It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone convinced someone else to change their vote?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Has anyone actually succeeded in convincing another person to change their vote through their interpretation of the facts, or even through smear tactics or propaganda?

If you did, are you sure you did the right thing, regardless of the method you used?

I have coinvinced one person thus far. I think the choice I encouraged them to make is better than the choice they were previously going to make.

[edit on 9/8/2008 by sc2099]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I convinced myself from no vote, to a vote for kerry in the 04 election. being only 24, the kerry vote was my first presidential election to vote in...

Looking at how things went from 04-08, I'm happy I changed my vote.. Too bad though....

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I am a Republican for over 40 years. I absolutely hate McCain and will never vote for him. I truly believe Obama is the lesser of 2 evils.

Here is the problem I have now. I love Palin. I know she will be there in 4 years. I can not say the same about McCain. People blow off the how many homes issue not realizing the symptoms of Alzheimer's. People do not understand the stress of the job. It will kill him at his age. Palin should be the nominee with McCain as the elder vice prez to help guide.

Obama was a shoo in for me. Biden was all the help he needed to show he had good judgment in choosing a vice prez that can step into the breech.

McCain's choice of his vice president may be, just may be, the difference for my vote back into the Republican fold. I feel the polls are showing this also as Republicans are coming to McCain just for Palin.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by hinky

If Obama loses....

Clinton v Palin in 2012....

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Yes, apparently Sarah Palin is convincing millions of people to change their vote everyday.

Isn't this how it's supposed to work?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I guess if people are talking about the vice prez candidates more than the actual candidates themselves, then the Republicans can shift focus away from McCain.

Which is something that is currently being demonstrated by people agonizing over disliking McCain, but seeing something they like in Palin.

Which is probably what they're aiming for.

new topics

top topics

join