It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin stance on abortion: Rape isn't an excuse.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacDonagh

When it came to her daughter, she said, "I would choose life."

Well, what do the folk here think of that?

She would CHOOSE life. She said it. She would make the choice.

What do I think of it? I think it's fantastic that she has the choice and was free to make the choice.
I support her choice.

Any questions?

[edit on 9-9-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Jamie, I think the problem is, I dont view it as life in the first 8 weeks. After the first 8 weeks, I view it as life. Before the 8 weeks, I view it as a process equal to sperm fertilizing the egg. Just me belief.

I am not against the death penalty because I want to save the life of a wrongdoer. I want to save the life of the estimated 10% of all people on death row who are innocent.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I have to agree with Sarah Palin on this. I do not agree with abortion except for saving the life of the mother...and even then only after all other medical possiblities have been taken.

There is (IMO) never a reason or excuse to kill an unborn child...makes no difference at what stage the pregnancy is at...one day or 5 weeks, or any other time. It is murder of an innocent baby.

However a child is conceived, that child is innocent and deserves the right to be born and live. If it was up to me abortion would be outlawed and any doctors caught preforming illegals abortions would be jailed and charged with murder along with the mother.

Marilyn~

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marilyn
I have to agree with Sarah Palin on this. I do not agree with abortion except for saving the life of the mother...and even then only after all other medical possiblities have been taken.

There is (IMO) never a reason or excuse to kill an unborn child...makes no difference at what stage the pregnancy is at...one day or 5 weeks, or any other time. It is murder of an innocent baby.

However a child is conceived, that child is innocent and deserves the right to be born and live. If it was up to me abortion would be outlawed and any doctors caught preforming illegals abortions would be jailed and charged with murder along with the mother.

Marilyn~

I understand your point of view. Do you honestly think it would be right, if you had the power, for YOU to make that choice for every single woman who ever gets pregnant from rape or any other means?

Also, then on another note that has been brought up, what about the death penalty? This is what kills me. Many religious people will get all up in arms about abortion as murder and yet when a person is put to death many are among the first to praise it. Do you support the death penalty?

For the very REAL fact that if even ONE person on death row is innocent then it means that the system and ALL who support it are responsible for that persons murder. Here's the best part, it has already happened many times. After a person is put to death, and in some cases before, evidence is brought forward that clears them. If you support the death penalty then you must be willing to accept responsibility for the murder of these innocent 'adults'.

You see how this argument can go? It's a personal opinion and we must make sure that when we make a personal opinion that we try to understand how it affects everyone else. Not everyone shares your opinion. As a matter of fact, I believe more people stand for 'choice' than for 'no choice'. We cannot push our opinions on the masses. We can only give it.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

dariousg...

Right for ME to make that decision? Probably not, but it doesn't change the way I feel about it. I did state in my post that it was my opinion and I stand by that.

As for the Death Penalty...yes I am for it, I know our legal system is far from being perfect (very far), but it is what it is and it is all we have for now. Innocent people have been put to death due to errors in our flawed legal system, but how many millions of children have been killed based on a woman deciding they don't want to have a baby?

In my opinion, the only choice any woman should have is to either have the baby and put it up for adoption if she doesn't want to raise it (as in the case of rape) or learn to keep her legs closed if she is using abortion as a means of birth control. I don't know the numbers, but I would be willing to bet there are a lot more repeat abortions due to just not wanting to have a baby than there are abortions due to rape.

Just my opinion
Marilyn~

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The problem with Libs is that they would much rather kill the baby, and at the same time, let the rapist go free.

Oh BTW, Biden says life begins at conception

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Well, as a woman who actually does has experience on this topic. I still support her opinion on the matter....but I also understand why people dont

I also am one who does not believe that a baby inside of me is MY body, but a completely individual human in which I dont have the right to take its life. I treat that living human in me as a separate person who I have to be careful in what I eat and how I take care of myself.

I chose adoption MANY years ago as a result of this very topic. And I have survived mentally, emotionally and physically. Was it easy? NOPE. But I survived and many others do too.

I believe the issue is that pro-lifers belive that the unborn baby is NOT part of the woman's body. They believe a woman can get tattoos, plastic surgery, piercings or whatever on her body, as its her body.....but that baby.....is not her body, its an individual person. This I believe is the root of the pro-life argument.

As far as the death penalty goes. NOT even in the same ballpark IMO.

[edit on 9/9/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Any women should be able to get an abortion for any reason. Its not Sarah,McCain, or anyone else business or body. I hate the abortion issue, A women can make up her mind she doesnt need anyone telling her what to do. I know abortions seem really bad, but its better than hearing about the child later being abused, locked in a room all its life, and growing up with no love. Growing up in home with no love creates a non-feeling youth who could be a rapist, serial killer, or murder. (I know they could also grow up being a functional person in society) Yes adoption is an option but how many actually go thru with that. Not many........................

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
Jamie, I think the problem is, I dont view it as life in the first 8 weeks. After the first 8 weeks, I view it as life. Before the 8 weeks, I view it as a process equal to sperm fertilizing the egg. Just me belief.

I am not against the death penalty because I want to save the life of a wrongdoer. I want to save the life of the estimated 10% of all people on death row who are innocent.

Cool, thanks for the thoughtful response. This is one of those areas where I can understand both sides of the position. You convey your thoughts on this very well.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
ADOPTION is the better option for both the child and the mother.

Not meaning to get off topic,

but do you support gay adoptions?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

I believe the issue is that pro-lifers belive that the unborn baby is NOT part of the woman's body.

But of course it is anatomically... hence the growing fetus/baby is able to receive the sustenace to do so.

I believe there is a cord designating this point.

