It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Minister: Ahmadinejad kidnap 'a possibility'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Israel Minister: Ahmadinejad kidnap 'a possibility'

www.news.com.au

AN Israeli Cabinet minister involved in the operation to kidnap Nazi mastermind Adolf Eichmann says the same tactic could be used to bring Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to trial.

Rafi Eitan said Mr Ahmadinejad, who is aggressively pursuring nuclear technology and has repeatedly called for Israel to be wiped off the map, had to be brought for trial in The Hague.

"A man like Ahmadinejad who threatens genocide has to be brought for trial in The Hague," Mr Eitan said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Who the hell does he think he is? We've already got Team America World Police trying to run the world... we don't need the deputy to start acting holier-than-thou on who should be trialled!

More useless sabre-rattling and trash-talking from a burnt-out 'politician' who's clearly beyond his functional use-by date.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I dont see the point quite frankly!

If they do that, Iran will bomb the living daylights out of them anyhow. Kidnapping a head of state is most definitely an act of war!

Why not take out the middle man and attack if they are that way inclined. (I dont think they should... Iran is a powerful country and would be more than a match for Israel).

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
How do these idiots get into positions of power so easily? They're going to kidnap a foreign President and try him in in an international court for what ...talking smack? I think the court would be more interested in Israel's kidnapping of a foreign head of state and the civilian deathtolls in the Palestinian and Lebanese conflicts, not to mention their record of human rights abuses in the Gaza strip.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
The quote -

"A man like Ahmadinejad who threatens genocide has to be brought for trial in The Hague," Mr Eitan said.

I beleive is incorrect. Wasnt it documented that Ahmadinejad said, "If Israel were to attack us, then we'd wipe them off the map".

The western media has twisted the original words for their own propaganda use.

And criticising a man who "may" threaten genocide by an Israeli cabinet minister, of the country who does practise genocide against the Palestinian people is really the pot calling the kettle black is it not?

How short the memopries of the Israelis are, for the nation born of genocide has become the one who persecutes minorites in its own lands now......

In my books, they dont have a right to an opinion on foreign matters until they can clean up their own mess in their own backyard and lead by example!

Yes, I know, all you zionist lovers will jump on now and criticize my comments, but I have a right to free thought and speech and until they take that away from me I stand by my comments!

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

simple answer to that is

they have fools like us that vote them in

on topic
Israel just asking to be bitch slapped
by someone as usual

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I agree to the Iranian President facing trial..

ONLY if Bush goes first.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by xbranscombex

Yeah, right... what's the chances of seeing any Western leader on trial?

They're untouchable, as much as we hate it.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Iran demands U.N. response to Israeli 'threats'

UNITED NATIONS, Sept 9 (Reuters) - Iran demanded on Tuesday a "resolute and clear response" from the United Nations to what it called dangerous threats against it by Israel, and said Tehran would not hesitate to respond to any attack.

A letter from Iran's U.N. Ambassador Mohammad Khazaee to U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon described comments by two Israeli ministers as "vicious threats ... in blatant violation of the most fundamental principles of international law."

Israel, which is thought to have the Middle East's only atomic arsenal, believes Iran could have a nuclear bomb by 2010, a development it says would threaten the existence of the Jewish state.

Khazaee said remarks attributed to Pensioners Affairs Minister Rafi Eitan by German magazine Der Spiegel this week "yet again put on display the aggressive and terrorist nature of the Israeli regime."

Der Spiegel quoted Eitan as saying in an interview that while the era of Israel hunting down former Nazi officials abroad was over, "that's not to say that such operations are a thing of the past."

Asked to explain, he was quoted as saying, "It could very well be that a leader such as Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad suddenly finds himself before the International Criminal Court in The Hague."

Last week, Defense Minister Ehud Barak said in an interview with Al Jazeera television that Israel was serious about using "any option" if diplomacy did not curb Iran's nuclear program.

"These dangerous threats of resorting to criminal acts ... require a resolute and clear response on the part of the United Nations, particularly the Security Council," Khazaee said.

"Iran ... in accordance with its inherent right under Article 51 of the Charter of the United Nations, would not hesitate to act in self-defense to respond to any attack against the Iranian nation and to take appropriate defensive measures to protect itself, its people and its officials."

The Security Council has passed three rounds of sanctions against Iran because of its refusal to stop uranium enrichment, which the West fears is aimed at making atomic bombs but Tehran says is solely for power generation.

(AlertNet)

[edit on 9-9-2008 by chips]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by chips

Israel, which is thought to have the Middle East's only atomic arsenal, believes Iran could have a nuclear bomb by 2010, a development it says would threaten the existence of the Jewish state.

Doesn't the fact that Israel, being armed with nuclear weapons, also threatens Iran?

It's tit-for-tat garbage on a world scale.

top topics

join