It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16 US troops commit suicide in Iraq

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I wonder if it was a murder & suicide. Why would 16 marines all do it?

That is way too weird!!!!!! Government is testing new stuff?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by '___'eed
I wonder if it was a murder & suicide. Why would 16 marines all do it?

That is way too weird!!!!!! Government is testing new stuff?

Topic was already started about this subject matter before this one was even started.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You can clearly see that it was started a full 29 minutes before this one even started its first posting.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkAkaSilent

I just wanted to say that while I don't agree with certain policies that affect ONLY us here in America, there have actually been quite a few on capital hill who have walked out because of a COUPLE of men's blatant disregard for the constitution. Congress and the white house have been facing off due to this blatant disregard by a COUPLE of men.. but this in NO WAY suggests that the whole of our gov't is supporting what is happening.

tip off.. Cheney (not so much bush, the puppet on strings) and his henchmen are the ones that are responsible for much of our losing more and more rights and calling the shots. So please, before you come at the government of the United States of America, at least know what you are talking about.

I just get tired of hearing the generalized "government" being thrown around by those who choose to blame them as a whole, a lot of whom really did go in for the right reasons, for all the bad going on in the world. There are other governments who have officials that are just as involved in the corruption.. we are just being shoved out as a country to be the force for these few corrupt leaders THAT COME FROM GOVERNMENTS ACROSS THE WORLD AND NOT JUST OURS.

Anyway, back to topic. I saw this online yesterday in some off the wall "free press" kind of deal that had other cheesy stories. If I happen to come across it again, which I really wouldn't mind not, then I'll post up the link.

Thank you

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Seems like the part in M*A*S*H* when the guy wanted to commit suicide, and everyone thought it was a good idea. Anyone remember that?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkAkaSilent

600 soldiers total committing suicide!? I find this hard to believe. I know we are going to have some soldiers that just aren't strong enough, mentally, to handle not only the mental stress, but, the physical stress as well.

Why is this coming from Iraqi reports. I'd be very careful what I believe.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

So please, before you come at the government of the United States of America, at least know what you are talking about.

Oh, come on now. Our own government has been selling out our Constitutional rights since the Civil War. And that IS their fault, not just a few corrupt leaders who managed to get in. Read bewteen the lines of textbook history to know what you're talking about.

I just get tired of hearing the generalized "government" being thrown around by those who choose to blame them as a whole, a lot of whom really did go in for the right reasons, for all the bad going on in the world.

It is the government. The whole damned system. Wether or not they got into it for the right reasons, every politician takes lobby money. Which makes them the sellouts that they are. Besides, in this day and age I find it hard to believe that there is a single politician out there who didn't go into politics knowing full well what it meant.

There are other governments who have officials that are just as involved in the corruption..

So what? There are some leaders who starve their people and commit genocide? Does that make it okay here in the States, so long as we remain "patriotic?"

I don't mean to sound snarky, but come on.

[edit on 9/9/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by beachbum757

600 soldiers total committing suicide!?

That doesn't really surprise me. Probably not much higher than the national average, especially for people in high-stress jobs. Then throw in a few that probably weren't actually suicides, but couldn't be proven to be homicide.

My brother had a buddy who wound up with a bullet in his head when they got back stateside. They called it suicide, but my brother thinks the guy's wife shot him.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SPC_D

Your a jerk, if you knew anything you would know were not allowed to tell who or where they are at. My brother belongs to an airborne division, there are not many of them and they are all aware of each other...Should I mistakenly say which division he is in or even the location he can get into trouble. Take a moment and bash the people who try to instill fear into families that have loved ones over there.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
This is one of the most unreliable, biased and agenda driven 'news' outlets in media. There are numerous journalistic problems in the report itself:

1) Quote "Iraqi security sources have revealed that 21 US troops had committed suicide inside a former Iraqi air force base 27 days ago, Fars News Agency reported on Monday."

This is 3rd party reporting 'Iraqi security sources' (THAT's a reliable source!!). 'Fars News Agency reported' (Who?? An Iranian news source? - well, they don't have an agenda!!! They NEVER put out propaganda! Give me a break!!)

2) Quote "According to the sources, the 21 troops were treated in a hospital but only five soldiers have survived and they are in a critical condition."

Hold on, in the first quote it was reported that "21 US troops had COMMITTED suicide" now it says that 5 SURVIVED! Granted, I'm arguing semantics - but any serious reporter would never allow this type of error. UNLESS they are just concerned about spreading propaganda or trying to proliferate a HOAX.

Come on folks - PLEASE for the sake of troop morale - please stop posting the false propagandist bilge that our enemies are pumping out as HARD news. Please don't allow your hatred and suspicious, conspiratorial bent to affect your ability to exercise common sense and critical thinking!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
So it is true? Can someone confirm this for me? I'm at work this morning and I have to hit the road soon, I don't have time to look this up.

TYIA

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

I didn't take your reply as snarky at all. Listen, I am not for the way things are going down in general w/ our government, however I have woken up to the fact that I can't place every individual into boxes labeled "government"... "police"... "free masons" etc. I have two cousins that are working on capital hill and I know that they are not bad ppl. They are working FOR us, not against us. But there are a lot of ppl here that don't look at individuals in our government, but rather stew in the pot of boiling hatred toward the government as a whole. They see the gov't as an individual, not a system comprised of individuals (some being yes, bad; but some being good). I don't want my cousins and other good ppl being blamed simply because they are part of the government.

