It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police used Tasers more on black suspects, city finds

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by logician magician
ATS never ceases to amaze me....

This place is like a haven for people who have a predisposition to take anything and everything and skew it to fit their naive preconceived world views.

Definition of 'Conspiracy Theory':

A conspiracy theory attributes the ultimate cause of an event or chain of events (usually political, social or historical events), or the concealment of such causes from public knowledge, to a secret and often deceptive plot by a group of powerful or influential people or organizations. Many conspiracy theories state that major events in history have been dominated by conspirators who manipulate political happenings from behind the scenes.

DUH!!!

[edit on 9/9/2008 by Kryties]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
In my oh so humble opinion......White or Black has nothing to do with it. It comes down to resisting or not. Why do so many attempt to resist the police? Whats the matter? Are people afraid that the police may find out what they did? If you did nothing wrong, why can't you just comply and talk like a normal human? I myself have had my fair share of run-ins with the law (for varrying offenses including felony) and guess what, I've never been tased. When it comes down to a face to face with the police, you must be a complete IDIOT if you think no harm will come to you when you resist. They don't just walk around tasing and shooting because they have a hair-trigger.

My father had a life-long friend whom I knew for 30yrs, even dated his daughter. That White man was running around through the streets of his neighborhood last year in his underwear. He was an ex-body builder in his 50's still a decent build. They literally had to herd him and tackle him because he would simply not stop to talk to them and kept running trying to evade them. They managed to tackle him to the ground, and calm him down. The were trying to ask him questions as to who he was, where he lived, they were trying to help the man. He became very comabitive and they were forced to tase him twice. He died at the scene. This was a man I grew up looking up to and it was a tough loss. But the jackass just couldnt be calm for 10mins to talk to the cops, now he's dead, I blame him, not the cops.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
That's because they are making things that shouldn't be illegal illegal.
Stop defending racism and racial profiling.

Most other racial groups seem to stay within the law.

Perhaps you would like to explain precisely which litigation discriminates unfairly against blacks to the extent that vast swathes are incapable of following the law?

I'm not defending racism, I'm defending the truth. The truth in my eye will not be curtailed by political correctness, and certainly not by that cretin Michael Moore.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Okay, I'll bite and give a few accounts of my personal experiences in witnissing taser attacks.

I have seen 3 taser attacks (or defenses if you want to view it that way) in my life up close. All 3 have happened at an NFL game in Seattle's Qwest Field over the past few years. All 3 were against black men.

Why is this relevant? Well, I'll admit it now, I'm white (not an apology). I have seen some serious prejudices against black men at these games that white men avoided. How did they avoid them? Well, the only reason I can see (as a legit difference) is that they are white.

In many of the cases the perps are visiting team supporters that get harrassed to the point of conflict with local fans. It usually starts with drunk idiot local fans throwing crap (food, garbage, beer) at the visiting fans. They too are usually drunk (must get drunk before the games because at $8 a cup I can't see how they got drunk inside the stadium!). One thing leads to another and the fists start to fly. There are state patrolmen all over the stadium during games. In each of the 3 tasings I have seen the fight is really not much worse than the others where men weren't tased. Actually, there were two fights where the white men actually shoved an officer over making him fall 2 to 3 bleachers down. Never tased. Just the 3 black men that only kept trying to swing at the idiot local fans that usually start the whole thing in the first place.

So, where's the judgment there? I would figure if a man would go so far as to lay hands on a cop that he would be more likely to be zapped into seizures than a man who simply wants to beat the living crap out of the moron that threw a cup of beer on him for wearing a visiting teams jersey.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by wazar

Although my example was a bit more towards the various similar incidents that I witnessed (seriously, dozens of these fights each year) I must say that your take is pretty much dead on. Don't resist. Although I have seen in cases where tasers were used (in videos) when it appears they shouldn't have. Like in traffic stops where a person is asked to exit their vehicle. The person asks why and the officer, instead of giving a reason which they SHOULD do, tells the person forcefully to get out of the vehicle.

Why? Becuase while in their PRIVATE vehicle the person is in charge. On the public streets the officer can run the show. That is if they aren't on par. I belive most cops are. However, in this case he never gave a reason and kept raising his voice to tell the person to leave their car. He then tased them. Not called for. Unless that person was pulled over for a felony chase or something there is no call for ordering them out without providing a reason.

Also, more importantly, I feel for your situation with your (ex's?) father. That sucks. Yes, it is his fault. Yes, if he was threatoning to them, they had a right to use the tasers. Yes, tasers can cause death in healthy people.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Are we as humans all the same? Does not race, custom, and conditioning make for great differences in not only actions, but thought processes. In my opinion, the reason that tasers are used more on blacks than on whites is because of their predisposition to act out against any perceived authority/threat.

Rap music is greatly responsible for turning many black youths into reactionary criminals. The music glorifies things such as killing cops, or busting a cap into someone, or treating women as bitches and hoe's etc. The music does this through the catchy repetitious rhyme which is a proven method of brainwashing.

It is also glorified by the entertainment industry, those who would otherwise be decent law abiding citizens are now "spoiling" for a fight, so to speak. But there is much more to it than that.

