It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16 US troops commit suicide in Iraq

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
are thier any troops which use this site who mybe can shed some light on the truth,

as for ur women cheating ,
if that was my other half i would be waiting right at home for him my heart would forever be with him, i would be devastated if my other half went to war everyday i would feel sick with worrie hoping my baby would come home to me and our family,
not all women would cheat, most of us have hearts of gold and love our men through an through,
b

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by annalisse1981

Do you not read the posts?? look at my SN it says SPC for a reason I am in the US army and I am telling you if you were to go back and read a little bit would see that I along with outhers have proved this story false I would ask that you do some reasearch and read a little before posting

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
sorry my bad just read all comments now i was just so saddend thats all, after all u can not put anything past our goverment can u,

didnt they do something like this before testing drugs on troops in the 60s?

as i said just finished reading posts now so sorry i jummped the gun a little bit glad u pointed it out!

and we do have troops on this site to tell the people whot realy goes on

love to u hunnie

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by annalisse1981

indeed the goverment did do '___' experments on troops before

'___' was the original centerpiece of the United States Central Intelligence Agency's top secret MK-ULTRA project, an ambitious undertaking conducted from the 1950s through the 1970s designed to explore the possibilities of pharmaceutical mind control. Hundreds of participants, including CIA agents, government employees, military personnel, prostitutes, members of the general public, and mental patients were given '___', many without their knowledge or consent. The experiments often involved severe psychological torture, and many victims committed suicide or wound up in psychiatric wards[citation needed]. The researchers eventually concluded that '___''s effects were too varied and uncontrollable to make it of any practical use as a truth drug, and the project moved on to other substances. It would be decades before the US government admitted the existence of the project and offered apologies to the families of those who had died during the experiments.

here is the wiki link

History_of_'___'

But no I do not put anything past my government and I like to hold them responsible for there actions just in this case there was no wrong doing because there was no mass suicide.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
thank for the link

so much to learn i think,

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
there is something more to do this or otherwise its not true. you cant just get 21 men that age to agree to all kill themselves. it just doesnt happen.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
It is possible that this was no suicide, but even if it is, its a big deal.

I dont think its weird they ate dinner first.
If they were planning on killing themselves, they probably looked at it as a last meal.
We do that for prisoners before we kill them.

But either way, suicide or not, this should be making more news.
I mean, if they did kill themselves, we should ask why?
And I think its pretty obvious what the answer is... the troops are being forced to kill innocents, as we've had many come forth and say.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaginD
This makes me sick to my stomach
When is enough enough?!?!? I can't even think of the words to describe how this makes me feel. Of course, the media won't mention this.. God forbid the people were being INFORMED by the "News".

Thanks for posting this. At least I can get the truth from you guys..

KaginD, what is worse is how quickly YOU believe, based on a single unsubstanciated post on ATS. I think you need tor e-examine yourself just a bit.

What does it say about you and your willingness to believe?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
icasualties.org...

I go to this website and makes no mention of any such event and I trust this site since its updated and sometimes ahead of the DoD when informing about any upcoming casualties. End of story.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkAkaSilent

ATS Please Remove this post, this post caused my mother to almost have a heartattack because of its false lies, post like this can really hurt people......try having a love one overseas and then having some hatefilled OP post this to try and disparage troops and family members.
My brother is a part of the so called 57th Airborne Div.(for security reason I cant state thier real division and postion) and I just got off the phone with him and he said this article is a joke.... No one committed suicide and if there have been any deaths, not saying there has been and of course not 16 there were not from suicide.... Why dont we just trust Fox, Cnn, and are local news channels, this is huge if it happened and if its not reported there then its not true. Some exceptions noted
Get this I did a search of who is carrying this news story,,, here we go lets look at the list.
Diggs, Ronpaulfourms,Liveleak,federaljack,toxic,the peoples voice... all these sites lean so far left if they were a boat it would have capsized in secs. Diggs has to be one of the worst news outlets, or reoutlets....I will not believe for one moment that we pick the stories that pop up on Diggs, there are first vetted by its leftist extremist and then if it past thier test it goes on thier site, otherwise(opps not enough diggs--hehehe)

[edit on 9-9-2008 by alienj]

[edit on 9-9-2008 by alienj]

[edit on 10-9-2008 by alienj]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I didn't read through the whole thread, but I'm calling BS propoganda on this one. One of the things that sticks out in the article is the blatant attempt to "sound official" without actually knowing what they are talking about.

