It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Proof: The Conspiracy To Bring America To Its Financial Knees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I felt a need to post this becase I have been a dealer shipping both in state and also overseas. I deal in mainly high end antiques and collectibles.

When I heard Skepticoverlord had renamed this thread and moved it from abovepolitics.com to above top secret I knew it was time to post my experience.

As I mentioned, I'm a dealer in mainly antiques. I sell on Ebay and have been doing so since 1998. I have managed to make a decent living and although I'm not rich, I manage to stay ahead of the game even though my health is not what it once was.

Many of you may have heard about the strange changes that have been taking place on ebaY. The new CEO has changed the format so much that it has become almost impossible for even good sellers to continue to sell on the auction site.

The changes have to do with a new system called the DSR rankings. That means detailed seller rating. Let me briefly list the changes ebaY has done to make selling so hard for millions of Americans who use the auction site.

First they made the feedback system totally one sided, by taking away the sellers ability to leave apprporiate feedback for their buyers. Where before sellers could leave either a neutral or negative feedback if a buyer failed to pay or was a slow pay, now they can only leave positive feedback even for buyers who failed to pay. After the sale, the buyer has a choice of choosing from 1-5 stars as a rank for the seller in four categories:

DSRs Categories:
1) Item as described
2) Communication
3) Shipping Time
4) Shipping & Handling Fees

On the surface, this appears to be a way to ensure that only the good sellers will be around to sell on ebaY. However, ebaY has implemented a policy whereby all sellers must maintain an average of 4.3 stars in every category, or face a 30 day suspension for falling under that, and if it happens again, the seller account would be permanently suspended.

The way this ties in to my conspiracy is ebaY tells the buyers that a rating of four stars out of five is good, yet they will suspend any seller for anything that falls below 4.3 stars? Why on earth would ebaY tell the buyers that 4 stars are good, yet punish sellers who fall below 4.3 stars.

And that isn't the only thing. If a buyer failes to pay, the seller must file an UID or Unpaid Item Dispute to receive credit for ebaY fees. When I filed recently on a man who failed to pay, he became irate and sent a very curt reply in all caps. This buyer had received a total of 6 negatives, and 7 neutrals in the past 12 months prior to the all positive feedback change. I knew he would probably leave me negative feedback and also give me 1 star on all my DSRs in retaliation for filing an UID, nd that is exactly what he did. Ebay says buyers who fail to pay receive strikes each time a UID is filed, but if they contact ebay with an excuse, any excuse why they didn't pay, they do not get a strike. Supposedly, three strikes against a buyer leads to a 30 day suspension, but again, if they reply with any excuse, they don't receive any punishment.

On top of that, ebay even allows buyers who fail to pay to actually still rank the seller in all four DSR categories, and even leave negative feedback on the seller??? Why is ebaY allowing this if it isn't an effort to actually drive EVERYONE off of ebaY, thereby ending the livlyhood of millions of sellers.

At first I thought it might be an inside job to actually bring the compasny down in order for another very similar auction company to offer refuge to all the fleeing sellers. But now I'm not so sure. So far, no one company has offdered any viable alternative. Many of the other auction sites are slow to load, and confusing to navigate. So for now, most sellers are trying their level best to do whatever it takes to remain above 4.3 stars.

Ebay has also made it manditory that sellers can no longer offer the option of money orders or checks, and has made it manditory that
sellers must either offer their company owned payment service Paypal,
or a merchant account, which most stay at home sellers can't afford.

Couple this with the new policy that Paypal has of refunding a buyers money for any reason even buyers remorse, or remorse over import taxes, and you see why I think this could be an effort to bring many of the online sellers to their financial knees.

[edit on 8-9-2008 by TH3ON3]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
So the fact that you don't like the changes to an auction website is somehow supposed to be proof of a conspiracy against America?

With warped thinking like that I shouldn't think America needs anyone's help to be brought to its knees

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Thank you for this interesting and eye opening post. My father and me used Ebay back in '02 for all types of items, ranging from 200 pairs of socks to used and new paintball equipment.

Now that we don't paintball, and, knowing how proficient my father once was at Ebay, I asked him Friday evening over a cigar why he didn't try to sell our old equipment throughEbay. He said that Ebay had become too much of a hassle, and that it wasn't worth his time. Consider, we have, at the lowest estimate, 3,000$ in paintguns alone.

I didn't question him at all on his decision, mainly because I know nothing of Ebay and have never used it, but his comment did strike me as odd.

Now what I'm thinking is that Ebay is responding to Craigslist by making it easier, and more appealing for buyers, or that Ebay is trying to get rid of independent sellers, and allow corporate sellers a larger outlet. I feel more confident with the latter, as Ebay could make money off such a deal, and it would fit a conspiracy M.O., but that's all just speculation.

Anyway, it sucks for the people like you whom use Ebay as their main selling medium.

Thanks for answering a question in my life that I never through to ask.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by EntropyCrisis
Thank you for this interesting and eye opening post.
Anyway, it sucks for the people like you whom use Ebay as their main selling medium.