Conditions of life, especially those encountered in the ghetto or barrios are also a great determinant in predisposition to agressive behavior. Many blacks grow up in less than good conditions, where survival means having to be tough, survival of the fittest.

All of those factors coupled with the brainwashing of the massses lead to a proven fact, that blacks are generally much more reactive and agressive than whites. It is nothing about being racist, it is just a fact that police deal with on a daily basis. But I'm sure in some few cases it could be about discrimination, which is a fact and will always be with us in some form.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
When the media uses their mind control to target white youth into glorifying crime, we are going to see the same problem.

We need to ban rappers from making music that glorifies selling coc aine, crack, and shooting at their enemies on their turf. This is a big part of the problem. young jeezy and rick ross come to mind, as well as dozens and hundreds of others throughout the years. the media is intentionally targeting a specific audience because the government has poured billions into psychological manipulation research since the 60's (or earlier) and utilizes the media to carry out the attacks against the citizenry.

They want to fill the prisons for slave labor under UNICOR as well as filling the profits of privately run state prisons.

Most privately run facilities are located in the southern and western portions of the United States and include both state and federal offenders.[1]

We need to take three steps. first we need to restructure the education system so that it is not designed to pump out mediocre unquestioning working slaves.

Step two is to ban any music that glorifies crime, particularly which encourages drug life and violence. Tony yayo, rick ross, young jeezy, juvenile, 50 cent, to cite a few popular present day examples. They do not have to stop making music, they just have to stop making criminal music.

Step three is to buy-out all privately owned incarceration centers, and do not allow any private for-profit institutions to manage or own a detention facility of any kind.

That wont just help reduce the colored prison population, it will reduce the entire prison population in general.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Okay, first of all - No, I'm not racist. If I meet you, I will treat you in a friendly and polite manor, and won't judge you until I have a basis of your real personality. It wouldn't cross my mind as any difference should the person I meet be black or white. If they're nice, they're nice. If they're not they're not. Colour doesn't matter.

From my life experience though, having lived in various "poor estates" some made up of mostly Scottish, some mostly white British, and the one I'm living in now, is made up of mostly black British people.

I have never been treated as badly as I have, seen the things I've seen, or heard of the things I've heard of anywhere else before.

The black people around here, are mostly (haven't met them all) criminals. I would tell you the same thing if thee were white people, but they're not. They're black, and they are thieves, gang members, and muggers.

They intimidate you, chase you, call you names and yes a lot of the time, racist names, and really make your life hard. I've done nothing to provoke these people.

As I said, colour makes no difference me, I judge on personality, and the people in this area here, are by far the worst I have lived with.

Therefore from my personal experience, it is not in any way at all shocking that more black people would be arrested than white people.

I've met white criminals, lived with them too. They're nasty people, just like most criminals, and they too are really bad people. However, they're definitely a lot less bother to the average person than the black people I am living with now are.

From my personal experience black people are more violent, more likely to commit crimes, and are more likely to resist arrest.

Please don't accuse the police of being racist without first experiencing things first hand.

To any black people reading this, I really mean absolutely no offence, and I hope you realise I am only taking about my experiences. If I were to meet you, I would respect you the same way I respect myself or anyone else. Where you're from, what your names is, what food you like or what colour your skin is really makes no difference to me. The way you behave does.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
that's because black people are arrested more, duh. look at the statistics and the numbers man, most of the people breaking laws are black. i'm not racist!!! it's the truth!@!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodForbid
Okay, first of all - No, I'm not racist. If I meet you, I will treat you in a friendly and polite manor, and won't judge you until I have a basis of your real personality. It wouldn't cross my mind as any difference should the person I meet be black or white. If they're nice, they're nice. If they're not they're not. Colour doesn't matter.

From my life experience though, having lived in various "poor estates" some made up of mostly Scottish, some mostly white British, and the one I'm living in now, is made up of mostly black British people.

I have never been treated as badly as I have, seen the things I've seen, or heard of the things I've heard of anywhere else before.

The black people around here, are mostly (haven't met them all) criminals. I would tell you the same thing if thee were white people, but they're not. They're black, and they are thieves, gang members, and muggers.

They intimidate you, chase you, call you names and yes a lot of the time, racist names, and really make your life hard. I've done nothing to provoke these people.

As I said, colour makes no difference me, I judge on personality, and the people in this area here, are by far the worst I have lived with.

Therefore from my personal experience, it is not in any way at all shocking that more black people would be arrested than white people.

I've met white criminals, lived with them too. They're nasty people, just like most criminals, and they too are really bad people. However, they're definitely a lot less bother to the average person than the black people I am living with now are.

From my personal experience black people are more violent, more likely to commit crimes, and are more likely to resist arrest.

Please don't accuse the police of being racist without first experiencing things first hand.

To any black people reading this, I really mean absolutely no offence, and I hope you realise I am only taking about my experiences. If I were to meet you, I would respect you the same way I respect myself or anyone else. Where you're from, what your names is, what food you like or what colour your skin is really makes no difference to me. The way you behave does.

