It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please tell me what is going to "Change" this election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
All I see on the internet (I don't have an idiot box) is change this, change that. We have a black guy and woman on one end for awhile (extreme change message) and a white guy, now paired with a woman (counter, raise you one). Because I know this is all a show for the sheeple, I have to laugh at all this. Can anyone here actually tell me the last time someone was elected into office and actually DID what he said he would do? Anyone? Ever?

I can't understand why people are so up in arms about the "who" becomes president thing, well, regarding the two people we've been given (er, told) to vote for. Are not they backed by the SAME exact BIG money corporations that have been behind our politicians since who knows when? Well are they not? Of course they are. And yet we all expect "change". PuHleeeeZ.

Our politicians have been bought and paid for many times over. Yet, come election day, we'll "reason" with ourselves that "IF" I vote for say a candidate like Ralph Nader, it will be a wasted vote, so I better just vote the better of the TWO EVILS. Who did that last election? Will you admit to it? NO, of course you won't, but you know the truth.

The two people that you see PLASTERED all over every single media publication and web site in the world, are, quite simply, THE WRONG CHOICE.

Look, I'm not going to tell you who the right choice is, but I can certainly tell you who the wrong choice is. You want change? No you don't. You want the known. You want the same. Why do you think there are ten trillion McDonalds out there? It's not because the food is healthy, nutritious or even good, it's because it's quick, easy, cheap, and a known factor. No matter which one you go to, a Big Mac is a Big Mac.

I dare you this election to "BE" the change, vs. buying into BS change.

I own several companies and it is really trying to me to hear how bad people have it, etc., then when it comes time for them to do something, they do the SAME OLE THING.

The definition of "Insanity" is doing something over and over, the same way, then expecting a different result.

Don't be insane.

Please, return to your regularly scheduled garbage ;-)

[edit on 9-9-2008 by knows_but_doesnt]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
You brought up a good point about the "lesser of two evils." That is all I hear from people voting for Barack Obama. In their eyes, McCain is the bastard he is, but they refuse to judge Obama the same way. Given, he is less of an idiot in public, but in retrospects is as inconsistent as his counterpart. I'm working on some information right now, that if comes through, could shake a lot of things loose here at ATS. Good post! I'm happy that my countrymen are coming through for themselves and their country.

join