Thanks for answering a question in my life that I never through to ask.

Your welcome, and thanks for reading through all my long winded post

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
On another note, why would ebaY want to get rid of all the small sellers. I'm a small seller, yet I consistently pay them anywhere from $500-$750 a month in seller fees. And that's not counting the money they make off of my paypal fees. So how does that make sense to get rid of us small sellers? Is $500-$750 from thousands of similar sellers not good enough for the all powerful ebaY monster?

EbaY stock holders take note, you may want to sell your stock before it gets worse. A real shame to see this happening, but again, I think it is all an attempt to bring down America financially.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I've been on ebay just as long and the reorg was an effort to get rid of those people that sell you a penny for a nickel and then charge you $34.95 to ship it. I JUST today mailed a Money order out as payment and I recieve checks and money orders for items I sell on ebay. I'm a power seller but you must be way out of my league to have such high monthly sales fees. Either that or you are adding WAY too many auction upgrades and promotions.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

Well not way out of your league, I rank in the top 100,000 power sellers on ebaY, but yes give it a little while and if you deal with overseas buyers you will see my frustration in the massive amounts of returns due to huge import taxes they have to pay. They return the items to recoup some of that lost money.

I think the overseas countries even charge them regardless of whether they accept the package or not, and then if they don't pay, they turn them in to a collection agency ruining their credit.

It is a worldwide conspiracy to bring about a single currency and one world government. It is just getting started, but a few years more and then many will see and hear just like U2 says!

[edit on 9-9-2008 by TH3ON3]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Whats this got to do with bringing AMERICA to it's financial knees?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
We the buyers are tired of being ripped off. If a few sellers are hurt, big deal. We are the ones that have to beware. To insinuate that there is a plot against sellers is kind of whinny. You should be glad to be part of such a great idea and to have made so much money. We, the buyers, are in control, love it or leave it.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by earthman4

That's all good and well, but what I'm trying to get across is that pretty soon there wont be any sellers left, at least not any small sellers because of all the changes that make it nearly impossible to continue selling.

Also, you don't think it odd that ebaY has said a seller must maintain a 4.3 rating or be suspended when they tell the buyers that a four star rating is good?

The unfair one sided feedback system will cause many sellers to stop selling on ebaY. As for getting ripped off, you must not have ever dealt with a power seller with standards.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

Great thread!!!

I am finished with ebay because of this pinheaded new feedback system. I sold an item to a girl and she left me neutral feedback because I didn't get back to her email until the next day. Now my positive feedback is only in the 80s because I don't have that many.

And forcing people to use PayPal is just over the top. Craigslist FTW.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I agree with EC. It sounds like an anti-competition move to me. The Monopoly Men are on the move at eBay. Sure eBay gets fees from smaller and larger entities alike, but less competition means higher prices, and the big money investors in eBay are likely to be investors in the large sellers. A win-win for them, a lose-lose for the rest of us.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
i never liked ebay , im a craigslist guy but i think they're gonna get bought out soon and then re structured with all types of fees and charges .... but for now craigslist is FREE just the way i like it and i dont have to worry about feed back , if i dont like the item i simply leave the sellers house lol

[edit on 15-9-2008 by bravo40]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
The thread title is completely misleading. Please change it. I kept reading your op to gain an insight about the title but all I heard was ebay bashing.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
It was all over when Truman faced 24 submarines off the East Coast.
And even more when he let Tesla documents and science
in public possession be confiscated.
Wadda ya worried about now, it was all over years ago.
Science is power and some one has more than you think.
There was just nothing left of substantial value to invest in.
Free Energy science went to Germany under incredible
security (enough to make war for European gold) and
came to America right in Truman's face.
Now with high security again, lets see what happens.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
this is absolutely true!!! I am an ebay power seller, have been for 10 years, and also in top 100k for sales..... i have been defending ebay from the ebay bashers for years,,, a real advocate..... infact a fairly substantial shareholder. However, all the writing is on the wall and the truths are coming out. I have been suspended even though I have over 5300 feedback, I had 2 negatives that came from non paying international bidders..... i have contacted every which number and email throughout ebay (that they will release). I was sent an email stating that because my customer service was so low and there are so many complaints about me that I would not be able to sell. Meanwhile, NOBODY will look and see that the only negative feedback I have received came from unconfirmed, international buyers who responded to my NON PAYING BIDDER submission!!!! My DSR's are over 4.7 and my feedback percentage over 99%.... they STILL COUNT THE NEUTRAL--- regardless of what the percentage says,,, they count these as negatives with regards to "seller non performance"..... I am gathering lists of power sellers with similar struggles and my attorneys have agreed to investigate possiblilties of class action lawsuit.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by earthman4

You will be in control of not having anything to buy on ebay when there is nobody willing to sell it to you. Not quite as much stuff on FeePay as there used to be Hugh bub?
WOW! Go figure.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I got sick of ebay thats why I built www.eblowouts.com... and dont charge fees for anyone to list or sell their products. I caught on to the ebay gig long ago and I saw what they were trying to do. They are crooks and I will not use them again.

new topics

top topics

join