

+15 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by walkinghomer

Would you say Ron Paul is a better representative for the Republicans/Conservatives or for Libertarians

None of the above.
Ron Paul represents the 18 to 25 age college student or the kid that lives in his moms basement who hates Bush with a passion, and has Che guerva posters on his wall just like Obama does in his campaign headquarters.

Can you be a bigger troll?

seriously?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join