It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Secret killing program key in Iraq

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Secret killing program key in Iraq, Woodward says CNN

The program -- which Woodward compares to the World War II era Manhattan Project that developed the atomic bomb -- must remain secret for now or it would "get people killed," Woodward said Monday on CNN's Larry King Live.

"It is a wonderful example of American ingenuity solving a problem in war, as we often have," Woodward said.

The top secret operations, he said, will "some day in history ... be described to peoples' amazement."

There has been a lot of advancement towards remote transcranial stimulation by exploiting the Frey Effect, and Sony does have a mind control patent. Take note of all the recent brain tumors in celebs/politicos too.

Could it be: Real-Life Mind Control Assassins?

[edit on 9-9-2008 by Regenmacher]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
This is very interesting and intriguing.. Apparently the terrorists know how they're doing it and it's only a secret to the public - would that be so that they can use it against us in the future? Or maybe they already are...

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Maybe it's a lethal version of the active denial system accompanied with some sort of thermal imaging to see through structures.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenmacher

What exactly are you suggesting? That they actually use this? Because the whole article relies on the writers imagination and therefore becomes one man's speculation.

Real-Life Mind Control Assassins?

Today we have the ability to directly implant psychotropic devices into the human skull to create a computer interface in the brain. The same effects can also be employed through the use of encephalograms (EEG), that allow interaction between the devices and the brain that occur without physical implantation. Imagine then, what this same technology could be used for if it was being directed in a negative manner, such as forcing human subjects to perform certain crimes? A subject controlled in such a manner would literally have no choice but to obey. And then after the crime, his memory banks could be wiped clean so he would not even be aware of the event which had just taken place. In the trade it is known as "Hypnotic Dissolution of Memory" or RHIC-HDOM. It would also be possible for the mind-controlled subject to commit suicide, a failsafe way to effectively wiping out any evidence of his having been programmed, provided any implants he had were dissolvable. What better method of disposing of an agent who has finished his or her usefulness than by having this agent self-terminate?

This whole summary by the author takes what he learned about different things that were declassified and molds them into his own scenario with words like "Imagine that...", "It would also be possible..." and (my favorite) "...his memory banks could be wiped clean...".

I agree with him too, that this could all be possible. But, as usual, there's no hard evidence saying that it is used today, currently, in the War on Terror.
A lot of "could bes", "what ifs" and "just imagines" are not conclusive.

But, yes, I think it's possible.

Cuhail

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
maybe thats what theyre doin... making the "islamic extremists" "self-terminate" .. i love political correctness and euphemisms..

gah

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
please...this is probably just the predator drone program. predators hover above areas where bad guys hang out. when they leave a building and are identified they are shot with hellfire missles. operations can be run remotely from cia or the pentagon in the us. of course to an aging bob woodward, all of this stuff is "manhattan project".

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The article does spark an interest in the theory that society is in the hands of a few mind controllers.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I watched a little bit of this on Larry King last night. Most of the interview was about the Bush administration and the surge, but this little tidbit of info is intriguing. What new kind of technology could they be using to locate and kill terrorist leaders?

I would say that one possibility could be the use of small flying surveillance devices to locate and track them, then send in a missile or something.

Now the question should also be, why have they waited so long to use it? And why not use it to find Bin Laden?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Here is the jist - and I know of this first hand. It's called 360 degree visual persistence technology and most of it grew out of stuff used in Vegas. Basically there are cameras in drones, high-points, and on the ground in Bagdad constantly recording everything, but not at a full frame rate, and only when there is 'change' detected. When a bombing or incident occurs - they are able to back-track the entire visual framework of where the 'bad guy' car came from. Then they send in a kill team. This is not science fiction and most of it is not that high-tech. It is just possible now because of the extreme low cost of cameras and storage media. Some of the admitted high-tech stuff is the 360 degree wrap-around effect of piecing together these images.
An alternate idea brought up in a think-tank meeting I attended years ago was to start putting GPS trackers on as many civilian cars as possible, using intimidation/paying garages/gas-stations to plant them. Same idea: back-track when there is a boom, kill everybody. Also small-range alternate bluetooth has been suggested but is impractical.
--The One

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

seams to me something from a scifi movie
www.imdb.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I'm convinced that whatever this technology is, it probably involves nanotechnology. Maybe something so small, it can hardly be seen with the naked eye. Like flying micro-robots (flies) or something. Maybe they can be used not only for spying and tracking people, but also to conduct tasks like poisoning people.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

I'm convinced that whatever this technology is, it probably involves nanotechnology. Maybe something so small, it can hardly be seen with the naked eye. Like flying micro-robots (flies) or something. Maybe they can be used not only for spying and tracking people, but also to conduct tasks like poisoning people.

Not very unlikely. check this CIA recruitment video, being sent at times where children sit and watch TV; Recruitment ad from CIA

A microfly with a injectorneedle and a solution of ricin or something, could give the victim a cardiac arrest. Problem solved.
Earlier these hobby-toys where only that, because they needed a heavy battery. I guess time has passed the ancient battery technology now.

[edit on 9-9-2008 by Ulvetann]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
It's a killing program. We hired Al Queda to kill Al Queda. It doesn't go much beyond that. We pay people to kill other people. Simple.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
National Security Adviser Acknowledges Existence of Secret Killing Program AP

Stephen Hadley, currently in the position of national security adviser, confirms that the secret killing program in Iraq truly is a new strategy, but he takes exception to the conclusion reached in Bob Woodward's new book, namely that the cessation of violence in that region should be primarily credited to the secret killing program rather than the recent surge hailed as the Bush Administration's magic bullet in the fight against terror.

Bob Woodward on 60 Minutes: Top Secret Weapon in Iraq

Microwave Weapons

US Special Operations Command - Continuous Clandestine
Tagging, Tracking, and Locating (CTTL)
-PDF
The Voice of God Weapon Returns Wired
Secret Particle Weapons In Iraq -3 parts Google Video

Recent related news?
Obama: Surge Succeeded Beyond ‘Wildest Dreams’ Fox
NKorea's Kim may have suffered stroke: US intelligence AFP

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Also in the interview Woodward mentioned building clearings and how the US was clearing hundreds maybe thousands of buildings and Al Queda was then re-entering the buildings. This seems unlikely that this hasnt been used as an opportunity to set up undetectable listening devises in these buildings and throughout populated areas of Iraq. This and any other satellite or new tech for surveying every foot of populated areas

There are 25million people and how many structures do you think Iraq has? Our computers can sort out trillions of bits of info per second. Program the computers hundreds/thousands of ways to talk about attacks in Arabic and other languages, even code speech. Then tie in ways for drones and nanotech to attack at a moments notice.

Dont you think this is more plausible than mind control...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Many good ideas here as to what the program is. Here is another one. When the U.S. captures A.Q. or insurgents, they implant them with a tracking chip sorta a RFID chip with extended range capabilities, then end up releasing the person. That way they know the whereabouts of person and can set up surveillance when they go back to talk to their superiors. Follow the small Bad Guy to the Big Bad Guy, then take action.

Just an idea.

It's probably a combination of multiple ways of tracking communications and movement.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I do like the nanotech ideas (as it pertains to this thread). Something akin to the robot "bugs" . Add some GPS tracking technology and a missile and voila!

Fly the "bug" in and locate the target terrorist. Fire the missile and have it use the GPS location the "Bug" emits and just wait for the boom.

If I can think of this kinda stuff, why can't the military scientists?

Cuhail

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Maybe he's implying space-based weaponry...'rods from god'

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join