It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufo spotted outside helsinkis archipelago

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Ufo spotted over the archipelago outside helsinki 31/8 - 1/9 -08

Acording to the eyewittneses, the light in the sky or as they say the rectangular shiny object was spotted and heading towards them at a high velocity and was visible for about 10min during wich time he took a few photographs.

several explenations has been given by the finnish coastguard and Ursa Astronomical Association about the sighting but all seam to have a logical explenation.

(swampgas from venus hit the radiation coming from the surface of the moon and visualy bent the light which inturn made the satelite visible)

N60 21´ E26 45´ google earth coordinates for thouse intrested where the sighting was

link to original story

[edit on 9-9-2008 by zerbot565]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
This is very interesting, thanks for sharing this story. It is certainly not very often we hear about rectangular UFOs.

Do you speak finnish? Can you translate for us what is being said in the article and the video interview with the guy who took the fotos?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

sure , on the website it sais :

Outside Helsinkis achipelago know as Kaunissaaressa a strange light fenomenon has been spotted.
Jaako Hellstén and his wife was sitting in a boat a week ago night towards monday enjoying the view of the sceen. suddenly his wife wondered what brigth and warm thing could be seen in the sky.

- we started to focus on the object and a rectagular shiny object could be seen , it came toward us at a high velocity and it turned so bright that you could not focus on the object anymore with your bare eyes, Jaako hellstén tells.

acording to hellstén the light in the sky was visible for about 10 min.

it was like looking at a burning sun.

Hellstén called the coastguard and as soon as they answed the object dissapared.

Hellstén tells us that when confronting ufo researchers theyve concluded that this is a genuin ufo that can be seen in the photos, He is not afraid , and wellcomes them again

the sighting has been given numerus explenations by the finnish coastgard and ursa experts.
---

in the video he adds that the object came with a high velocity and stopped and kind of hoverd or sat in the air before it dissapared.

a somewhat translation of the incident

sincierly zerbot

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

Thank you for sharing and for the translation

I have a question:
The video shows a slideshow of three photographs:
Video

IMHO, the most interesting is the one showing the squared light: do you know if there's any way to have a copy of the originals (Credits will be given to the author) and if he did take some more shots?
This is an interesting find, in my opinion, thanks again.

[edit on 9/9/2008 by internos]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

Thank you so much for the translation! And I saw that you have signed up for the list of translators here at ATS, thank you for that also.

Wow, this really is an awsome sighting. "It was like looking at a burning sun"...

I see that Internos already has asked you if the origianl photos are available. I would also very much like to see those. Perhaps you can manage to get in touch with the man who took them..?

[edit on 9-9-2008 by ziggystar60]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

i can try to find away to contact this fellow but i cant give you any guarante of success

i have a couple of leads as to where to start

and regarding the pictures i bet he´s very keen on sharing his findings since as he stated in the interview , its not an everyday event and he would like to photograf more anomalities as the one he witnessed with his wife.

sincierly zerbot

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
The round orbs I would label as dust close to the camera lense.

The photos in the news video shows a boats mast with a light about 3/4 of the way up it. Not familiar with boats but would assume it's a lamp.

The rest could be just be a "story" to garner fame, norteriaty...

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Willbert

Originally posted by Willbert

The photos in the news video shows a boats mast with a light about 3/4 of the way up it. Not familiar with boats but would assume it's a lamp.

Of course. They saw nothing. These things does not exist. Nothing to see here.

Now you that you have conclusively debunked all above, let us 'believers' continue with our 'speculations' about 'something that does not exist'

Thank you!

Sincerely,

-v

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0

Originally posted by Willbert

Of course. They saw nothing. These things does not exist. Nothing to see here.

Now you that you have conclusively debunked all above, let us 'believers' continue with our 'speculations' about 'something that does not exist'

Thank you!

Sincerely,

-v

If that is "your" view and stand so be it. We all have a voice here and we all voice it based on how we each express ourselves. I voiced my opinion on the topic.. as for what you voiced on the topic at hand I would consider inconclusive.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Of course! I didn't forbid your freedom to state your opinions. I apologize if you feel anyway offended! Opinions of course are very welcome. In fact my previous post was bit stupid because it doesn't give any 'opinions'.

Now that said, my opinion would be that I don't know what the heck is that! It is in UFO!

But keeping in mind the story which states that it was a retangular object before it got too bright to look at, I'd say it is some kind of object, could be something else tho.

-v

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
There's a photo to which original i'd like to take a look: it's an almost squared light, watch the video.

The rounded objects that we see in the OP look to have the classic diffraction rings of an out of focus object: as willbert stated (as opinion) it could be some dust very close to the lens, or also some light source very far (and its sharp, monochromatic appearance would suggest that to me): we can't say it conclusively because we don't have any point of reference, this is why i don't consider them to be interesting, so far: they look out of focus for sure, and this is, more or less, all that we know about them
. But if the squared light turns out to be, for example, some crop of a photo showing also some grounded point of reference, then it would be a very interesting shot. We know just that article, let's wait what comes out from this: the OP is kindly trying to get in touch with the guy who took the photos: let's wish him good luck, wait and see

[edit on 9/9/2008 by internos]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
i have contacted the publishing media firm in question and Ursa Astronomical Association and asked for the possibilities of an email adress or some other way to contac the person who took the photos of the light anormality.

hopefully we will get contacted in the next couple of days

sincierly zerbot

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
double post delete if possible

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
It sounds like they were visited by a helicopter. Some of them have rectangular lights.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by earthman4

it is not the first time odd shaped objects have been spotted over finland ,

According to the representatives of FUFORA the UFOs filmed by Finnish officials resemble the objects seen and filmed abroad lately. “A rod shape is typical,” says Mr. Koivula. “This is not the first time our officials have got UFO sightings.

infrared videos of unknown objects in finnish airspace

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Nice, however I live in Helsinki and I have not seen this in any of the local or national papers, or the news. Saying that I could of missed it.

The skies are fantastic here, you can see for miles, me and my girlfriend often go to a spot on a hillside and look up hoping to see something, no luck as yet this gives hope though, I will keep my eyes peeled now!

Peace

edit dreadful spelling

[edit on 10/9/2008 by LestatG]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
now its time for an update to this thread ,

today at noon the fellow who took the photos called me,
i told him that on the behalf of other people I had taken up the task of trying to contact him about the pictures in question and that there where people intrested in viewing the pictures in original format and the rest of the slide not shown publicly if possible,

i my self did not get any photos but a small update on the story instead since it seamed he was intrested in sharing it for a price or he thought i was an agent working on the behalf of someone eles.
might be that we did not understand eachother on the subject,
but i told him i would relay his e-mail adress to the person in question and that the partys would speak about it more privatly.

He then said he has about 8 of these photos of the craft or light depending on you how you want to view the matter.

he added that the noiseless craft can be viewn with 2 red triangular shaped lights and can be seen with a light beam underneath in one of the photos.

we then did not speak about the subject anyfurther and i thanked him for his time and he thanked me for trying to get in touch with him and the call ended.

now with this new info it makes me belive we are talking about a FAA regulated aircraft since it had Earth standard lights attached to it for visualisation,

now it can be added that when he called the coastalgaurd about the incident the light dissapared wich is a bit fishy since why would they have anything to hide about a hellicopter if it is one,

simular lights have been spotted near my home town a few days ago and that there are wargames currently or have been conducted across this country.

on a sidenote the russian army had afew naval boats parked across the penincula about during the same day the photos where taken.

hope this sheads some light on the subject

ill u2u internos about the email.

sincierly Zerbot565

top topics

join