It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama and Biden voted for the Bridge to nowhere

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStormCrow
Fact is that Obama and Biden sided with the good old boys club in the Senate and voted against stopping the bridge and using the funds for Katrina reconstruction efforts. To criticize Palin for being for it and then against it when they themselves are not only voting for it but also voting against shifting the funding is a bit hypocritical isnt it?

The fact also is Obama and Biden should be asked if they supported the bridge when the voted for it , but then I dont see the media doing that..

And really they should be answering the question why they voted against shifting the funding to the katrina effort, because if they had of done that then the excess money wouldnt have been sent to Alaska after the project was cancelled.

THIS entire thread is BASED upon the hypocritical stump speeches PALIN has been delivering. The entire issue was raised by her and framed by her alone. As a counter arguement the opposing side check the facts. The truth did not match up with her claims, plain and simple.

I hope the GOP runs head long into it's own web of deception. This is a matter of strategy and in this case the GOP strategy has BACKFIRED! John Mccain himself has over 150 well established lobbyist running his campaign of "reform". Once again
he chose to reframe the election and he will have to conceal the truth in order to
support his STRATEGY. This "bridge to nowhere" was a self inflicted wound as is his
"reform" platform.

The "reform" platform is in itself a linguistic oxy moron and possibly a political one at that.

con·ser·va·tive (kn-sûrv-tv)
adj.
1. Favoring traditional views and values;tending to oppose change..

This supports my belief that his strategy is a self inflicted political suicide. Can he spin his way out of it??? Maybe...

DO not blame the players, blame the strategy...

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by mental modulator

Originally posted by mental modulator
The difference is that OBAMA/BIDEN did not make this a central theme in each and every stump speech. PALIN did, she ran with, smiled and lied through her teeth.

You mean her one speech?

Also, was Obama not smiling when he appeared before the Senate Federal Financial Management Subcommittee? Was that the difference?

[edit on 13-9-2008 by loam]

NO! I mean every single stump speech up until her return to FAIRBANKS ALASKA...

In speech after speech to crowds in Ohio, Pennsylvania and Virginia in recent days, Gov. Sarah Palin, the Republican candidate for vice president, has made sure to mention the so-called Bridge to Nowhere, the Alaska project that has become the symbol of earmarks, and what she portrays as her “thanks but no thanks” position on it.

thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com...

LEBANON, Ohio (CNN) – Sarah Palin refuses to yield on her claim that she opposed the infamous Bridge to Nowhere earmark, despite charges by the Obama campaign that her assertion is a "lie."

"I told Congress thanks but no thanks for that Bridge to Nowhere," Palin said Tuesday in Lebanon, Ohio.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

The Mccain camped framed the argument of "reform".

"We are the anti PORK anti earmark folks."

PALIN was against the BRIDGE to nowhere - but not really.

This has not been Obama's strategy, he has never claimed such a record.

GOP dropped the ball... this time.

Feel free to keep talking about this.

[edit on 13-9-2008 by mental modulator]

<< 1  2   >>

join