I see those who badmouth the government as a whole rather than looking to see it is an intricate system comprised of individuals who are all pushing agendas (again, some good and some bad) as ignorant and JUST AS WRONG as those individuals in the gov't who look at civilians as a whole rather than individuals. It goes both ways ya know and it takes someone to step outside their distorted and biased view to realize this.

Anyway, it was off topic, but to me it was important enough to clarify this as it seems so many speak out in blind hatred and fear brought about by misunderstanding and ignorance.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by RaDios
This is one of the most unreliable, biased and agenda driven 'news' outlets in media. There are numerous journalistic problems in the report itself:

1) Quote "Iraqi security sources have revealed that 21 US troops had committed suicide inside a former Iraqi air force base 27 days ago, Fars News Agency reported on Monday."

This is 3rd party reporting 'Iraqi security sources' (THAT's a reliable source!!). 'Fars News Agency reported' (Who?? An Iranian news source? - well, they don't have an agenda!!! They NEVER put out propaganda! Give me a break!!)

2) Quote "According to the sources, the 21 troops were treated in a hospital but only five soldiers have survived and they are in a critical condition."

Hold on, in the first quote it was reported that "21 US troops had COMMITTED suicide" now it says that 5 SURVIVED! Granted, I'm arguing semantics - but any serious reporter would never allow this type of error. UNLESS they are just concerned about spreading propaganda or trying to proliferate a HOAX.

Come on folks - PLEASE for the sake of troop morale - please stop posting the false propagandist bilge that our enemies are pumping out as HARD news. Please don't allow your hatred and suspicious, conspiratorial bent to affect your ability to exercise common sense and critical thinking!

Yes I now know this may of been an elaborate hoax on their part as I myself E-mailed Press TV about the many inconsistencies in the article and they never E-mailed me back but a couple of hours after I sent the mail the story changed some what with a new title and some words changed in the article itself so we now know it may be false. And please believe me when I say that I myself am not anti American, I am anti nobody as no religion or race on this earth offends me unless the race/religion oppresses their people.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Does Mr. Woodwards words seem to be ringing a bell here? Sounds to me that our secret military operation may be back firing on our own soldiers. Maybe its a new form of mind control to commit suicide? .........or maybe im just connecting dots with a blind eye

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
You guys really should do some research before you start passing around false info. There isn't even a 57th Airborne Division. Never has been. It is obviously some kind of propaganda crap to boost the morale of the insurgents and lower the morale of my brothers and sisters.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
16 soliders commit suicide, there's more going on than what meets the eye. I wonder if any soldiers saw what really happened?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SPC_D

Ifyou are going to wait to hear it from an American military news source you will be waiting quite a while.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
"57th Unit of the Airborne Division"

Neither the 101st or 82nd airborne divisions list a 57th unit as a part of their current structure. How can the source of this story be trusted if they can't even get this straight?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Whether the story is real or not is not the significance, the sad fact is that we’re already strait too fact from the truth that we all should know.
It is really sad fact that although we are in this technologically advanced age yet our spiritual development is so backward; we have not developed since the Stone Age. For thousands of years, we are still fighting our real enemy, our negative lower animal self.
Technology advancement only brought us more pain and suffering on a larger scale. As we have not yet developed enough to use or harness it properly. We are still gripped by our greed, greed for things that we only temporarily own.
At international level, we hate people form other cultures or other nationality other than our own, at national level we hate people of the same nationality because of their background or their beliefs. At home we hate our family or friends because they have a different view to our own. In fact, we hate anything or anyone that is different to us, all the discrimination comes under the banner of DIFFERENCE.
Our society always talks of humanity, yet most only talks and never actually practice it. Our education and institution system only teach us all the physical aspect of our physical life, and denied the fact that we are in fact 'multi dimensional' beings. The fact that we also co-creator of the very world that we're living, take a look around us, that everything around us comes from 'thin air', it all started in our little but POWERFUL heads.
Everything has the opposite polarity; if we think negative then we will also get negative result. Law of cause and effect and law of physic are exactly the same, it all starts with a simple thought. When this little thought become strong enough, it will manifest itself physically. If we are the owner of whatever form of thought or action that follow it, then we must also have to take the consequence that follows. We are facing our RE-ACTION every single day, whether one believes this or not, we are all responsible for every single thought that we all created, so is all the action that follows it.
It is never too late to change our ways, if we don’t change, we will certainly get the same set of experiences or results ending exactly the same as the way we always behave.
Knowledge is not wisdom, by knowing all the science and technology won’t bring us the human race a better world. The biggest enemy is no in another country, it is actually lodged inside each and every one of us.
Starting to question our intelligence and our action now before it is too late.

Love and Peace to all.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The article seems bogus to me, but sometimes even the biggest lies are based on a kernal of truth.

This story was on CNN's website and is dated Tues September 9th:

Army suicide rate could top nation's this year

As of August, 62 Army soldiers have committed suicide, and 31 cases of possible suicide remain under investigation, according to Army statistics. Last year, the Army recorded 115 suicides among its ranks, which was also higher than the previous year.

Sort of an interesting coincidence that both stories were released the same week.

Here is another from a CNN story in February:

Concern mounts over rising troop suicides

Maybe the moral of the story is that War is Hell, some people who joined the Armed Services weren’t equipped (mentally, that is) to handle the reality of what they have to do in a war, and they killed themselves.

I don't think we have to go to an Iranian Propaganda website to figure out that people kill themselves all the time, and that some of those people are soldiers.

Is there really a surprising News Flash here?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join