It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how many newbs/dumb posts will it take??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I dont post much...and alot of others feel my pain here...

lets focus on the real/ creditable stuff for awhiile..

u know what im sayin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

enough of the krap..........

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by redseal

No, I don't really know what your saying. Be a little more specific. Are you saying we should focus more on what can be proven as real and dispense with the "Krap" posts about things still unproven?

Boy, the Christians are gonna have a field day with this one...

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dirty Vegas
Boy, the Christians are gonna have a field day with this one...

This statement is the crux of the problem when replying to the thoughts in th opening post.

You (and others) obviously believe Christianity is not creditable while I and many others believe it is creditable. So what should we do? Who gets to decide what can and cannot be discussed here? I respect your opinion and your right to express it....do you feel the same about my rights?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

There is no government in internet. No capital, no towns, cities, mayors, any stable political systems.. No laws. We have no freedom of speech, specifically. What we do have is anarchy, chaos and stuff like that. Those, too, guarantee freedom of speech if we take it for granted that we can form our own group. We can, of course. I don't want to, though.

Nevermind though, you have no rights (online) but it does not matter, does it? It only means that we have not defined any, but there are rules on forums however. We take it for granted that we have what we have in our own countries, sometimes argue about it, and eventually learn to adapt and to realize that we have more rights (none defined) online than in real life.

That also includes all the crap.

But I don't mind, I stay civilized.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
The only thing I want to see gone are threads like this.
ATS is a fabulous resource, but we don't live in Utopia.
It's very easy to just SKIP OVER what you don't want to read.
For some reason that fact seems to elude a lot of people.
You don't post much..WHY NOT?
Add the content you want to see. Ask the questions you want answered.
CREATE THE USER GENERATED CONTENT that makes ATS better.
Be the change you want to see.
Don't just sit on the sidelines whining about it.
We were all new here once. We have all made dumb posts.
Learning is a lifelong process . What was a theory..or "Dumb idea" today, may be a great idea tomorrow. But unless you have the guts to throw it out there..how will you ever know?
I hope you are being judged by the way you judge others.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
This statement is the crux of the problem when replying to the thoughts in th opening post.
Maybe you'd like to explain this in a little more detail since this is a kind of "Passive Aggressive" generalization. How exactly is my statement "The Crux"? And what exactly is "The Problem" that you mention?

You (and others) obviously believe Christianity is not creditable while I and many others believe it is creditable. So what should we do? Who gets to decide what can and cannot be discussed here? I respect your opinion and your right to express it....do you feel the same about my rights?
First of all, don't lump me in with "The Others". You have no idea what my beliefs are and you sure as hell can't decide that from this one off the cuff statement or the few posts I've made.

Now I would also like it very much if you could point to the part in my post where I said that Christianity is not creditable. Can you do that?

You took my post completely out of context. Christianity CANNOT be proven, thus, it is a faith based belief. It always has been. He is suggesting we only talk about the things that CAN be proven, thus cutting out discussions concerning religion or religious beliefs.

I can’t believe I have to explain this to you. Is that why you removed my Avatar 10 mins after you read this “Statement”? Because you felt like I violated YOUR belief foundation? Because it certainly did NOT violate any of the guidelines for selection of Avatars. I looked beforehand.

top topics

join