It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why has Obama lost his lead?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SectionEight

They had better get attacking more. Its annoying when people opposing each other act like best friends saying stuff like: "While I respect you..."
Freaking quit the act...say "I hate you and you are wrong."
It's honest, faster, and more fun to watch..maybe more people would vote.

That would be great change!

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
So then, explain today's Gallup numbers. We're well after the aura of the RNC has worn off. McCain with a 5 point lead and we haven't even done the debates yet.

Obama - 44%; McCain - 49%

www.gallup.com...

[edit on 10-9-2008 by sos37]

Today is 9/11. Using an AVERAGE of all reputable polls, McCain's lead is already down to a 2.5% margin. Down, down, down it goes.

See Here:
realclearpolitics.com...

As I said, it was a convention bump. A good one, but a temporary one.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

Obama's arrogance will cost him the election. If he weren't so arrogant, which liberals are prone to be, he would have recognized the fact he needs Hillary to prevail. He's 2 1/2 points down with about 8 weeks to go, and his numbers are heading south, not north, because his explanations of his positions are leaving everyone scratching their heads or saying, "This guy is all um's and uh's, he doesn't know what to do."

With a hot and well-spoken VP candidate on his arm keeping the left on the defensive, McCain can keep his mouth shut and sail into the White House. A brilliantly conceived and executed plan, I'm impressed.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by blahblah123

what they need to do is have a debate on the laundry list of "issues", rather than the scripted sit in the chair while being seperately interviewiewed like we saw last week. When it was on, at the house I was at, there was a living room full of enthusiastic folks truley interested in the race, and half way through McCain's interview, half of the room was almost asleep, while the other half lost interest. Same with the interview of Obama, although there was perhaps 50% more interest...but still people couldn't pay attention very long because it was so damned boring.

We need reall debates. We need John and Barack talking with one another. We need to see them debate the issues. Everyone is sick of pigs and lipstick, and personality smears, and fox news along with Limbaugh, O'riley, Savage, Reagan, Beck and the rest of the corporate right wing media hores lock step and file repeating the GOP talking points as though we are to stupid to recognise that it's political propaganda...we need to hear how in the hell our future leader intends to clean up the mess that Bush and the neo-con Republicans have left us. Moreover, we need a population that is aware that the electronic media is controlled by the upper elites and the right wing. We need a public who will read, do research, and dig deeper. We need a public who will demand that our candidates discuss the issues rather than side step reality.

Less than two months left, and so far, no debates? Are you ok with this? We should be hopping mad and flooding out into the streets over this. And we call America the becon of democracy, and yet we don't have real free debates before our election? Something is way wrong here folks.

[edit on 14-9-2008 by skyshow]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tommy_boy

Just a follow-up on this post.. for those of you defending the McCain/Palin bump... Seems all but a memory now, no? 45% to 39% as of 9/24/2008

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by tommy_boy

Just a follow-up on this post.. for those of you defending the McCain/Palin bump... Seems all but a memory now, no? 45% to 39% as of 9/24/2008

Once the American people finds out that Oby supports the $700 billion Wall Street bailout, (or worst yet, vote "present"), the polls will change again. Polls are fickle.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by coolieno99

Both candidates support the bailout.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
It is all spin and prolatarianism. The current climate of affairs wants McCain in badly. It was to be expected.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Sorry to burst the bubble but Obama has lost nothing, now that the Palinmania has died down and people has seen her true nature is back to Obamamania again.

But we knew here in ATS about this type of turn overs, just many didn't listen.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
It's true. Obama is enjoying a bump in the polls right now, but it's still way too close to call. But like I've been saying, even when McCain was ahead in the polls - polls should be taken lightly as they are misleading. In reality Obama could be far more ahead or McCain could have a slight advantage. We really won't know until election day.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Sorry to burst the bubble but Obama has lost nothing, now that the Palinmania has died down and people has seen her true nature is back to Obamamania again.

And, I can't wait till Thursday to see Biden fleece her in the debate. As NYT says, her prime time interviews showed one thing: that she's not ready for prime time interviews.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
reply to post by coolieno99

Both candidates support the bailout.

Doesn't that say that maybe the people against the bill are out of touch or don't understand how much the vote against the bailout will affect mainstreet USA. They think they are doing the right thing, but I fear it is the wrong thing sure to usher in the real crisis that a unified world will bring.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join