It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Job Advice - PLEASE HELP!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I am a bilingual sales manager currently working at a small, "tote-the-note" dealership with a weekly draw of $400 and $100 per car sold. I average $4000-$5000 per month, depending on sales. However, my boss has been asking too much from me lately and has basically told me he cannot afford me anymore. I work 6 days per week, from 10am-8 or 9pm, Monday through Saturday. He says such things as "If you think you can find better, just go" and "I need to cut payroll, I cannot afford you anymore". He has us (myself and one more salesman) selling on average 40 cars per month, and barely scraping by. With all of this complaining about money, he just bought his 16 year old son a 2007 Mustang Convertible. All of this has made me feel as though I need to pursue something better, which I have.

I have been offered a job at a small, 100-car lot with no weekly draw but 20% commission on gross, paid weekly. It's laid back like my current job, yet if I sell just 10 cars (not 40 like at my current place), I'll make MORE than my current job. All I have to do is sell, nothing else. I'll have my own desk, my own phone line, have a 5 day workweek, and have a LUNCH! It seems like a great opportunity, the only downside is that it is 45 minutes to an HOUR from where I live. But if I can make 7k-10k per month, I'll gladly make the drive.

I ALSO have a secondary interview with a bigger, NEW CAR dealership about 5 minutes from my house (I got called back after my 1st round of interviews). It is not 100% a YES yet, but I feel as though they like me and I could do very good at their dealership. They told me salesmen average anywhere from $4000 per month, if slow, to about $9500-15k, if they are good. I like the name of the place, the environment, and the location. I also get vacation, benefits, weekly draw, and insurance. It seems like a great opportunity as well, which is where my dilemma comes: HELP ME CHOOSE A PLACE TO GO! PLEASE!

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Go with what your heart tells you. I know what I would pick, and it seems like a no brainer to me. You are very much capable of making this choice.

new topics

join