...belonged to a unit of the US Airborne Division that was behind the massacre of several Iraqi families...

Okay which airborne division? There are several, not to mention the smaller elements.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by alienj

there is no 57th airborne DIV! I know this might come as a shock to you but it is true there is no 57th sorry

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPC_D

I will tell you why I do it... you ready? The money I do it because I get paid and I get free housing and medical and free college and what not. I don't do this for your freedoms or because I think its right or wrong I fight because I get paid to. I know im a sad sob or what ever but that is my reason...

Wow I am sorry for being off topic again but dude you really earned my respect for your honesty! I have to hand it to you in this world of spin and lies you laid it out like a MAN.

On topic: This does seem to be some sort of propaganda but the figures that were posted of the rate of suicide the past years is alarming. I feel for those troops...what a way to lose your hope and dreams.

Screw this lying cheating Government that only helps the rich stay rich and get more rich through war and big business bailouts. They are never going to be on our side again and we need to take our country back. It is not going to happen through the election process, or through writing your representatives or protest. It will only happen when enough awaken and exercise our second amendment.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienj

My brother is a part of the 57th Airborne Div. and I just got off the phone with him and he said this article is a joke.... No one committed suicide and if there have been any deaths, not saying there has been and of course not 16 there were not from suicide....

What else does he tell you? I am very interested in hearing information straight from the soldiers mouth. I guess I was suprised to see it show up on google but know realize they have a bunch of bogus articles about other stuff as well. This story is a fake. Make another thread for any suicide trend in the military if you want to.

[edit on 9/9/08 by stikkinikki]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

Wow I see you will believe anything wont you? Well believe this there is no 57th airborne DIV I don't know how many more times I have to say it or prove it but that unit is non existent in any way shape or form.

[edit on 9-9-2008 by SPC_D]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPC_D

Wow I see you will believe anything wont you? Well believe this there is no 57th airborne DIV I don't know how many more times I have to say it or prove it but that unit is non existent in any way shape or form.

[edit on 9-9-2008 by SPC_D]

Sarcasm doesn play very well on the internet does it. I've been here for much of the thread so yeah I know that the info about the 57th has been reported. You know how a cat plays with a ball of string?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by alienj

ATS Please Remove this post, this post caused my mother to almost have a heartattack because of its false lies, post like this can really hurt people......try having a love one overseas and then having some hatefilled OP post this to try and disparage troops and family members. My brother is a part of the 57th Airborne Div. and I just got off the phone with him and he said this article is a joke....

You're kidding right? You say your brother is fighting over there, yet you come to a place like ATS and expect the mods to commit blatant censorship? Now I think the article is BS, but I think you are too. I have a brother overseas on his fourth tour now, and this article doesn't bother me one little bit. I find it almost funny actually, what a terrible job the propogandists did.

If you really do have a brother over there, I suggest you find out what unit he is actually in too, because as someone else had mentioned, there is not 57th Airborne Division. Making a mistake like that will piss off people more than the OP will.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This is pure bs propaganda, don't take any notice until the free world media start chirping about it guys.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Tuche and may I say well played, im just so tyerd of all the people getting caught up in the lies of this post that I could not see your post for waht it was. thank you and Now I go to smoke and well I think coffie will be in order as I fear I will have a long day ahead of me. way to go Gitmo oh how I hate you Gitmo that is not you stik

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SPC_D

You've never heard of the 57th Unit of the Airborne Division? They served under Gen. George Washington in Paraguay during the Vietnam war.... sheesh

In all seriousness, the article is bogus. Are there suicides in the Armed Forces? Sadly so... always has been, always will. Not saying it couldn't happen, but 16 at once and no news from the major news centers yet some Iranian news site has the scoop? C'mooooooooon!!!

Anyone with a little knowledge will know how to research using the world's biggest library... the internet!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join