It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police used Tasers more on black suspects, city finds

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
From the kind folks at the DOJ,

Distribution of single-offender victimizations, based on race of victims, by type of crime and perceived race of offender - Year 2002

Offender victim Estimated number of victimizations (1)
Crimes of violence- (3)

White Black
100 111

Black White
466 205

Black Black
460 388

Completed violence - (3)

White Black
16 017

Black White
162 718

Black Black
157 559

attempted/threatened violence - (3)

White Black
84 187

Black White
303 535

Black Black
302 643

Rape/Sexual Assault - (3)

White Black
8 448

Black White
17 572

Black Black
51 042

Robbery - (3)

White Black
7 125

Black White
61 397

Black Black
60 021

>> Completed/property taken- (3)

White Black
7 111

Black White
49 714

Black Black
43 679

>> With Injury- (3)

White Black
/ (2)

Black White
13 530

Black Black
20 700

>> Without Injury - (3)

White Black
7 101

Black White
36 131

Black Black
22 989

>> Attempted to take property(4) - (3)

White Black
/ (2)

Black White
17 762

Black Black
16 364

>> With Injury - (3)

White Black
/ (2)

Black White
6 036

Black Black
5 230

>> Without injury- (3)

White Black
/ (2)

Black White
5 669

Black Black
11 144

Assault- (3)

White Black
84 903

Black White
387 366

Black Black
349 372

>> Aggravated - (3)

White Black
22 128

Black White
70 082

Black Black
101 259

>> Simple - (3)

White Black
62 478

Black White
316 720

Black Black

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
And I really just would like to point out the "attempt to take property" line at well over 7,000 black on white vs 2 White on Black

That is more than 3,500 x

So, sorry, not a jerk, but... if race Has to be brought up, the truth should be told.

and I have to say also,

lol, those 2 White guys...
should go to jail for ever for making that list.

[edit on 10-9-2008 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I wonder what would happen if people suddenly stopped saying black or white and said people. Hmm.....

Do you think they should gather up some white and taser them just to keep it equal. And soppose all the people tasered were.. uh.. well, you know... caught committing crimes. Hmm....

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
After Hurricane Katrina crime in Houston, who got more refugees than any other city, skyrocketed. Most of the refugees were black and most still live there. So obviously, if you have more crime committed by blacks then you're going to have more blacks tasered. It really doesn't seem complicated to me.

I'm sure Houston just like Dallas has a lot of black cops who do just as much of the tasering. If a cop feels threatened he's gonna shock your ass. Doesn't matter what race you or him are.

I personally don't understand how you can whine about people assuming every black person is a certain way and then turn around and post an article about a racist cop and try to say that most cops are a certain way. So it's ok to stereotype, as long as you're not doing to black people? Way to go

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I am so sick of white folks always trying to put the blame else were and saying there is no pejudice going on. throwing all theses useless stats around like they mean anything. how many of the blacks arrested can you prove were not just racial profiling. how many can you prove racist. im black ive been to prison, ive been picked up several times just for looking like a so called suspect. for all you that say cops arnt racist they dont racial profile then you are blind or just ignore the facts because you dont want to admitt that white folks are wrong for anything. you forget rodney king. are the many cops who shoot blacks folks becuase they think they have a gun. in my life i have been on both sides of the law and being in prison i have seen alot of black people who get alot more time for being charged with the same crime as a white person and the black guy had almost no record. i see it alot. not all whites but most whites will find anything to put down a black man. we have more crime because are culture in screwed up by whites. its takes along time for people to get over the trauma of being inslaved for hundreds of years. from being brain washed to forget that you are just as good if not better then the white folks. that you are somebody besides a slave. we like rap music so what we sagg our pants so what. white people love rock n roll which is most cases are much more vulgar then rap. you lock us away in projects put us in systems designed to fail make it hard for us to get job or to get an equal education on pair with white kids, you dont teach black history. you teach the white version of black history. it almost seems like blacks havent contributed nothing to america if you read through school text books. if we are angery and violent race of people it is because of what white people have done to us. that is the truth. i kow you all aer gna say this comming from a guy who has bad spelling and punction. this from a guy who doesent have a grasp on english.i dont care to correct my spelling and grammer when im replying to some (not all) racist idiots. really go research history. real history not the version the government edited to make it seems like blacks have contributed nothing to america and that we blacks are the bad guys and maybe you will see the truth

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
reply to post by manson_322

ha just ha.... another chance to jump and bash America, sad, really sad.

Why don't you find something productive to do during the day

Yeah, this guy never has anything intelligent to say in any thread. That's why he is on my ignore list. With the kind of hatred and bigotry he spews all over this board I cannot believe he has never been banned. It's an injustice to the rest of the members if you ask me.

On Topic:

I live in a small town in northeast Pennsylvania. We're only about 100 miles from NYC. A few years ago blacks from the NYC and Philadelphia began moving into our area and with that the violent crime rate increased exponentially. Prior to their arrival, there hadn't been a murder in my town for 22 years. In the past 5 years there have been 6 murders here in addition to several robberies. In one case, a young boy of about 10 years of age was playing in the ally behind his house. A bunch of black male in their late teens and early 20's came along and took his baseball bat. He yelled and his father went outside to his son and got into a confrontation with the blacks. The father was beat to death in front of his son with his baseball bat. Several neighbors saw it and called the cops. They were caught and prosecuted.

Another woman was killed in her home (throat slit). They found the guy and he was black...they also found the murder weapon with his prints on it.

There are plenty of good black people out there. I have black friends and co-workers. But in general, the way I see, where blacks go, crime goes too!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join