No offense taken. My experience as a black american, and someone who is not a criminal, is that of the in-betweener. Educated and well-spoken enough to be rejected by some blacks as not black enough, but, still stigmatized by whites, with inherent fear, suspicion, and(when things are going well for me) jealousy on a level that far exceeds what it would be if I were white. Statistics are just a way to hide; white people who throw stats out are just using them to justify their prejudice. I could throw stats out on white crime all day long, but it wouldn't make every white person bad. Funny how so many people think it is their divine right to treat people of color badly. Amazing how we're expected to deal with it, again and again, without complaint, regardless if we have personally done anything to deserve it. It's OK because of what "some" blacks do; but, treat a white person badly because of what some whites do, and, sit back and watch the explosions....Nice double standard.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

MAYBE ... blacks did more to deserve being tazed??

MAYBE ... it's not ALWAYS racism?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I didn't made the study..but you forgot to mention...

MAYBE ..we got too many white racist cops serving in police departements.!!

KKK prank ignites outrage

And..

A federal judge found that New York City violated the First Amendment when it fired police officer Joseph Locurto and firefighters Robert Steiner and Jonathan Walters for their off-duty participation in a racist parade float. The judge was right, but not for the reasons trumpeted in the media.

www.cato.org...

And I can go on and on...

YEAH!! but is always in good ol' fun!!

[edit on 9-9-2008 by Bunch]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

MAYBE, it takes a racist to call another a racist? eh? ..

I see no evidence of cops purposefully tazing blacks for the sake of it. I see no evidence that you can provide. I am sure however there are plenty of in depth studies to show that blacks, when confronted with police simply... don't know how to react, ie, do more to deserve to be tazed. Also, perhaps, just maybe, blacks do more crimes, and thus, since the larger percentage is "minority" induced crime stats will show more tazing to that specific race.

I would say the story in the OP had an agenda.

Then again, to question blacks is to self incriminate your self as a racist. Which I happen to find racist.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonseeker

As a white American who has delved into White Society my whole life
I can put it to you like this:

White people do not look at blacks with suspicion just because they are black. In fact, blacks that "act white" are accepted, from all accounts I have seen. It's the blacks that dress in baggy clothes, "bling bling" and talk as if suffering from downs syndrome. We also look down on Latino's and Asians and guess what, Whites, that act in this manner.. because it portraits an uneducated Neanderthal type personality that makes Whites (a suspicious race already) all the more anxious.

Whites also fear other whites.. why do you think we live in gated communities, make fun of trailer parks, try to avoid White Trash and so forth.. conceded, arrogant, jealous of any one with something we don't have .. It's a white thing all around, I don't think it is projected towards blacks specifically.. I think Blacks put to much behind the color of their skin .. if someone doesn't like them, it must be because they are black. It could be the pants half way down your ass, the gangster rapper your trying oh so hard to portrait and a poor use of the English language..

Not saying there are not whites who hate blacks just for being black, but the bulk of the community just don't like the "culture" expressed not only by blacks, but every race "trying to be black"..

Just my opinion anyways.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DisabledVet

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that blacks simply commit more crime than any other group. That is an undeniable fact, it cannot be argued with. Whatever the reasoning for it is, the fact remains, blacks commit more crime than any other group. Full Stop.
So, blacks commit the most crime, so more blacks are chased, so more blacks attack cops, so more blacks are tazered.
Anyone who thinks it's because cops are racist is, in my opinion, an idiot.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Why do those who post statistics that show that perpetrators of crimes are more likely to be black never seem to mention that blacks are also much more likely to be victims of violent crimes?

Is there an agenda at work there, do you think?

In fact blacks represent half of all murder victims, despite being maybe 13 percent of the population.

It is no shock - crime rates (both for victims and perpetrators) tend to be higher among the poor, and blacks are in general more likely to live in poverty than whites.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Those who are black often find themselves in bad neighorhoods, doing whatever they have to do, to survive. In those circumstances, crime is sometimes the only option they feel they have. If more blacks commit crimes, then yes, it stands to reason that more will get tazed, arrested, sent to prison, etc. There are deeper issues here, but bottom line, this is no surprise at all, and alarmist responses are just that. There is more to this than prejudice.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
This really is a no brainer, look at the crime statistics, if Police used Tasers in accordance to them 10x the number of African Americans would be tazed yearly as Caucasians I have posted these stats before and got yelled at lol... so I wont again (i'm feeling lazy anyway)

But give me a break, by the Tazer stats one must assume they are Tazering white people needlesly just to make the numbers match more closely (and yes I know they do this with many things to stay PC)

I have a friend who is a cop here in Phx who has told me he was ordered to give White People Tickets for Noise to match the number of Black and Hispanics who ride around blaring base... even if they really are not playing their music too loud. Or in a location where it matters... i.e. He drives to the desert to catch people with music on the open highway just so he can be "fair" because in the middle of the city large numbers of Blacks and Hispanics drive down a commercial area or residential neighborhood whith Base that is window shaking...

So certainly, if they tase some people who are White... (i'm going to ask about this) but just because they don;t like them or whatever, look for any excuse, lol, because people bring up stats like this...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
i wonder what the percentage of crimes black v whites is..maybe thats why its higher...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join