It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mufon report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I usually check the Mufon reports just ot see if there are any patterns or interesting sightings. If I see one from NC I pay attention to it to see if it was close by. This one sounded good and has a good video attached. The video is NOT taken by the witness but he did say it was what he saw.

"I was driving back from my cousin's house on Thursday, august 4th, 2008 at around 11 o clock and I saw this light in the sky. The area I was driving in is a rural area, the nearest town is about 3 miles away, and that town only has 2000 people in it probably. At first I'm like, "oh, that's probably a plane"; but since I've always been intrigued with lights in the skies, I watched it as I drove home. As I'm looking at it, I realize the light doesn't look like a plane at all, because it's shimmering like a star would, and seems to be shifting colors between white, blue, purple and green. I could tell it wasn't a star however, because it was bigger and brighter than anything else in the sky, even the north star; and also it was moving side to side slowly. So I stopped my car and watched it, and the light kept getting bigger and the light looks even more strange the closer it gets, it was probably the weirdest light I've ever seen, I wish describing it could do it justice... so I'm like "I wanna know what this is, I'm going to go follow this thing." So I turn my car around and follow it, which was a distance of about a mile, and maybe 2 minutes; and I get onto a side road and start to realize that the light is close, like real close; like maybe 100 feet in the air at most, probably lower. I get within probably 50 feet of it, and stop my car. It just hangs there in the sky, not moving. From my angle it seemed to be rather small (compared to other accounts of triangle-craft I've heard after I witnessed this), somewhere between the size of a military jet and a Concorde jet. So I just looked at it, searching for a rational explanation, but couldn't think of any. It had three lights on it, one on the "front" that was the bright shifting light I saw before, and two dimmer lights that form a triangle (and from what I could tell, the craft looked like a triangle). The lights were all white (as opposed to an aircraft which has a green and red light on each wing so other planes can know what direction it's heading). Then it starts moving real slow away from me, and just disappears as it got about half a mile away. From what I could tell it had no sound, which an aircraft or helicopter would being that low, and it also moved too slow to keep itself aloft like that if it were an aircraft. The entire time my heart was racing, as I knew this was not something that could be explained by any justification that I could think of at the time. (I was actively trying to "debunk" what I was seeing as it was happening) I also have seen a "green fireball" years before that zoomed over my house at roughly 50 to 100 feet. There is the possibility it was a meteor, but seeing as it was so close to the ground and yet still roughly the size of an RV, it seems there would've been an impact somewhere close that would be reported. Since then, I have watched the skies for any other signs of things I couldn't explain, and on the night in question; it definitely paid off!
(I have included this link to a video I found a few days later when trying to research what I had seen, this is exactly what I saw on the night in question!) Triangle UFO"

new topics

join