They believe a woman can get tattoos, plastic surgery, piercings or whatever on her body, as its her body.....but that baby.....is not her body, its an individual person.

So do they also believe the pregnant woman can drink, smoke, take speed, etc? Since it's her body and the fetus is a seperate body altogether?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by walkinghomer
What's next masturbation will be illegal?

Haha, get charged with 16 million counts of murder for droppin' one on the carpet. Evil Angel Inc gets charged as an accessory

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I wonder what it would be like having to look at the offspring of the rapist every day, and what would the mother tell her child when he asks who his daddy is? "Your daddy was one of 4 thugs that dragged me down a back alley, beat me senseless and raped me repeatedly." No, I don't think I'd want to tell my kid that.

Anyone ever notice how many of these pro-lifers approve of adoption, but have no adopted kid of their own? She had FIVE kids and yammers on about "life," but couldn't adopt ONE child?

She won't get my vote.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I agree, it's hard to explain to your kid that the reason they are alive is because daddy was a criminal who committed a crime against mommy's body.
Rape is TERRIBLE and no woman should have to birth a baby and care for it, when she did not want one and did not do anything wrong.

I would rather abort the baby put inside me by a criminal than "murder it."
What if behavior is genetic and the baby grows into a rapist?

Plus, there are so many kids who NEED to be adopted due to welfare and abuse issues, why put another one out there who doesn't need to be?

This whole abortion issue is totally religious, and the country has no right to regulate it. My mother was a midwife before Roe V Wade, and she remembers all the illegal abortions that took place. Do you? Do you remember the surgeries going on in motel rooms? Revoking Roe V Wade isn't going to stop abortion, it's just going to kill a lot more women AND babies.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

Originally posted by MacDonagh
a child that never should have been brought into the world

I believe that every life is precious, and that there are no mistakes or coincidences.

Every child that is conceived is here for a purpose, and that child deserves the same right to live that each of us enjoys.

Actually child birth is not a miracle, it is a spontaneous occurance. There isn't some god up in the sky who is planning the purpose for each baby as they're all being born. Think logically for one second.

Why would you force the mother to suffer, and the baby to in turn suffer in the future. Abortion dosnt cause suffering to the fetus, i know that's kinda beyond your main point though.

Also i agree lifes precious, but if you're so worried about abortion pull your head out of your ass and take a look at the world we live in for one second. There's innocent people hurting and needlessly dying all over the world.

And you want to force the mother against her will to put her self through the suffering of having an unwanted child one she probably wont be able to love, because you're against murdering a fetus?..

Really there should be free will on the issue. How can you tell another person what to do with their body? That's really arrogant.

[edit on 9-9-2008 by blayze]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lookingup
I wonder what it would be like having to look at the offspring of the rapist every day, and what would the mother tell her child when he asks who his daddy is? "Your daddy was one of 4 thugs that dragged me down a back alley, beat me senseless and raped me repeatedly." No, I don't think I'd want to tell my kid that.

Anyone ever notice how many of these pro-lifers approve of adoption, but have no adopted kid of their own? She had FIVE kids and yammers on about "life," but couldn't adopt ONE child?

She won't get my vote.

I agree who many of you sanctimonious self righteous pro-lifers has actually adopted? If you haven't where do you get off suggesting it?

What is it about your own lives you can't stand that makes you want to force your ideas and opinions on others? If adoption is the way out why are there so many children that need adopting? If a women wants to get an abortion that's HER choice and not yours and that's that.

Obviously she should make an informed decision and ask her family for support but ultimately it is HER choice and her consequences and none of you that is your business nor any of you that wish to force your views on others should have any say whatsoever. I'm sure most of you have enough problems in your life with out trying to make matters worse for others.

I agree with Byrd in that some women can't handle raising a child that was conceived through a violent act. They may often look at the child and see nothing but the traumatic episode that happened maybe that cause deep depression and cause for child neglect. Maybe some of you can handle it; well kudos for you as not everyone one one this planet are built like you so get over it. When it comes down to it; It is their CHOICE not YOURS and you have no right to take that from anyone.

This topic is B.S. plain and simple!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

you just said that you had never personally witnessed rape or abuse. and in how many cases is abortion actually used for rape.

the words "murdering your child" must not mean all that much to you or anyone who would think about doing such a thing. yes rape is something awful and should never happen. but it does. and in that even you take responsibility for what has happened and you dont murder an innocent baby who had no say in the matter. they are defenseless and it is the parents job whether they want the job or not, to protect the child. not murder it. adoption is an option for mothers. but murdering your child should never be the answer no matter how it may alter or "dishevel" your life for the time being.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
There is a lot of talk about "women" in this thread and what a women should do if she gets raped and falls pregnant.

The question I wan to ask is what about the GIRLS that get raped and fall pregnant???

The 12 to 17 year old GIRLS out there who are not even mentally ready to deal with their first kiss let alone becoming pregnant and having a baby!

Do pro-lifers really believe that our society has the right to say to make these girls spend 40 weeks being reminded every day that they were raped?

Ridiculous.

Think about what kind of impact and repercussions this would have on a young mind.

Think about the impact and repercussions this would have on the family.

Think about the impact and repercussions this would have on the people in the community they live in.

Think about all the deadly back yard abortions that would occur. How many girls would die or have their reproductive organs destroyed by such processes.

THINK!

[edit on 9/9/08 by Horza]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
That is horrendous.

Who is she to judge firstly, whether we have a soul and secondly when that soul enters or leaves a body?

They are going to win aren't they?

Then, some fool bursts open a bag of nachos in McCain's general vicinity, he being of senior years has cardiac arrest and she becomes Pres.

That's why Bush is doing 'tidy-up' in Iraq for a fellow team-mate.

God save from scientists and fundies especially 'Manny-Girls' with guns like Palin.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join